Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC v Milan Score Prediction (you must log in to vote)

Liverpool to win in 90 mins
      35 (66%)
      Liverpool to win in extra time
      9 (17%)
      Liverpool to win on penalties
      4 (7.5%)
      Liverpool to lose
      3 (5.7%)
      We shoot the person who voted us to lose
      2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 24, 2007 06:55:35 pm

European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion

Read 41346 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      May 02, 2007 10:02:53 pm
      Thought I might get ahead of myself and start this topic off early!!

It was a pleasure watching United flow tears and frustration. ;)

They really seen their arses tonight, arrogant cu*ts.

But anyway Milan are not the same team we played 2 years ago, for example, Shevckenko has left... so has Crespo. They both played a vital role during the Final 2 years back.

I feel really confident about this one. I think we could be smelling sweet SIXSESS.

On the other hand, what a historic night it was last night against Chelsea. What an absolute cracking Football match.

They didn't make it easy for us at all. But we hung in there and got the result. We must have the best record for penalties in Europe!

But I hope we won't be in for another 3 - 0 half time again, it is too much stress.

Let's just stuff them in normal time, but I do expect an exciting match!

Let's all be aware that Milan will be after revenge for what we did to them. They are still licking their wounds from 2005.

Anyone going to Athens? I've got no money, plus not old enough to travel with a friend. Seeing I am only 16!!

Come on you Red men, bring it home where it belongs!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 05:34:52 pm by JD »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07)
      Reply #1: May 02, 2007 10:08:06 pm
      Thought I might get ahead of myself and start this topic off early!!

It was a pleasure watching United flow tears and frustration. ;)

They really seen their arses tonight, arrogant cu*ts.

But anyway Milan are not the same team we played 2 years ago, for example, Shevckenko has left... so has Crespo. They both played a vital role during the Final 2 years back.

I feel really confident about this one. I think we could be smelling sweet SIXSESS.

On the other hand, what a historic night it was last night against Chelsea. What an absolute cracking Football match.

They didn't make it easy for us at all. But we hung in there and got the result. We must have the best record for penalties in Europe!

But I hope we won't be in for another 3 - 0 half time again, it is too much stress.

Let's just stuff them in normal time, but I do expect an exciting match!

Let's all be aware that Milan will be after revenge for what we did to them. They are still licking their wounds from 2005.

Anyone going to Athens? I've got no money, plus not old enough to travel with a friend. Seeing I am only 16!!

Come on you Red men, bring it home where it belongs!

And the Reds will be out to prove a point that it wasnt a fluke in 2005  ;) ;D ;D ;D   :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: May 02, 2007 10:13:47 pm
      It's going to be very close.  If Maldini is fit...this might 'definitely' be his last one... (or is he just going to go on forever).

They will be after revenge big time.

But then, so were Chelsea in the semi's and look what happened to them.

We're a better side than in Istanbul and Harry Kewell is injured.  I actually feel quite confident that we can do it.  They won't know what to do with Crouch for a start.

Ah.... two glorious days these have been.  :ernaehrung004:
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: May 02, 2007 10:19:44 pm
      It's going to be very close.  If Maldini is fit...this might 'definitely' be his last one... (or is he just going to go on forever).

They will be after revenge big time.

But then, so were Chelsea in the semi's and look what happened to them.

We're a better side than in Istanbul and Harry Kewell is injured.  I actually feel quite confident that we can do it.  They won't know what to do with Crouch for a start.

Ah.... two glorious days these have been.  :ernaehrung004:

Very true. I don't think they would be able to handle the height of Crouch for one.

Maldini will just end up going on forever and ever and ever and ever...

Quite right, two very glorious days it has been.  :scarf:

So beer me!  :ernaehrung004:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: May 02, 2007 10:21:20 pm

.  They won't know what to do with Crouch for a start.

A.  :ernaehrung004:

They could hang there hats on him  ;) ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: May 02, 2007 10:41:06 pm
      Another short summer for the players then... ;)

Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini, Ancelotti.  So many scores to settle. 

Bet none of them touch the European Cup this time.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: May 02, 2007 11:02:56 pm
      Well after watching Milan tonight, we're gonna have to be so focused in the final.

I'm really hoping that them wanting revenge so much, could be the undoing of them. They looked like a team with a mission to meet us tonight.

But we're a different kettle of fish to United. ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: May 02, 2007 11:11:56 pm
      I remember that!

Louy Garcia was saying to Carra that it is bad luck touching the Cup before the game starts. Then they seen Kaka and  crew touch it! They both looked at it and thought... lets see.

I bet Carra was fuming with Louy at half time!! :D
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #8: May 02, 2007 11:16:30 pm
      Brilliant couple of nights, Milan outclassed united tonight they destroyed them United could hardly get near the ball.

i wanted to beat manure in the final but its even sweeter knowing theyre not good enough to get to the final :)

it will be a very tough game, very tough Milan are a world class side, id say imo better than Chelsea, maybe we could use Bellamy up front, for his pace against the ageing Milan defenders and Crouch could cause all sorts of problems.

never-the-less COME ON REDMEN
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: May 03, 2007 12:10:07 am
      I'm not being.. crap.. but is it Liv V AC or AC V Liv?

Can't believe it! I think they'll be stronger this time, dunno why. But they are without Schevchenko so ???

I think anything could happen though..

3 weeks guys! :scarf:
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #10: May 03, 2007 12:44:41 am
      Another short summer for the players then... ;)

Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini, Ancelotti.  So many scores to settle. 

Hope all Milan players touch the cup on the way onto the pitch..... :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #11: May 03, 2007 12:45:25 am
      There's also an advantage. 2005 I guess Pool underestimated the effective and direct style of Milan a bit. They were torched in cold blood and it was quickly 3-0. Now they know how dangerous Milan is.

And I agree this team is BETTER than the 2005-squad, esp. Crouch is a HUGE advantage.

Good chance for Pool to get 6!!! :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #12: May 03, 2007 12:55:21 am
      Hope we get to play in the red shirts.  I hate the green and white away kit.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: May 03, 2007 12:59:53 am
      Ooooooo good thinking ^ I'm sure I saw it on Sky as "AC Milan Vs Liverpool" so they'd wear their red/black and we'd have to wear either yellow (YAY) or white/green.. but if that's wrong and it's the other way around, even better ;D
      yankeeboy1865
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #14: May 03, 2007 02:56:35 am
      They're in Red. Oh and by the way, I was listening to Getting Better by the Beatles and I've decided we should make that our Champions League song if we win it.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #15: May 03, 2007 08:11:11 am
      Yes AC is the home team so we'll be in Yellow we definitely far better then 2005 lots of form also now with our big stars.

I think Kuyt and crouch should both start.Kuyt is a workhorse his impressed the hell out of me this season always gives 150% and the Big man will out jump Maldini and Nesta.
      Also think Bellamy might start ahead of 1 of these 2 especially with his pace against the OLD centre half's of Milan  ??? What do use think
      WhistonChris
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #16: May 03, 2007 08:26:51 am
      Personally, I'd have liked an all England Final.

What I am enjoying though, is silencing all those Man U fans who have been saying loud and often how Liverpool's victory in '05 was a fluke, and lucky etc etc - well it's very sweet to be able to say "We came back from 0 - 3 down against AC Milan ........ and won the Cup. Something you lot couldn't do"  :laugh:

Now for the Final. It'll be tough. It'll be tense - here's hoping Raffa primes them for two halves of excellent football - do that and I'm confident we'll win our 6th  :champ:
       :scarf:
      Give them another 3 - 0 start and ........................ ... jeeze, not again!  :cwl:
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #17: May 03, 2007 09:22:58 am
      How funny was it, last night, to see Gattuso ranting and raving at Ronaldo. The guys a nutter......Pity he got substituted straight after, as the red mist had decended with a vengeance, and it would have been nice to see him sent off, and missing the final.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: May 03, 2007 09:33:02 am
      Its gonna be one hell of a game if last nights performance by milan is anything to go by but with king carra in defence we shouldnt have the same problems as utd its gonna be a long wait til 23rd now.
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #19: May 03, 2007 09:41:13 am
      honestly it was a fantastic performance by milan yesterday, kaká seemed unstoppable at times but carra will cope with that.
      i just want a clear (2:0,3:0,...) win this time...think i wouldn`t survive antoher night like in 2005 ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: May 03, 2007 10:59:05 am
      How funny was it, last night, to see Gattuso ranting and raving at Ronaldo. The guys a nutter......Pity he got substituted straight after, as the red mist had decended with a vengeance, and it would have been nice to see him sent off, and missing the final.
      Yeah! I wanted him to punch his face off haha it was hilarious ;D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #21: May 03, 2007 11:19:38 am
      Yes AC is the home team so we'll be in Yellow we definitely far better then 2005 lots of form also now with our big stars.

yellow? yout right in as we are gonna be the Away team but as we have a european away kit i'm pretty sure were gonna be wearing the white and green kit.......

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #22: May 03, 2007 11:26:48 am
      Well well well, history's well and truly repeated itself this time with regards to the draw hasn't it?

The personell might have changed at Milan, but the system they play is pretty much identical to two years ago. Hopefully Rafa will have learnt why we went 3-0 down in the first place. Our best spell of the game in Istanbul was when we switched to three at the back, and is when all our goals came, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to try a 3-5-2 to start, switching back to a more conventional formation after taking the lead.

Might be getting tickets to the final, but if I do I'm not gonna be able to afford the plane and gonna have to drive. The route planner says it's a 29 hour drive, should be fun!

Quick Reply