Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC v Milan Score Prediction (you must log in to vote)

Liverpool to win in 90 mins
      35 (66%)
      Liverpool to win in extra time
      9 (17%)
      Liverpool to win on penalties
      4 (7.5%)
      Liverpool to lose
      3 (5.7%)
      We shoot the person who voted us to lose
      2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 24, 2007 06:55:35 pm

European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion

Read 41462 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #207: May 23, 2007 08:08:01 am
      Go you reds bring it home im so nervous but at the same time extremely excited.
      defo worth getting up at three in the morning for!

Lucky you can sleep before it, me i'm up now for the next 24 hours couldn't possibly get to sleep before it kicks off at 4:45 in the morning!! It's 5:10pm now and the nerves are kicking in bigtime!! Just under 12 hours to go!!!

Come on you reds!!! YNWA
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #208: May 23, 2007 08:26:52 am
      OMG !!  cant believe its finally here, feel sick, been awake since 5am this morning sooooooo looking forward to tonight, enjoy the game fellow reds - as if you need telling !  ;) ;D  Lets bring that cup home to its spiritual home, glad i'm off work today and tomorrow, the only thing is i've got to keep myself occupied to stop my nerves getting the better of me  :D 

Just been watching a bunch of lads on SSNews who've travelled by campervan all the way there, they were having a brilliant time, it was dead funny ! 

COME ON YOU REDS !  :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      lawrencep1
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #209: May 23, 2007 08:42:43 am
      Who do people think will start tonight, Kewell or Bolo?, Crouch or Kuyt? Both Alonso and Javier with Stevie just behind the front man?????
      MsGerrard
      Reply #210: May 23, 2007 08:46:54 am
      Well this is it, the big day is finally here.  I have just been watching the news reports and now I am really excited.
      I have my flags, scarfs and posters up all over the house, my flags are flying nicely in the breeze, it is a beautiful day, I think the neighbours think I'm mad, living in a small village in the middle of Leicestershire, there's not loads of Liverpool fans here and of course they wouldn't know what it's like to be in Europe.

I am about to paint my nails red/white and then I'm off to the gym in my Athens T'Shirt to work off any stress. Then I'll be ready for the big night, there is a gang of us all meeting up to watch the match.
      I think Liverpool will win 2-1. ;D ;D

Wherever you are tonight, be proud of our lads, sing them to glory, and have a few bevvies!!!!  I know I will.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #211: May 23, 2007 09:42:23 am
      am going with a 1-2 scoreline...which flashed into my head last night, in normal time.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #212: May 23, 2007 10:50:03 am
      Bolo was a doubt with his ankle, same as Sissoko, so I don't know!

I don't wana guess the score or say 'we will win' too much just in case.. BUT I believe we can do it.!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH IT'S TODAY! IN 4 hours I have to move from the library to the Union so I best get my ass down there.. hehe

ENJOY THE GAME EVERYONE!! :scarf:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #213: May 23, 2007 11:06:46 am
      I'm also going for 2-1, rumour has it we will adopt a 4-5-1 formation so I will go for Kuyt for first goal, but I have a feeling in my water
      (not cystitis!) that young Crouchy if given a chance will cause mayhem in the box and score. I also hope that whoever plays right wing keeps
      trying to rip Maldini as I am sure his plastic hip will give in at some point.

Either way I have total faith and belief.

C'mon You Red Men  :champ:
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #214: May 23, 2007 12:08:12 pm
      idk. my prediction is mind numming. i have a feeling it'll tie one, and then we'll score in the last minute of the extended time. it'll be stevie to score, but thats only if rafa puts him in the middle. he needs to start pennant on the right. he can keep up with maldini. then stevie can play more as a forward midfielder. LETS GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #215: May 23, 2007 12:34:01 pm
      I have a feeling Riise will lash one in, in the 32nd minute
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #216: May 23, 2007 12:40:05 pm
      I hope the formation is 4-5-1 with Gerrad as a attacking midlielder and Pennant on the right.

So my line up would be

Reina

Finnan-------------------Cara-------------------------Agger-------------------Risse

Pennant---------------Masch--------------------Alonso---------------Kewell
                                                       Gerrard

Crouch/Kuyt

But I have a feeling we'll be lining up with a 4-4-2 formation and Gerrard on the right wing with Masch and Xabi in centre midfield and Kuyt and Crouch to start will Bella's on the bench

With just under 7 hours to kick off I'm so nervous GOOD LUCK YOU MIGHTY REDS
      win or lose I'll always love you do us proud
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2007 12:43:09 pm by Naza05 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #217: May 23, 2007 01:07:55 pm
      It's nearly here.  I have finished work and will be heading in to Liverpool later. 

Thoroughly excited.  Had a manc in work giving it the old wind up today.  I reminded him that even if we lose the only fans who will be in a position to mock us will be the AC Milan fans.  He had no reply to that.

Anyway, away with the negative talk - I just hope we do ourselves proud and give as good as we got.  You can guarantee we won't give in and our players will stand up and be counted.

I hope all our fans out there are having a great time, and as many as you as possible have landed your tickets.  The press said Barcelona were the favourites - we went to the Nou Camp and battered them.  Then the press said Chelsea were the favourites - they fell aside to the mighty red charge too.

The Rossoneri will be hell bent on revenge and yet again the media have all written us off.  Not for the first time - let's hope they're all eating their words tomorrow.

Come on you Reds!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #218: May 23, 2007 01:51:46 pm
      Aaargh I'm so excited now!! The more I read on here the more I think "we can win this" but I don't wanna get too much umm .. I dunno what the word is, just in case, but if we are 2-0 up at half time I will be well happy :D
      I hope Gerrard starts in the middle, NOT on the side, he's clearly better in the middle.
      And Kuyt up front if it's going to be like that, otherwise, Kuyt and Crouch!

JD I like that actually, all I've got lately is "AC are gonna thrash you this time" from non-Liverpool fans. So if we lose, I say "you're not even an AC fan, and Newcastle/Reading aren't in this competition, and AC beat Utd so shut UP." That should tell em  :-\
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #219: May 23, 2007 02:07:29 pm
      Yep. I hope Gerrard starts in any central position. Ahead of Alonso and Mascherano would be ideal, to keep any constant drive from Gattuso from happening. That will be key in tonights game.

Anyone fancy a sing song? You'll Never Walk Alone
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #220: May 23, 2007 02:08:10 pm
      I am so nervous...just about to finish work...going home to hopefully get a few zzzzz's but I doubt it...up in a few hours to see number 6 come home.... go you redmen and wherever all you fellow reds are good luck and let's have a smashing night.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #221: May 23, 2007 02:21:43 pm
      im off 2 town at 4 o clock to meet me dad and try and find a place to watch it ;D cant wait ive got butterflies COME ON REDMEN
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #222: May 23, 2007 03:27:10 pm
      7.22 am over here in LA and got jack all sleep......got the runs again I'm so nervous and excited but I'm taking that as a good sign as last time I had them we took care of Chelsea and Barcalona.......at times diarrhea is so comforting!!!!!

Just read about that last plane that had to be cancelled due to a malfunction.....god I feel for those fans who had tickets but now are stuck back home...thats awful....tonights for all the fans who made the crusade to Greece and for all those with 'Hope in Your Hearts'.....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #223: May 23, 2007 03:58:35 pm
      All ready to go, just put me red shirt on. Boy am i excited, cant wait for this, gotta good feeling !! -  Enjoy tonight fellow reds, we're bringing number 6 back home.  Speak to you later if i'm in fit state !! 

Smiggs   :food-smiley-005: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #224: May 23, 2007 04:00:08 pm
      Can not wait now! We will bring back number 6 i can feel it! 2-1 to the redmen (i had a dream about it!)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #225: May 23, 2007 04:00:56 pm
      Slept in my LFC training top lastnight...god did I sweat....worth it though!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #226: May 23, 2007 04:09:05 pm
      Superb reading from fans all over the world and all the early starts, early afternoons and late nights.

COME ON REDS - Bring home number Six..

I'll speak to you all later when I am a little bit more sozzled!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #227: May 23, 2007 04:12:41 pm
      Must be watching the 3rd or 4th rerun of the 2005 game within the last two days.....still nervous watching a repeat!....this is going to be a tough day....come on Redmen!
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #228: May 23, 2007 04:15:05 pm
      7.22 am over here in LA and got jack all sleep......got the runs again I'm so nervous and excited but I'm taking that as a good sign as last time I had them we took care of Chelsea and Barcalona.......at times diarrhea is so comforting!!!!!

Just read about that last plane that had to be cancelled due to a malfunction.....god I feel for those fans who had tickets but now are stuck back home...thats awful....tonights for all the fans who made the crusade to Greece and for all those with 'Hope in Your Hearts'.....

glad im not the only one ;D im off to town now COME ON REDMEN YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #229: May 23, 2007 04:21:29 pm
      COME ON YOU REDS!!! Bring it home!!

I'll see you's on the other side! I have to go get my head together!
      Best wishes to everyone wherever you will watch it!

YNWA!

Quick Reply