Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30501 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #276: Jan 04, 2010 07:03:46 pm
      Its ok we'll never get him anyway were in competition with Stoke City were Royally fu**ed on this one. :D

Pulis has been quoted as saying on the news: "Apparently the Ruud van Nistelrooy deal is out of us and Liverpool so that says it all."
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #277: Jan 05, 2010 12:35:46 am
      over the hill and would cost too much in wages,also injury prone
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #278: Jan 15, 2010 10:20:52 am
      With another injury to Nando and the owners showing their intent by signing free transfers and loanee's maybe we ought to give this some more thought now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #279: Jan 15, 2010 10:49:22 am
      With another injury to Nando and the owners showing their intent by signing free transfers and loanee's maybe we ought to give this some more thought now.
      It looks as tho we haven't got the luxury of choice here Daz, or to be more precise the manager is in the situation he faces most of the time.
      He will no doubt be  condemned if the enforced decision is not 100% successful but such is the nature of his critics who are intent on his downfall.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #280: Jan 15, 2010 11:01:45 am
      It looks as tho we haven't got the luxury of choice here Daz, or to be more precise the manager is in the situation he faces most of the time.
      He will no doubt be  condemned if the enforced decision is not 100% successful but such is the nature of his critics who are intent on his downfall.

Never a truer word spoken mate, if this is the type of transfer we are being forced into cometh the end of this season or maybe the next people will conveniently forget the funds that were not made available to Rafa and if signings such as Rodriguez and possibly Van Nistelrooy or players of his ilk are a resounding failure, they will use such signings as just another stick to beat Rafa with.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #281: Jan 15, 2010 03:13:16 pm
      He's the kind of player we need now... and more importantly all we can afford
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #282: Jan 15, 2010 03:28:43 pm
      I believe Van Nistelrooy is the striker that may brings us out of this slide we are in now. I think he would do well in a Liverpool shirt. What does RM want? A loan or a transfer?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #283: Jan 15, 2010 03:53:35 pm
      Might be a short term solution.

Not sure if we should be looking for a long term solution though - or should we wait until the summer for that?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #284: Jan 15, 2010 03:55:58 pm
      Take him on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy if it works out well
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #285: Jan 15, 2010 03:59:04 pm
      Take him on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy if it works out well

Even if he doesn't want to stay at Liverpool he could see a loan option as the chance to perform well, impress, and move to somewhere where he can re-ignite his playing career.

I do think though - is there any point if he's going to be permanently injured? Then we'll be left with nothing against whilst paying out more wages.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #286: Jan 15, 2010 04:03:05 pm
      I do think though - is there any point if he's going to be permanently injured? Then we'll be left with nothing against whilst paying out more wages.

Pay as you play Loan Deal, then its a win win situation for us H&G, as if he's not playing were not paying.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #287: Jan 15, 2010 04:05:09 pm
      That would be ideal but I'm not sure Ruud would settle for that given how much he's probably on at Madrid.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #288: Jan 15, 2010 04:06:45 pm
      That would be ideal but I'm not sure Ruud would settle for that given how much he's probably on at Madrid.

Still he wants to go to the world cup, whats more important to him Money when he is already a millionaire or a chance to have one final swan song in a major competition before he retires, I'd place money on it being the latter.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #289: Jan 15, 2010 04:07:52 pm
      Fair do's. Well you'd hope!!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #290: Jan 15, 2010 04:11:34 pm
      Still he wants to go to the world cup, whats more important to him Money when he is already a millionaire or a chance to have one final swan song in a major competition before he retires, I'd place money on it being the latter.
      Yeah, but a pay as you play deal would ensure he'd play as less as possible, the opposite of what he wants.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #291: Jan 15, 2010 04:16:08 pm
      Yeah, but a pay as you play deal would ensure he'd play as less as possible, the opposite of what he wants.

No it would not, It would ensure if he was fit he would get game time, but if his luck with injuries continues and he spends most of his time injured and can not play he does not get paid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #292: Jan 15, 2010 04:19:50 pm
      It's grasping at straws but there's F**k all else to grab hold of in the way of established target men. Best deal if we can do it is pay as you play, if he's having it of course - if he's not F**k him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #293: Jan 15, 2010 04:31:10 pm
      No it would not, It would ensure if he was fit he would get game time, but if his luck with injuries continues and he spends most of his time injured and can not play he does not get paid.
      Ofcourse not, if he'd be signed on a normal deal instead of a pay as you play deal then he's likely to be played more, that's obvious. Especially with Liverpool's current financial situation. He'd be much more likely to be given minutes, even as a substitute, if it wouldn't cost a club any extra money. I think it would be naive to assume that Liverpool's current financial situation would not have any effect on this.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #294: Jan 15, 2010 04:50:48 pm
      Ofcourse not, if he'd be signed on a normal deal instead of a pay as you play deal then he's likely to be played more, that's obvious.

Erm hows it obvious  ?

What ever contract he is on If he is "Injured" he "Wont Play More", Hence why I suggested a pay as you play deal.

I think it would be naive to assume that Liverpool's current financial situation would not have any effect on this.

That is exactly why a pay you play deal would be much more beneficial for Liverpool F.C.

Are you naturally stupid or just trying really hard to lul me into a false sense of security ?
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 04:56:16 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #295: Jan 15, 2010 05:02:40 pm
      Erm hows it obvious  ?

What ever contract he is on If he is "Injured" he "Wont Play More", Hence why I suggested a pay as you play deal.

That is exactly why a pay you play deal would be much more beneficial for Liverpool F.C.

Are you naturally stupid or just trying really hard to impress me ?
      Did you really need to insult me? I don't think I deserved that, just because you disagree with me.

When you read back I said it's the opposite of what HE wants, not the opposite of what WE want. That's what you disagreed to. So yes ofcourse a pay as you play deal would be much more beneficial to Liverpool, but it wouldn't be more beneficial to RvN. Learn to read.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #296: Jan 15, 2010 05:12:34 pm

When you read back I said it's the opposite of what HE wants

No you said he'd play less and thats the opposite of what he wants.

To what I replied It does not matter what contract he is on regarding game time if he's fit he'll play if he's not fit he won't or words to that effect.

Just because if he was signed was on a pay as you play deal does not mean he won't get game time.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #297: Jan 15, 2010 05:21:37 pm
      No you said he'd play less and thats the opposite of what he wants.

To what I replied It does not matter what contract he is on regarding game time if he's fit he'll play if he's not fit he won't or words to that effect.

Just because if he was signed was on a pay as you play deal does not mean he won't get game time.

Well, I don't see why you have to call me stupid for disagreeing with that. But yes, I said that, and I still stick to that.

Liverpool is in a financial mess, apparently our wages and contract deals are included in our transfer budget these days. I very much doubt that doesn't cross anyone's mind at Liverpool. I very much doubt Rafa wouldn't be more inclined to keep him on the bench if he knows it would mean he'd loose more money to spend. I can imagine when Torres would be fit he'd choose not to pair them up. Or maybe even something small like, when we're much ahead  he'd choose not to give RvN minutes. Or, if we're doing fine without him, he'll never get any playing time.

And I didn't say he won't get game time, just less.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 05:27:30 pm by Dexter »
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #298: Jan 15, 2010 05:36:26 pm
      Calm down lads, you can debate about your opinions, but let's keep it positive between the fans.

Quick Reply