Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30588 times
      beggy07
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -1 
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #92: Nov 26, 2009 05:08:31 pm
      I'll happily take him he's better than Voronin and n'gog fact!!! 
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #93: Nov 26, 2009 05:14:46 pm
      I'll happily take him he's better than Voronin and n'gog fact!!! 

So is my 9 yr old daughter....
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #94: Nov 26, 2009 06:30:14 pm
      Van this Van that I'm Van Gogh.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #95: Nov 26, 2009 08:25:50 pm
      It's gathering pace this story.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #96: Nov 26, 2009 08:36:04 pm
      there is option to make the deal permanent for 2 million euros (£1.8 Million)

That alone makes it probably the most likely rumour on this entire board. ::)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #97: Nov 26, 2009 08:43:11 pm

According to Marca, there is option to make the deal permanent for 2 million euros (£1.8 Million). So if he doesnt do well, then we get rid, if he does and stays fit he is a bargain, I cant see us losing out, he is quite strong in the air, on the ground and is great at doing what he needs to - scoring goals.

Out of our price range then ::)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #98: Nov 26, 2009 08:44:16 pm

According to that story Andriy Voronin is a Russian international. F***ing idiots.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #99: Nov 26, 2009 08:52:50 pm

No, getting Rushie confused with Lineker.

Rush was brilliant at putting defenders under pressure and winnng the ball, as well as scoring a shitload of goals.

According to Marca, there is option to make the deal permanent for 2 million euros (£1.8 Million).

I could imagine £2 million being our transfer budget for January. Can understand people being against the deal cos he's an ex-manc, but as I said in a previous post I'd rather see RVN as back up to Torres than the undivine pony tail.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #100: Nov 26, 2009 09:22:53 pm
      Horse faced pri*k is 33, get Nemeth back from AEK. Take a chance on the kid instead of the soiled goods.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #101: Nov 26, 2009 10:26:35 pm

I could imagine £2 million being our transfer budget for January. Can understand people being against the deal cos he's an ex-manc, but as I said in a previous post I'd rather see RVN as back up to Torres than the undivine pony tail.

Thats right, he's experienced and could lead the line. Thats what we need. Just look at what Sheringham did at Utd he was back up when needed, chipped in with goals and provided a target.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #102: Nov 27, 2009 07:52:33 pm
      Then I'm Van Wilder
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #103: Nov 28, 2009 02:58:59 pm
      Sheringham is the perfect example-short term contract cos of the age factor which again meant that he wasn't able to tear arse all over the place,just linger around the box and put a few away which he did in fine style. When he was no longer required it's thank you very much and off you pop.
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #104: Nov 29, 2009 05:15:15 am
      i would pay $2 million pounds for ruud anything else might be a little to much.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #105: Dec 02, 2009 05:20:00 pm
      According to Guillem Balague, he's not what we are after.
      I've heard rumours that Liverpool were after him as well but when I spoke with the club I was told van Nistelrooy wasn't the type of signing that they were after. The impression I got from them is that he will stop them progressing.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12087_5740827,00.html
      El-Gamble
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #106: Dec 03, 2009 01:36:23 pm
      When i first read about this, I was rubbing my hands! He would be a quality addition to the team, his goal scoring record is superb. He is one of them players who you can give the ball to in the box and there's a good chance it'll go in.
      Give it a go i say, can't get much more than the current striker situation if you ask me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #107: Dec 03, 2009 07:35:32 pm
      When i first read about this, I was rubbing my hands! He would be a quality addition to the team, his goal scoring record is superb. He is one of them players who you can give the ball to in the box and there's a good chance it'll go in.
      Give it a go i say, can't get much more than the current striker situation if you ask me.
      We'd get him for buttons and if he could do a job for a season we'd be well in, we're lookig for a stop gap till we get a more permanent replacemet.
         Welcome to the forum mate.
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #108: Dec 03, 2009 08:55:39 pm
      When he played for the Mancs i hated him with a passion and i think that when he left the Mancs his loyalty moved to his new club and of course it would get right up whisky macs nose, he's a proven goal scorer imagine if he clicks with Torres and the goals start raining in and he scores the winning goal in the 98th minute of Fergie time, wouldn't it be sweet, lets take him and give it a go.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #109: Dec 03, 2009 09:25:01 pm
      When he played for the Mancs i hated him with a passion and i think that when he left the Mancs his loyalty moved to his new club and of course it would get right up whisky macs nose, he's a proven goal scorer imagine if he clicks with Torres and the goals start raining in and he scores the winning goal in the 98th minute of Fergie time, wouldn't it be sweet, lets take him and give it a go.
      Sweet dreams indeed mate and welcome to the forum.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #110: Dec 03, 2009 09:55:35 pm
      Lets sell our club to the scum and buy a new ground on Tw*t Busby Way. ( I know he was our captain.)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #111: Dec 04, 2009 02:56:56 am
      If we can sign a striker that is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership then im all for it. I couldnt give two shits that he played for united. He is a class act and could do us the world of good.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #112: Dec 04, 2009 03:12:29 am
      Experienced and for me has everything we need given our current striker situation.

No doubt Ngog looks like he's blossoming into a fine player but he's still got a long way to go before he reaches the top. Right now, he's only a raw gem and he isn't a good enough backup for Torres. I wouldn't want him to come on and try change games when we ain't winning, because he just isn't there yet. And don't get me started on Voronin.

Ruud is an experienced player, he's not playing at Real at all, we'll get him on the cheap. He's old now, but who cares. The only attribute I have always assiocated him with is instinct and finishing and nothing else. He gets in the right place at the right time to poke the ball in. It's that instinct which can change games for us.

Proven goalscorer at the highest level and he's still got perhaps 2 seasons left in him.

And also if we sign him it will be a one off and a right blow in Alex's face and also the fans of the mancs. They've been gloating over their signing of Owen and it's about time we got back against them.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #113: Dec 04, 2009 08:37:22 pm
      Ruud would be a brilliant pickup.  We need to have an experienced/quality striker who knows how to capitalize on a good through ball from Gerrard/Kuyt/Benayoun.  The way Torres keeps getting injured we need to have this experience up front.  

Don't get me wrong I think its great to have raw talent up front like N'Gog and getting Nemeth back, but picking up Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a smart near term decision anyway you look at it.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2009 08:45:27 pm by bgwdivemaster »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #114: Dec 05, 2009 08:56:36 pm
      Proven Premiership striker sounds good to me tbh.

Quick Reply