Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 34981 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #92: Dec 13, 2009 06:19:25 pm
      Lets put things into perspective ladies & gentleman.

That was as close to what can be considered Rafa's strongest starting XI.

In the XI we fielded and substitutions we had Johnson, Aurelio, Agger, Benayoun, Aquilani, Gerrard, Torres all recently returned from injury and are lacking in match fitness/form/consistency.

We were facing Arsenal not Stoke City and we battered them first half.

We ran out of steam in the second half and lacked the spark we had in the first whether that be down to form/fitness or consistency maybe a combination of all 3 ?

We won the first half and Arsenal assisted by an own goal pretty much won the second.

But the signs were there in the first half of how good we can play, stick by the lads get behind them and keep showing our support as I've said the signs were there in the first half, so we are not a million miles away, we just need to have that little bit more patience and I'm 100% sure everything will start to fall into place granted we can keep the players fit.

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #93: Dec 13, 2009 06:19:33 pm
      Steven Gerrard needs a good kick up the backside because he was terrible today.  Goes down far too easily looking for free kicks and gave away the ball a lot. Should have had a penalty though - ref was a c**t!

No width, barely any creativity (Arsenal had more corners, more attempts at goal) and barely any fight to get a result in that second half.

No idea what happened at half time because first half we were brilliant.  Just typical of our season really to take the lead and let our heads drop and IMO its the players faults and not Rafa.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #94: Dec 13, 2009 06:19:56 pm
      Almunia could of put his suit back on at half time and got his head down on the coach ,not one effort on goal in the second half after bossing the game first half, it was a pity half time came because we came back out on the back foot .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #95: Dec 13, 2009 06:20:18 pm
      The players don't believe in Rafa anymore and who can blame them.
      They don't have to believe in Rafa, they have got to believe in Liverpool FC, and fight for the club when they put on that SHIRT.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #96: Dec 13, 2009 06:20:36 pm
      Gerrard needs to sort himself out fast.

At the moment he seems to be able to talk the talk but fail to walk the walk.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #97: Dec 13, 2009 06:20:51 pm

In the XI we fielded and substitutions we had Johnson, Aurelio, Agger, Benayoun, Aquilani, Gerrard, Torres all recently returned from injury and are lacking in match fitness/form/consistency.

We ran out of steam in the second half and lacked the spark we had in the first whether that be down to form/fitness or consistency maybe a combination of all 3 ?

We won the first half and Arsenal assisted by an own goal pretty much won the second.

But the signs were there in the first half of how good we can play, stick by the lads get behind them and keep showing our support as I've said the signs were there in the first half, so we are not a million miles away, we just need to have that little bit more patience and I'm 100% sure everything will start to fall into place granted we can keep the players fit.

Spot on - well said!
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #98: Dec 13, 2009 06:21:21 pm
      Because he's not match fit...because he hasn't played any football despite being fit for the past two months...not even reserve games...mmm

Aquilani didn't do a lot when he came on did he?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #99: Dec 13, 2009 06:22:02 pm

Well said, mate.
      I think you can add lack of confidence to that list. After conceding the goal, we never really looked as good as we had done in the first half.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #100: Dec 13, 2009 06:22:09 pm
      Just been watching Ian St john on sky,poor guy is nearly in tears at whats going on,we just have to win wednesday.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #101: Dec 13, 2009 06:22:58 pm
      Jamie Redknapp needs to STFU the gobs***e.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #102: Dec 13, 2009 06:23:02 pm
      We're paying them millions per week and the fans make the trip from all around the world to pretty much see this sh*te.

If I've had some control I'll deduct the players' wages temporarily. Earning their wages far too easily, 70 grand per week to play such F***ing sh*te. Not deserved at all.

Make them work for what they deserve.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #103: Dec 13, 2009 06:23:21 pm
      Steven Gerrard needs a good kick up the backside because he was terrible today.  Goes down far too easily looking for free kicks and gave away the ball a lot. Should have had a penalty though - ref was a c**t!

No width, barely any creativity (Arsenal had more corners, more attempts at goal) and barely any fight to get a result in that second half.

No idea what happened at half time because first half we were brilliant.  Just typical of our season really to take the lead and let our heads drop and IMO its the players faults and not Rafa.

Gerrard is too concerned with looking for free kicks. You're right. It's laughable. Just get hold of the ball and drive on. None of this leaving your leg in as they tackle and going over looking for a foul. Just f***in do what you do best.

But then for most people it's all Lucas's fault again I bet.

Scream for Aquilani all you want, but what's he gonna do when he's watching long balls sailing over his head for twenty minutes.

f***in not good enough. I'm not happy.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #104: Dec 13, 2009 06:23:39 pm
      What I doubt more at the minute more than the player's abilities is their mental state going into matches after results like that.

It certainly messes with my head as a supporter so God knows what it's like for them.

If they're any kind of Liverpool player though it's results like that that should spur them on to do better in the next match.

Starting against Wigan. Those are needed 3 points. Now let's F***ing hammer them.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #105: Dec 13, 2009 06:24:18 pm
      C'mon don't start 'Rafa bashing' here. Did Rafa concede those goals or miss those half chances?  :f_steam:
      Its the players who haven't performed. Rafa seemed to have got his tactics spot on in the first half.

the buck always stops with the manager. Where was the fight? passion?
      He's lost the dressing room.

Rfa bashing!! yeah right.
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Did you know ?
      Reply #106: Dec 13, 2009 06:24:35 pm
      No matter what.... Liverpool for life.. We will live to win another day... This really messed my day...
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #107: Dec 13, 2009 06:26:08 pm
      Masch, Kuyt and Gerrard were our best players i thought. Benayoun was terrible. Quiet for most of the game, and when he did get the ball he just ran into players. The game should've been put to bed in the first half. Torres missed a sitter by his standards, and gerrard should've had a pen. Arshavin had 1 chance and scored. Dunno what happened second half. Everybody just looked completely out of it. Its weird what a 15 min break can do to you. Very dissappointed
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #108: Dec 13, 2009 06:26:17 pm
      When the match finished I thought, I'm too depressed to go footy tonight.

Bollocks to that.

I'm gonna go and throw all my F***ing passion in there. And yes I'm going to wear my Liverpool shirt with F***ing pride.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #109: Dec 13, 2009 06:26:43 pm
      Masch, Kuyt and Gerrard were our best players I thought. Benayoun was terrible. Quiet for most of the game, and when he did get the ball he just ran into players. The game should've been put to bed in the first half. Torres missed a sitter by his standards, and gerrard should've had a pen. Arshavin had 1 chance and scored. Dunno what happened second half. Everybody just looked completely out of it. Its weird what a 15 min break can do to you. Very dissappointed

Kuyt and Gerrard? You having a f***in laugh?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #110: Dec 13, 2009 06:26:50 pm

A real man? suck your mum you dick head. You aint got a clue about me to say im not a real man because I talk reality instead of all that "we can still win the title" bull sh*t you lot was spouting off a month ago. Bunch of dick heads. I've taken too much abuse from you cu*ts. Just block me and get it over with because I didn't agree with you cu*ts on Rafa being the best manager in the world because he wins 3 out of 15 games. Stop living in 2005. It I 2009 and we're f**king sh*t. Dont blame everything on the owners because they didn't buy or sign dossena,ngog,voronin,degen,babel,riera etc

Well that is indeed a brilliant post mate.

What the F**k is reality for you? Is the season over and are we 5th place? Afaik nope. I never said we could still win the title, that is being realistic for me. But saying we won't get fourth place is absolute nonsense.

And i never said a thing about Rafa either. I do think that maybe he's doing some things wrong but after all i think most of the time's the team is to blame. Or are you gonna say Johnson's OG was Rafa's fault????

Never said a thing about the owners either.

Earlier you said this was a place for fans to come and comment, so please F**k off. We might be playing real bad but i'd never say we're sh*t. A fan's duty is to support the team, which you crearly don't.

(Sorry for going off topic)

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #111: Dec 13, 2009 06:27:00 pm
      I'm in such a bad mood, how can a team go from being so dominant to being made to look like a bunch of Amateurs within a 15 minute stop gap.

I honestly think Stevie needs to be put back into midfield and play the way he used to and the position in which he earned the right of top 3 midfielders in world.

We looked like a team who expected to lose 2nd half and we did.

Serious shake up at the club needed and I don't know where to start that from.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #112: Dec 13, 2009 06:27:11 pm
      Jaysus Redknapp talking sense he is asking where the Keane money went and why Rafa wasn't allowed spend all the Xabi money.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #113: Dec 13, 2009 06:27:55 pm
      No matter what.... Liverpool for life.. We will live to win another day... This really messed my day...
      messed a couple of days for me, but a chance mid-week to change that.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #114: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:05 pm
      wigan will not be easy on wednesday but F**k we need to win..
      Gerard just looks out of confidence..
      some day we will get a break.. the funny thing is i thought we were clas in the first half.. we probably have 5 games now in the next 3 weeks.. take home 15 points our position will be a whole lot rosier. other teams will drop points thats a fact

Quick Reply