Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 34867 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #299: Dec 15, 2009 03:52:38 am
      I don't certainly intend to incur the wrath of the forum but, this may be a rebuilding time, which could be good and set in motion the next Liverpool dynasty.  Every franchise in every sport, in their lifetime goes through this.  Now, just may be our time. I don't see this being a year in year out every season thing, but a little shake-up can be good. If a season of bad play aides in a shake-up of ownership,players and staff and brings about a much stronger, smoother powerful squad, then I think I can endure a bad season or 2. The only flaw in my logic is losing money from the CL. But with rebuilding comes new sponsorship deals and revenues. Which very well may balance out the loss of money from the CL. This is Liverpool Football Club.  The greatest football club ever.  People who live in mud huts in Africa know LIverpool Football and with that their can certainly be revenue making to replace the CL money.

I will be miserable about not seeing an LFC march across Europe, but In 2012 we win the EPL and and/or a CL final maybe these lean times are worth it.  I knows its a total "What if"  possibility. But its getting to the point where its no longer knee jerk reactions after a loss, its reality and we have a team which is in disarray. We are not as good as we should be, we cant play 2nd half football, we are beginning to break down, and it may be worse. After what I have seen over the last 6-8 matches , we are actually pretty lucky to still be in position for a top 4 run.

We look awful, we dont play as one, we have infighting and its apparent that this season could be lost to us already. I don't need the "glass is half full" guys telling me I'm not a true blooded red because I think our team cant win the title.  I'm sorry.  What I see on that pitch, every match is NOT the Liverpool Football I have watched for 25+ years.  For those who will criticize my posting and think I'm not a true fan, I'm sorry. I'm logical and tend to see the evidence of a continual pattern of bad matches,poor play and no Improvement. I thnk a majority of the real supporters and fans who KNOW the game can see that something is seriously wrong with the teams mentality and style of play on the pitch and agree with me.

I think we were lulled into a sense of prosperity by new ownership and some good signings, some bad.  Man. U lost their best scorer and we were expecting # 19. Personally, I think we should of done whatever was needed to keep Xabi Alonso. I think he not only played well and was a great LFC player, but I think he really kept the team focused and he was someone that Gerrard knew could help shoulder some of the team building.  It could be as simple as (1) player.  Last year (1) player (Ronaldo) gave Man U that cup and one player can do that for us or bring us down.

If we are smart and work the Jan. Transfers we can begin to turn it around. For Liverpool to win the EPL this season would be the greatest comeback in Football history. But, thats what this team has been built on. A foundation of years and decades of winning and bringing pride and honor to this club. I am from the South East US and have so much pride and feeling for this club its amazing.  I want too win. I want #19.  I will also tell you here and now when that happens I will fly to Liverpool the day they hoist that trophy and celebrate in the streets. That is a promise.  Of course the airfare and hotel will put me in the poor house, so as long as someone buys the pints I'll show up. ;D... ;)
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #300: Dec 15, 2009 05:21:49 am
      That is because of bad management, bad team selection, and no fighting believe or spirit to win any match.

Rafa's side is full on much winners, the like of Lucas (master of square passes) Aurelio ( Can't pass beyond first man in wall, when he takes free kicks, and his crosses is always behind the goal), Kuyt (can't pass, can't cross, awful first touch, runs like headless chicken) yes he has scored a goal, but any striker in Sunday league could have scored that goal.,Riera (a 30 minutes wonder, he cannot last the full game), too many below average players wouldn't win the league or even secure forth spot, Rafa has lost the plot, and I cannot see him to reverse the situation, he ought to go, we need a British manager to steady the ship and go flat out to secure the forth spot, if is not really too late now!!!!!

And what effect does an unfortunate on goal early second half have on a team mate? Add on top the current vein of form we're in and its obvious we imploded when that goal went in. Nothing else.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #301: Dec 15, 2009 07:30:10 am
      Can't be arsed reading the whole 13 pages of post match...too many doom and gloom posts from posters I've never even of heard of before or ones who only come on here when we have a sh*t result.  >:(

All I can say is I'm still F***ing devastated by that 2nd half performance and I just can't wait for this year to finish. Hopefully 2010 is the start of our Football fortunes changing coz we sure has hell haven't had anything go right for us in the latter half of this year.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #302: Dec 15, 2009 08:03:16 am
      Can't be arsed reading the whole 13 pages of post match...too many doom and gloom posts from posters I've never even of heard of before or ones who only come on here when we have a sh*t result.  >:(

All I can say is I'm still f**king devastated by that 2nd half performance and I just can't wait for this year to finish. Hopefully 2010 is the start of our Football fortunes changing coz we sure has hell haven't had anything go right for us in the latter half of this year.
      You can hold your head up high,because at the end of the day all true REDS can hold their heads up high and you are definitely a true RED.Things might look bad at the moment but they looked a dam sight worse in Istanbul at half time.Back on topic we had a good first half against Arsenal and for some reason we fell apart in the second half,it was as though the whole team lost confidence.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #303: Dec 15, 2009 11:25:22 am
      Am I the only one thinks Benayoun was sh*te today?
      I mean I love his dribbling and all, but he did that a bit in excess today. He kept dribbling even when he was supposed to have passed/ could have passed.
      According to me, he should be playing the ball in earlier, rather than continuing on dribbling.

As usual he wants to dribble the ball into goal while he's no messy, too fanciful for my liking. Someone please get a twenty feet pole and wallop him to remind him not to do that again. He had a golden opportunity to shoot inside he box, who knows what might have happened, the ball could have bounced off someone's leg, shoulder, head, buttock or whatever and spin into goal. But he chose to continue dribbling to beat the last defender and goalkeeper. Rafa should impose a paycut for his stupidity, he never learn. he's simply not using his brain.
      We're paying them millions per week and the fans make the trip from all around the world to pretty much see this sh*te.

If I've had some control I'll deduct the players' wages temporarily. Earning their wages far too easily, 70 grand per week to play such f**king sh*te. Not deserved at all.

A clause needed to be included in the players' contract for deductuion of wages for lack of desire, motivation, discipline and fight.

Make them work for what they deserve.

Now I have 2 confess, I have been backing Lucas no matter what he does, I was hoping he'll get better to prove his doubters wrong but I don't that ll happen, I have been supporting him because I believe in liverpool as a family so I don't like any of the players getting sticks... But Lucas is not the player who should be starting games for liverpool, he's just not liverpool standart.. Benitez for god shake, the fans shake and teams it's now time to put lucas on the bench, if it means taking gerrard back to midfield, no doubt he's been consistant but not liverpool stand at all... He reading of the game is very poor because of that he can't dictate games, he frustrate people like torres, steven and even mash on the pitch... What does rafa see in this kid?I can't support him no more, he won't get better, I can't see any progress in his game... He is just his da same self since he came, he cost us some games... Rafa wake up and know lucas is not good enough for liverpool... Something has to change rafa

That kid will cause Rafa's job and knowing Rafa being a stubborn man he'll continue to play him and we'll continue to get these dissapointing results from now till the end of the season. By the time Rafa realises that it'll be too late. No disrespect to Lucas, he doesn't posses the speed and toughness required for the EPL, he's more suited to the Seria A.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #304: Dec 15, 2009 11:43:39 am
      Hmmmm, Rafa seems to be losing favour by some of his die hards on here, well I hate to say I told you so 6 weeks ago.... but the excuses are wearing thin, that for example was his strongest team minus one player today, and they mustered 1 shot on target in the whole 2nd half attacking the kop (not that that matters for much anymore, fans were propper sh*te!!!!!!!!)

Yeah excuses running thin, and I think Ian St John summed it up perfectly, when he almost broke down on SKY, and he is right, on Wednesday, if we fail to defeat Wigan, headlines will be made, on Bill Shankly night of all nights.

As for you f**king deluded cu*ts who try to shoot anyone down with a differing opinion, I've already had my say, grow the f**k up.

Rafa needs to know where are the weak links and start to make immediate changes. But knowing him well enough a stubborn man he'll put out the same team comes the next game. He's just hoping some players will come good but 1/2 way throught he season and more than enoguh time for them to come good. I'd say since the yanks doesn't wanna spend and we've no money give the youngsters a chance and they're hungry.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #305: Dec 15, 2009 11:46:37 am
      Rafa needs to know where are the weak links and start to make immediate changes. But knowing him well enough a stubborn man he'll put out the same team comes the next game. He's just hoping some players will come good but 1/2 way throught he season and more than enoguh time for them to come good. I'd say since the yanks doesn't wanna spend and we've no money give the youngsters a chance and they're hungry.

Made me laugh that, hope you weren't one of the people moaning about "rotation, rotation, rotation" a year or two back! ;)

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

As for the youngsters, there aren't that many who could make a big difference, though I think Pacheco should have been on the bench against Arsenal, and certainly hope he'll play a part against Wigan.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #306: Dec 15, 2009 12:29:23 pm
      Made me laugh that, hope you weren't one of the people moaning about "rotation, rotation, rotation" a year or two back! ;)

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

As for the youngsters, there aren't that many who could make a big difference, though I think Pacheco should have been on the bench against Arsenal, and certainly hope he'll play a part against Wigan.

Would we prefer to see the dead woods playing week in week out or giving the youngsters a chance? Otherwise, where is the next Stevi G or Jamie going to come from if we don't give them the chance and exposure now. And where's that Kelly guy is he still injured???  
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #307: Dec 15, 2009 04:34:16 pm
      There's really not much reason to come to the post match thread these days if the team has lost. Is there? A lot of doom & gloom among the Liverpool faithful. I don't know a lot of you anyway, so I'm not gonna get myself aggravated.

I think a lot more sense was apparent towards the end as people are being less reactionary. I think YANK makes a lot of sense, especially the first reply about leadership (or the lack thereof).

And, besides, how many times do you need to read that it was a match of two halves? They came flying out of the blocks, though, didn't they?! I was convinced it was going to be a high scoring game. Gerrard & Nando had a little linkup and I thought to myself "God, I've missed these two being together. Are they really on the same page already?!" Unfortunately, it wasn't the case. It felt good to see, though. Carra & Agger were dominating, as were Masch & Lucas. Confidence seemed really high. Even Kuyt was having good first touches.  :laugh:

What happened at the half? I think RK is right. They were lifeless and somewhat timid for good stretches of the second half. Maybe it's not what Rafa didn't do, but what Wenger is reported to have done. Fair play to him for rousing his team effectively. They were definitely underperforming in the first half. The OG was a silly mistake. I wasn't angry about it, though. Maybe I was still riding the high of the first half and expected them to bang in a bunch of goals. And, yes, it was Pepe who tried to pick the team back up. Everyone else seemed resigned to a poor result. All in all, the result was harsh and a draw was deserved.

I was completely thrown off by Rafa's substitutions, but I was happy to see he actually used them all for once, and not in the 90th minute. I liked the Degen<>Johnson substitution. Johnson was down after the OG and completely dejected after Arshavin's goal (and I don't care wht anyone says..I'd love him at Anfield). The other point I liked about that substitution was the message that if you're not playing well, you're out.

N'gog for Benny wasn't what I was expecting. As has been stated elsewhere, I would have liked to see Dossena come in. He's hungry and wants to be in the Italy squad next summer. I thought he looked good against Fiorentina and his efforts should've been rewarded with at least 20 minutes on the pitch.

Mascherano needed taking off so there's not much to say about that. Aquilani didn't add much to the game it has to be said.

This has been a disappointing campaign. Luck has not been on our side in the least. I have to believe it will turn around, though. I don't think it's Rafa's fault either. If anything I place more of the blame at the players' feet (though not all).

And, where was the 12th man on Sunday? Weak. Where is the 12th man on this forum? Thankfully some still fly the flag with their head held high. I'd say that includes the majority of regulars here. There's really not much point my saying any of this about the moaners anyway seeing as how they've scurried back into the sewers and dark recesses they inhabit waiting for our next mishap (not that I'm expecting one  ;)). Look I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't ask questions of Rafa's tactics & decisions. Nor am I saying that anyone who wears the red shirt is infallible. Hardly! Pages and pages of player critiques on this forum are testament to that. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't be coming here and spouting of that Rafa needs to go, blah, blah, w*nk...and not offering a reasonable argument. You'll get debate here from waaaaaay more savvy people than myself. That's the idea of a forum.

And, finally, I've changed my avatar to remind us that our role as supporters is to support.

YNWA

IRWT

Ho Ho Ho  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      sheehan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #308: Dec 15, 2009 08:54:19 pm
      worst liverpool team i ever seen and rafa made it this way. he let crouch bellemy, keane,rise,and alonso go.all much better players than some of the crap he brought in. should get rid of him now put kenny dalglish in for the rest of season.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #309: Dec 15, 2009 08:57:09 pm
      worst liverpool team i ever seen and rafa made it this way. he let crouch bellemy, keane,rise,and alonso go.all much better players than some of the crap he brought in. should get rid of him now put kenny dalglish in for the rest of season.

Oh shut up you turd.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #310: Dec 15, 2009 09:44:00 pm
      He also gave us a 5th European Title, 2006 FA Cup and kept us in the top 4 of the table every season.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #311: Dec 15, 2009 09:50:54 pm
      worst liverpool team I ever seen and rafa made it this way. he let crouch bellemy, keane,rise,and alonso go.all much better players than some of the crap he brought in. should get rid of him now put kenny dalglish in for the rest of season.

It's the same as last year give or take a couple - didn't see many complaining then ...this means supporting through 'thick and thin' xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #312: Dec 15, 2009 10:24:21 pm
      Yeah Baby.
      The M Plan is happening.
      No CL ...  No EPL ... No Money... Yanks Out.
      Second Coming.

Yea, we walk through the valley of the shadow of Lord Shankly
      We  fear no one: for thou art Benitez is also with us
      Thy song and thy scarf they comfort us

Thou preparest a PLAN before me in the presence of our enemies
      Thou anointest our heads with a bobble hats; our Carlsberg runneth over
      Surely greatness and glory shall follow us all the days of our life
      And we will dwell in the house of the Champions for ever.

You can have that  one on us Arse.
      That ll give you something to natter about to the end of the season.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #313: Dec 15, 2009 10:26:28 pm
      We outplayed Arsenal and how we never went in 3-0 up at half time still has me scratching my head. The second half was different, once we put through our net the confidence went, the one thing we must understand is that an awful lot of players out there on Sunday were returning or hadn't long returned from injuries, so when the og went in they found it hard to get the second wind and come back at the Arsenal. What it showed though, is that the team is getting it's form back and once everything is up to match fitness we will be the ones winning this type of game.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #314: Dec 15, 2009 10:36:26 pm
      Well said Brooklyn Red.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #315: Dec 15, 2009 11:43:49 pm
      Now I remember why I stayed out of this thread.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #316: Dec 15, 2009 11:45:33 pm
      Now I remember why I stayed out of this thread.

That's why I didn't show up until today either.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #317: Dec 15, 2009 11:45:52 pm
      worst liverpool team I ever seen and rafa made it this way. he let crouch bellemy, keane,rise,and alonso go.all much better players than some of the crap he brought in. should get rid of him now put kenny dalglish in for the rest of season.

People with low IQ's shouldnt be allowed on forums.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #318: Dec 15, 2009 11:46:48 pm
      Thank you sir.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #319: Dec 16, 2009 12:05:54 am

Kenny's wife, Marina, has recently dealt with having cancer, don't you think it's a bit unfair to ask him to suddenly become a miracle worker

Crouch wanted to go because his England place was under threat, Alonso put in a transfer request, which the manager and club accepted, by the way where did that £30 million go?

Keane from what I saw wasn't that good a player for us, missed plenty of sitters and gladly accepted Tottenham's offer to return to White Hart Lane, he could of said he wanted to stay, but never.

Riise's form dipped badly in his final season and for me is only on a par with Aurelio and let's face it Aurelio's hit better free-kicks than Riise, who lived off that Man U free-kick from about 8 or 9 years ago!

Bellamy was sold to help fund Torres.

All points answered!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #320: Dec 16, 2009 12:12:44 am
      People with low IQ's shouldnt be allowed on forums.

Ohh buggerty poo pap, perhaps I should cancel my registration. :D

Quick Reply