Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 32769 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #253: Nov 05, 2009 09:05:24 am
      Wonder what odds you can get on us winning the Europa League?  :f_tongueincheek:
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #254: Nov 05, 2009 09:08:42 am
      Lucas=Idiot, Voronin= Idiot. That's all i can say.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #255: Nov 05, 2009 09:12:02 am
      I don't think for a second we should go out against Debrecen with an apathetic approach, even if it counts for nothing a solid win would be good for confidence, I'm just saying that in term's of qualifying it doesn't matter what the scoreline is against them as long as it's in our favour. We're miles behind on goal difference so unless we beat Debrecen 10-0, only 3-0 against Fiorentina would do. And debrecen have already shown they're not that bad.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #256: Nov 05, 2009 09:17:08 am
      A spirited performance even if we lacked a touch of class. Looking at Lyon last night it's all the harder to believe how they beat us at home. Their not the greatest team around. Lets face it the real damage was done at Anfield two weeks ago.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #257: Nov 05, 2009 09:24:45 am
      Wonder what odds you can get on us winning the Europa League?  :f_tongueincheek:

Missus saw on some website before the Lyon game and we were favourites to win it :(
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #258: Nov 05, 2009 09:26:34 am
      Their not the greatest team around. Lets face it the real damage was done at Anfield two weeks ago.

Agreed. You must win your home matched in this competition and after the loss in Florence we needed to wind that game and threw it away much like we threw a win away last night. Defensively we have go to tighten up or we will win nothing this season. Thought we played well last night apart from after we scored. Silly error cost us again. Still we've got a chance...
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #259: Nov 05, 2009 09:45:21 am
      Result is very disappointing but considering the injury problems we had, that was still a good performance. Its a shame we didn't come away with a win because i felt we would have deserved it.

Still making defensive errors and not being lethal enough in front of goal but hopefully once we have a fully fit line-up, those problems should go away.

But i believe we can still make it through to the next stages (fingers crossed).
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #260: Nov 05, 2009 09:50:04 am
      Lucas=Idiot, Voronin= Idiot. That's all I can say.

then please say nothing, Lucas didn't do bad yesterday
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #261: Nov 05, 2009 10:06:17 am

Who's to say we'd qualify for it, we can still finish ROCK BOTTOM ! :f_tongueincheek:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #262: Nov 05, 2009 10:07:43 am

Babel makes life difficult. You play him as a winger for the full 90 minutes and he is often crap. Then you bring him in as a sub striker and he scores a beauty. My feeling is, maybe he should play as a second striker behind Torres for a few games.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #263: Nov 05, 2009 10:10:46 am
      Lucas=Idiot, Voronin= Idiot. That's all i can say.

Mate Lucas did well last night
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #264: Nov 05, 2009 10:26:41 am
      Wouldn't be Liverpool FC if we did not do it the hard way, Fate still has some way to play in this as its now out of our hands lets just hope fate is fortuitous and shines down on the red of Liverpool FC.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #265: Nov 05, 2009 10:32:24 am
      Even the finest details of our problems relate to the owners - kyrgiakos was a bargain basement signing and just probably cost the club Millions - serves the owners right
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #266: Nov 05, 2009 10:43:54 am
      The frailties were glaring in a game we controlled and dominated, this could be a contradiction in the same way that stating the manager had his best team out is also an error of definition - all the pre match debate about injuries and lack of depth was expounded in two incidents which cost us the game. When Veronin presented the ball to the goalkeeper with the net gaping from ten yards out indicated why the man is not worshipped at Anfield - he is not qualified to be there!! The defensive errors with the Lyon goal were themselves indefensible - there were two Lyon forwards skipping it seemed hand in hand towards Pepe blissfully unopposed, the problem is of course the manager is totally aware of these frailties but does not have the means to correct them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    LFC could and should have been two goals to the good if Kuyt had slotted his audacious chip and Benny had a bit of fortune but lady luck pissed on us again to be honest the Babel goal was a showstopper that was a deserved match winner............if only.
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2009 11:03:57 am by stuey »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #267: Nov 05, 2009 10:55:57 am
      I really don't get all the negative posts, I think perspective is needed as regards the future. We battered the Scummers. We were playin away to Lyon, the group leaders, we were by far the better team, we made some good chances. As regards their goal, Agger was badly positioned for the ball which left kyrgiakos stranded, he should of stayed up but his pace would have let him down if he had and he probably would have dragged him down so its all a null point really. A phrase we appear to be gettin used to is 'Sh*t Happens'.
      Lyon are a better team than Fiorentina and they'll want to beat them to get the better draw for the 16. In short, ITS IN OUR HANDS and we know what happens then don't we?

There are an absolute sh*t load of posts on here which point out all the negativity as regards us in the press lately but for every 50 negative posts there's 1 level head who points out with FACTS and STATISTICS that these negatives have no bearing on our club. Try and concentrate on the TRUTHFUL points cos lets be honest they're all that matters. Do what I've done for a while now, don't read the f***in press, its 95% bullshit anyway.

In the words of Rafa 'When you walk through a storm, you hold your head up high'

IRWT - YNWA
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #268: Nov 05, 2009 11:34:30 am
      While I was watching the match last night the commentator on Tv said that it's not easy being a liverpool fan nowadays and that you need to have nerves of steal to take in everything that has been happening lately,  and I was thinking 'you have no idea mate"!! But then I thought we are Kopites bring it on!! Things like this just make us stronger, so no matter the bad luck last night I'm behind my team 100%!! YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #269: Nov 05, 2009 11:44:30 am
      Should've won yesterday. Very dissappointing. Contrrolled a lot of the game but couldn't produce anything. It was a better performance than the firstt half one at fulham, but still, extremly disspointing. Any reason why aquilani didn't come on for the last 15?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #270: Nov 05, 2009 11:47:58 am
      So we have to hope that Fiorentina loses to Lyon and any win against them will do. That's the easiest it can be.

or

We can do it Liverpool style. We thrashed both of them and get them results when it matters most.
      Problem is Lyon have essentially qualified. They suffered so many injuries, for sure they won't have their first team line up, might even play their reserves. Plus the game is at Fiorentina's home ground. This is as hard a comeback as its ever been for us and its completely out of our hands.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #271: Nov 05, 2009 12:19:16 pm
      Off topic but:

What would the club get more money for, getting to the last 16 in the UCL or winning the Europa League?

I'm by no means giving up I'm just interested in the figures.
      koppiteal
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • CMON THE REDS
      Reply #272: Nov 05, 2009 12:43:51 pm
      Lads were not out of it yet. If Lyon get anything in Italy we WILL stuff Fiorantina by 3 goals. YNWA IRWT
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #273: Nov 05, 2009 12:46:14 pm
      Off topic but:

What would the club get more money for, getting to the last 16 in the UCL or winning the Europa League?

I'm by no means giving up I'm just interested in the figures.

Probably getting in the last 16 of the CL.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #274: Nov 05, 2009 12:56:29 pm
      Lucas=Idiot, Voronin= Idiot. That's all I can say.

LFCBosnia = Idiot. ::)

Did you even watch the game?

I stand by my thoughts last night. I'm very proud of our performance and we were very unlucky to have conceded late on. All that we can do now is crack on and hope that the Fiorentina game goes in our favour.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #275: Nov 05, 2009 01:01:37 pm
      I handed Lucas the man of the match last night.  Toss up between him and Mascherano.

Thought they were both outstanding and the reason why we dominated the game.

Quick Reply