Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

The Official Jamie Ward thread

Read 10986 times
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Re: The Official Jamie Ward thread
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2010 07:45:01 pm
      It really sickens me as well, but worse are the cheap and disgusting attacks from Liverpool supporters, some of the names he has been called by his so called own supporters is disgraceful to say the least.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2010 08:00:21 pm
      It really sickens me as well, but worse are the cheap and disgusting attacks from Liverpool supporters, some of the names he has been called by his so called own supporters is disgraceful to say the least.

True but they are the ill informed that buys into all the misleading articles that the media, ex-players pundits etc spew at them.

Do we condemn them for not having the insight/means to form an honest educated insightful opinion or do you try and educate them ?
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2010 08:12:52 pm
      Im getting a bit tired of trying to educate people to be honest, fighting media myths is very hard work.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2010 08:14:13 pm
      Im getting a bit tired of trying to educate people to be honest, fighting media myths is very hard work.

You want to try the "Is Rafa the right man thread" :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jan 19, 2010 10:25:32 am
      You want to try the "Is Rafa the right man thread" :D

Try the whole bloody Kop board!
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2010 11:33:22 am
      I tend to steer well clear of LFC forums now, I would never leave my computer trying to fight against the sea of propaganda.

Another media example:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/331096-steve-bruce-rafael-benitez-kenwyne-jones-and-the-media-pot-stirring
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2010 11:41:37 am
      Steve Bruce, Rafael Benitez, Kenwyne Jones, and the Media Pot Stirring

Jamie Ward

It would seem the constantly "disrespectful" Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, is up to his cunning tricks again. According to Sunderland manager—and ex-Manchester United legend—Steve Bruce, Benitez is playing games at the expense of Kenwyne Jones.

For several days now the papers have insisted that Benitez and Liverpool have been in talks with Sunderland to bring Jones to Merseyside on loan until the end of the season.

Some have even gone as far as confirming the deal has already been completed, with a permanent switch being finalised in the summer.

Apparently this has considerably angered Bruce and his chairman, Niall Quinn, to the point that the club voiced its distaste for the way Benitez has used the media to unsettle the Trinidad international.

“I don’t know whether they are serious or whether Rafa is playing games with his board, but the only people who are suffering are Kenwyne and Sunderland. This may be all about the problems Liverpool have. It might be power games.”

Bruce insists that Liverpool have not made any contact with Sunderland about the move, and if they did, the chances of landing Jones on loan are impossible.

"As if I’m going to let a big player and one of our big assets go anywhere on loan,” he said. “I don’t understand where they’re coming from. It’s total nonsense, it is ludicrous, it’s the biggest load of rubbish.

Do me favour. It is like me asking for Steven Gerrard on loan. I’ll try that, maybe. For the record, Kenwyne is not going on loan to anybody.”   

Benitez was accused by Martin O'Neill of acting in the same way last summer over Gareth Barry's apparent move from Villa Park to Anfield; so Bruce seems to have every right to feel aggrieved towards the Red's manager for playing mind games with one of his players.

That is of course if the Spaniard had actually uttered a single word in reference to wanting Kenwyne Jones either on loan, a permanent deal, or as a straight swap for Liverpool misfit, Ryan Babel.

Despite regular journalist assurances that the deal is close to, or already complete, the club has made no public comment in regards to the transfer.

With Bruce claiming Liverpool have made no formal approach over the proposed loan move, and no actual quotes attributed to Benitez in reference to bringing Jones to Anfield during the winter transfer window, the Sunderland manager's motives could easily be brought into question.

It would seem the constant barrage of rumour and mischief created by journalists and editors looking to increase web traffic and revenue, has not only convinced some Liverpool supporters that a deal—or at least talks between the two clubs—has taken place, but also fooled Bruce in to believing the constant media hype.

It just goes to show how erroneous rumours can snowball and become fact, and add even more pressure to an already volatile situation—something the club could do without as they climb swiftly back up the form table, with 13 points from their last six games.

Liverpool followers have already littered message boards complaining about their manager, some furiously stating he should not be chasing a second rate player—despite the obvious that Benitez has not actually mentioned his desire to sign Kenwyne Jones in the immediate future.

Newspaper headlines and Steve Bruce claim a "disrespectful" Benitez, yet in reality it appears Bruce is the "disrespectful" one for launching a bizarre attack over something that has never actually been mentioned by Liverpool Football Club or it's manager.

Fairly well balanced article Jamie especially when you look at the facts as you say nothing has been said by either our club or manger, then you are right its is in fact Steve Bruce reading into media speculation and thus being disrespectful to Rafa whilst admitting there have been no formal approaches from us. Makes you wonder if he is seriously as thick as two short planks or if he has an agenda of his own.

Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #53: Feb 15, 2010 12:19:39 am
      Sorry about the long abscence, I have another llittle mini rant if anyones interested:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/345684-rafael-benitez-is-building-liverpool-football-club-not-destroying-it
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #54: Feb 15, 2010 12:28:07 am
      Damn good again Jaime, took some words i have used a lot as well in trying to make my point. Some fans do expect we win by divine right, and i really hope they read that article. Top work, again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Feb 15, 2010 05:28:11 am
      What Dave said. Says what i'm thinking!
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #56: Feb 17, 2010 02:46:26 am
      RobboHuyton Chats to The Liverpool Opinion About the New LFC Fanzine THE WELL RED MAG:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/346891-the-interview-robbohuyton-presents-the-well-red-lfc-fanzine
      Oh yes....another rant if your interested:

http://theliverpoolopinion.blogspot.com/2010/02/lfc-fans-speaking-on-behalf-of-deceased.html

Thanks again for the comments everyone.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #57: Feb 20, 2010 04:20:30 pm
      That is a really good read Jamie and an honest comment as always.
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2010 02:10:39 pm by stuey »
      enforcer
      • Banned

• 67 posts | -8 
      Reply #59: Mar 14, 2010 04:53:19 pm
      That's a really nice article, i'm guessing it took you over 9000 hours in MS word.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #61: Apr 29, 2010 04:09:24 pm
      ^ I may agree but obviously could never admit it. ;)

I think results on Saturday will have decided 4th place anyway.  Especially with City and Spurs still guaranteed some points from their clash against each other.

I've often wondered whether our involvement in the Champions League has affected Premier League focus - who knows what would have happened last year for instance.

With our injury crisis, the fact we are playing tonight, I think even guns blazing we will be given a game by Chelsea.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #62: Aug 27, 2010 11:30:38 am
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Aug 28, 2010 09:36:23 am
      Nice work again mate, enjoyed the Aqua one.

Quick Reply