Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30531 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #253: Jan 03, 2010 12:50:27 am
      Rafa has said there's no chance Nistlerooy will be coming and there is more chance we will bring Heskey back , great news just what we need another big dope that's always injured

As opposed to an old Manc who's always injured.

Both of them a no go, for me.
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #254: Jan 03, 2010 02:06:33 am
      i hope neither signs and rafa see's sense and goes for pandev,i doubt either will though,rafa never signs old player's
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #255: Jan 03, 2010 11:37:37 am
      i hope neither signs and rafa see's sense and goes for pandev,i doubt either will though,rafa never signs old player's
      Fernando Morientes?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #256: Jan 03, 2010 11:40:21 am
      Mauricio Pellegrino? :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1539 
      Reply #257: Jan 03, 2010 11:45:34 am
      I just can't understand Rafa's so say interest in Heskey after selling Crouch. Both similar tactical players but crouchie comes with less injuries and a shed load more goals. R.V.N. Great finisher in his day,but well past his best and very injury prone now. Probably looking to squirm into another big club to spend most of his time collecting mega wages while on holiday recovering from his injuries. Don't want either at Anfield. We need to be a bit more ambitious I think.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Reply #258: Jan 03, 2010 11:45:43 am
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Reply #259: Jan 03, 2010 11:46:28 am
      I just can't understand Rafa's so say interest in Heskey after selling Crouch.

Crouch WANTED to leave for regular first team football to keep his England place.

Rafa DIDN'T WANT TO SELL HIM.
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #260: Jan 03, 2010 12:11:30 pm
      When he played for the Mancs I hated him with a passion and I think that when he left the Mancs his loyalty moved to his new club and of course it would get right up whisky macs nose, he's a proven goal scorer imagine if he clicks with Torres and the goals start raining in and he scores the winning goal in the 98th minute of Fergie time, wouldn't it be sweet, lets take him and give it a go.

He could do us good turn i think,the bloke could get into most teams going on his past records
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #261: Jan 03, 2010 04:31:41 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #262: Jan 03, 2010 04:39:46 pm
      He doesn't actually say he's not a target though.

He just says "We are not talking about players" - keeping things secretive by looks of it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #263: Jan 03, 2010 04:42:43 pm
      He could do us good turn i think,the bloke could get into most teams going on his past records

Stanley Matthews would get into most teams going on HIS past records, don't mean we should put a bid in.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #264: Jan 03, 2010 04:43:25 pm
      Cards close to his chest, the way its always done. Nothing will come out until something concrete is happening, so im gonna wait until that happens.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #265: Jan 03, 2010 05:22:16 pm
      January 2007:
      Radio City Liverpool - 'Rafa Benitez says he has no plans to sign Fernando Torres'.

July 2007:
      Worldwide - 'Liverpool sign Fernando Torres on a £20m fee for 6 years'.

;)
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #266: Jan 04, 2010 04:38:20 am
      rafa wont exactly say who is going to sign cos it will look bad when he doesnt get them and give false hope to us,but he never signs players of that age
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #267: Jan 04, 2010 06:23:27 am
      rafa wont exactly say who is going to sign cos it will look bad when he doesnt get them and give false hope to us,but he never signs players of that age

Morientes was just a tourist then was he?

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #268: Jan 04, 2010 07:28:56 am
      Here is Guillem's take on "Why the Long Face"

Benitez Not Interested in Ruud

I`ve been getting a lot of emails asking about Liverpool`s reported interest in Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I can tell you that Rafa Benitez is not interested in signing the Dutchman from Real Madrid because - while the former United striker`s quality has never been questioned - there are major doubts over his fitness.

With limited funds, the Liverpool coach would rather focus on  another kind of player and there is little point over the longer term in placing obstacles in the way of Ngog`s progress: particularly at a time when he is starting to  show glimpses of the player we all hoped he may become. Furthermore, Liverpool could not accommodate both Torres and Van Nistelrooy in the same starting eleven and the priority is to get the most out of the Spanish striker`s current from and keep him playing regularly.

In fact, Benitez is quite fed up with the stories linking Liverpool with Ruud and, despite the press speculation and despite the fact Ruud could leave Madrid for free as his contract finishes in the summer, it can be said that the target for January is quite different. If Dossena (At Madrid want him, plus teams in Italy and Germany), Voronin or Degen can be sold, then Liverpool will have greater room for manoeuvre in their pursuit of another target.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #269: Jan 04, 2010 09:36:43 am
      Its ok we'll never get him anyway were in competition with Stoke City were Royally fu**ed on this one. :D
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #270: Jan 04, 2010 09:51:42 am
      I seen somewhere, might have even been in this thread actually, that RVN is on 140,000 a week and real want us to pay 50% of his wages and thats the reason why we won't go for him - which to be honest, i dont blame Rafa.
      Say if we paid 50% of his wages, so thats 70,000 a week...why waste all that money for a player who we don't no for certain is fit, don't no if he can still cut it in the prem and who won't start ahead of nando anyway.

If the figures are correct and real want us to pay 50%, by the time his loan deal is up, we would have forked out 1.5 mill on his wages. Personally, id rather gamble on keeping Ngog fit and putting that 1.5mill towards a signing in the summer.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,625 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #271: Jan 04, 2010 09:54:02 am
      If the main priority is to cut the wage bill it could be a poor transfer window.
      Both RVN and Maxi would be outside that brief.. unfortunately
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #272: Jan 04, 2010 11:20:47 am
      Its ok we'll never get him anyway were in competition with Stoke City were Royally fu**ed on this one. :D

That rumour came from the sh*t rag didn't it?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #273: Jan 04, 2010 11:53:50 am
      That rumour came from the sh*t rag didn't it?

Dunno mate just noticed it on BBC gossip collumn, didn't pay it too much attention to be honest.
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #274: Jan 04, 2010 11:59:28 am
      Morientes was just a tourist then was he?

morentes was younger than 33 when we signed him,he is infact the same age as rvn
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #275: Jan 04, 2010 03:30:36 pm

Quick Reply