Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Arda Turan (Galatasaray)

Read 112855 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Arda Turan (Galatasaray)
      Dec 29, 2009 01:30:58 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will hope to snap up Galatasaray winger Arda Turan after the Turkey midfielder revealed he wants to move to Anfield.

The 22-year-old is reported to be a target of Arsenal but is only interested in one Premier League team.

He said: "When I've finished my business at Galatasaray, I will be happy to move on.

"I most want to play at Liverpool because of the culture of the club and the fans."

Turan has scored 55 league goals in 88 appearances for Galatasaray and has five in 34 starts for Turkey.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the views or position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-track-turan

Haven't seen him play so dont know much about him but his record both at club level and international level seems to be good enough.Maturity should also not be a problem as he is already the captain of Galatasaray at 22 and to top it all he wants to play for us.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 06:03:11 pm by JD »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Arda Turan(Galatasaray)
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2009 01:33:49 pm
      I can't believe they put that on the official site a thread with the same quotes was locked earlier because the quotes are from the s*n. :o

.TV is a joke.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2009 01:38:16 pm
      I can't believe they put that on the official site a thread with the same quotes was locked earlier because the quotes are from the s*n. :o

.TV is a joke.

They weren't actually from the sun, well the ones regarding my thread.....

However after further looking into it, they were from The News Of The World, hence why I never made a fuss about it.

He'd be a cracking addition though if this rings true I can remember him giving I believe it was Finnan a Torrid time when we faced Galatassary.

I'd be very happy if we signed him.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2009 01:41:21 pm
      Aside from the fact that those shits are involved in reporting it, the player himself seems statistically a good buy. An actual winger with 55 goals in 88 appearances?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2009 02:03:45 pm
      It is on the Daily Mail and IMScouting as well, I was impressed with him when I saw him in the Euros he was one of Turkeys best players, and lets be honest we badly need a wide player.

He is young wants to come to us is pacy and can play on either side I think he is definitely worth a gamble.
      gman08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2009 03:11:49 pm
      YES PLEASE
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2009 03:19:50 pm
      Not sure about the source, but I love Turan, I really do.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2009 03:26:21 pm
      Just watched some footage of the guy on youtube. He looks like a really skilled NATURAL wide player. His technique seems spot on and he has an accurate shot in him too. Seems like just the player we need. No offence to Kuyt as he's been cracking for us before this season but a bit of competition in the wide areas is what we need. Also, 55 goals in 88 appearances smells of Ronaldo-esque stuff. Snap him up cheap Rafa. Then get cracking on a new striker and perhaps some competition in the middle of the park.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2009 03:57:13 pm
      Never seen him play but have heard he is a promising prospect.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2009 04:05:30 pm
      Heard very good things of him and the few times I've been able to watch him I've been impressed. 9 million is also a fantastic price for a top class 22 year old winger. Just the kind of player we need to replace Kuyt as well, hopefully it's not all bollocks from the shitrag and there's actually a semblance of truth behind it for once.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #10: Dec 29, 2009 04:56:01 pm
      If the yanks can get their fingers out and fund the deal then I'm all for it.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Dec 29, 2009 05:01:11 pm
      I wonder how much we're looking at here in terms of transfer costs.
      dertli
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 29, 2009 07:07:06 pm
      Hey
      I am fan of Galatasray and I can say that Arda want to go Premier League, and he is the best Turkish Player now. He is naturally skilled, and very very good winger. But he can not play well for 90 minutes. In some portion of games, he makes assists, goals and then just play like a team player. But he is really skilled and has very high techniquel capacity.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2009 02:05:53 am
      This dude is pretty darn good, but would probably cost around 15m (anything less would be a bargain). 

I do love that fact that besides the environment and fans at Anfield Arda is attracted to the red thread Liverpool wears.  That part of the "story" was cut out of the website article...imagine that.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2009 02:16:04 am
      He is only 22 years old and ARSEnal is interested in him. I hope we seal the deal before them.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2009 04:49:25 am
      i doubt that he will cost under 15 mil, but he is quite a tricky little player. no doubt.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2009 03:26:45 pm
      my god do we need a player like him.don't see us being able to raise the money for him though.
      tdogSC
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2009 03:43:12 pm
      Fantastic player, hard worker with undoubted talent.

I wouldnt look at him as a "replacement" for Dirk though, as said previously
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #18: Dec 31, 2009 11:21:04 pm
      Seen him play. Excellent player. Huge technical ability.
      I wonder how much we're looking at here in terms of transfer costs.

15-16 million Euros.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #19: Jan 04, 2010 04:38:51 am
      I've heard 10million pounds for him. What side has he been playing for Galatasaray? I'm guessing right if Kewell is playing for them
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #20: Jan 04, 2010 04:41:12 am
      he can play either wing,offer babel in exchange and get him
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #21: Jan 04, 2010 12:03:37 pm
      He is a class act and have watched him on many an occasion. He has silky skills and have seen him play very well for Galatasaray and had a great Euro Championship for Turkey, where he was very influential on the wing.

He is a big admirer of us and would forge a great bond with the supporters I think.

He backs himself and holds possession very well. I would be gutted if he joins the Gunners as he would fit like a glove into their system. I believe he would light up the Emirates stadium.

I really hope we land him but the price tag would probably scare us off. Sell to buy him now!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Jan 04, 2010 04:41:42 pm
      Get him already!

Quick Reply