Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Shake it up Rafa

Read 9138 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Shake it up Rafa
      Jan 02, 2010 07:45:03 pm
      So another p**s poor display against a side we should be battering. How long does continue for? Weve had half a season of it already. The time is now for Rafa to shake the team up, and himself wjile hes at it!

Example of why we need a shake up is Gerrard. What a player we all know that. But his form is crap, has been since we went out of the champions league. But hes a shoe in in Rafas 11. He scored today fair enough but overall was s**te. Drop him drop Kuyt drop Insua and I mean out of the squad for a few games. Let them realise they dont own a place in the team.

DROP STEVIE! Yes drop him why not were playing muck with him wont be any worse without him. Reading were hungrier today and thats very wrong. Our lads owe us themselves and the club a good run of games but they dont seem intented on giving them. The FA cup is an outlet for them to payback for the crap season to date. But no we see an equal game against a struggling championship side. We hoof the ball around the place and its not good enough for Liverpool

Rafa sort this out and sort it now
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Shake it up Rafa
      Reply #1: Jan 02, 2010 07:46:58 pm
      Agree about dropping Stevie I'd even drop him ahead of Kuyt because atleast his sh*t form hasn't been through lack of trying.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #2: Jan 02, 2010 07:49:48 pm
      Entirely agree.

If there is some dressing room disharmony at the root of our poor performances then things need to be shaken up.  Watching Gerrard waltz around that pitch doing F**k all today was a joke.  I agree that Benitez needs to adopt a different strategy and get a lot more ruthless on some of the 'names' at the club.

Players seem to be getting on to the teamsheet based on their past performances.

Gerrard, Insua, Kuyt do not deserve to be shoe ins at all in that team.  I've heard that some off the field things may be affecting Gerrard - if that's the case then he either grows up and gets on with it, or he can sit out a few games.

If I was the manager and some of my bigger players were threatening my job by underperforming then I would be offering the chance for others to turn things around.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2010 07:50:02 pm
      SG has scored key goals in two of our last 3 games. If we dropped him, even when not playing that well, we'd be truely fu**ed.
      Who's going to score goals for us - Lucas ? Just an assist from him would be appreciated.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #4: Jan 02, 2010 07:50:55 pm
      SG has scored key goals in two of our last 3 games. If we dropped him, even when not playing that well, we'd be truely fu**ed.

If he wasn't wasting one of our shirts we might not have needed 'key' goals.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Jan 02, 2010 07:52:11 pm
      If he wasn't wasting one of our shirts we might not have needed 'key' goals.

?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Jan 02, 2010 07:59:52 pm

I've heard that some off the field things may be affecting Gerrard -

Im sorry to hear that I truly am. But if thats the case then its even more imperative to leave him out. I love Stevie but Liverpool is what comes first
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 02, 2010 08:05:51 pm
      blow me two shots on goal in the second half against a championship side. drop players who arent performing how long will torres stay in this enviroment he could have scored 20 goals playing for chelsea. stevie is past his best now never going to be the stevie of old
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Jan 02, 2010 08:07:30 pm
      And start putting some more time and faith into the lads like Pacheco, Spearing etc. They have shown at times they can play damn good, and especially Pacheco, are deserving of a bit more than cameos. Pacheco could really be a game turner i feel.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2010 08:08:56 pm
      Help..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2010 08:10:00 pm
      So another p**s poor display against a side we should be battering. How long does continue for? Weve had half a season of it already. The time is now for Rafa to shake the team up, and himself wjile hes at it!

Example of why we need a shake up is Gerrard. What a player we all know that. But his form is crap, has been since we went out of the champions league. But hes a shoe in in Rafas 11. He scored today fair enough but overall was s**te. Drop him drop Kuyt drop Insua and I mean out of the squad for a few games. Let them realise they dont own a place in the team.

DROP STEVIE! Yes drop him why not were playing muck with him wont be any worse without him. Reading were hungrier today and thats very wrong. Our lads owe us themselves and the club a good run of games but they dont seem intented on giving them. The FA cup is an outlet for them to payback for the crap season to date. But no we see an equal game against a struggling championship side. We hoof the ball around the place and its not good enough for Liverpool

Rafa sort this out and sort it now
      Yes Gerrards form is  not good but the are 3 or 4 players a lot worse than Stevie and even when he plays poorly 1 pass will lead to a goal or he will pop up and get one himself.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2010 08:10:24 pm
      Was actually going to make a topic like this myself, couldn't agree more
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2010 08:11:38 pm
      Too right Brian that was an utterly dissapointing affair even by our own sh*t standards this term ,had to trudge home in the snow truly pissed off by what i see as players not dying for the shirt and that shouldn,t be allowed to happen in any circumstances .
      Dont know whats up but it is glaringly obvious that something is.
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2010 08:19:40 pm
      Silly comments about Gerrard being past his best. Will you be saying that when his form changes? I doubt it.

But to drop anyone who is out of form should definitely be considered. It might wake people up.

Mainly I would get Aurelio in at left back as he is more solid than Insua, more aware and can actually pass to a red shirt. Kuyt could e dropped if we actually had a right winger...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2010 08:24:27 pm
      Gerrard has nothing to play for this season now, it's as simple as that. He will take no pride in winning the FA Cup or the Europa League because he's been there, done that and probably thinks himself too good for those competitions. He wants the Premiership and Champions League, and to be honest always has. So now his best chance of glory this year is the World Cup with England, he's not gonna risk losing that chance by putting himself into the 50/50 challenges he used to or the gut bursting runs he's capable of. Just look at the difference in his celebrations between tonight's goal and the one he scored the other week against Wolves. 

Some of the other players simply rely too heavily on Gerrard. When he's there, they expect him to produce the magic he's done so often in the past. They don't take the responsibility, instead they pass it on to Gerrard who is walking round with a face like a slapped arse.

The rest of the players just aren't good enough. And unfortunately that's been the case of this club for far too long. Quite a fair of bit the squad not actually being good enough.

So a shake up is needed. "Star" names do need dropping because it's all about current form, not what they've done in the past. It's about what they're doing in the present.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2010 08:42:47 pm
      Him and Kuyt shouldn't have played today imo, Pacheco and Eccleston would have been better as they'd want to impress and fight for a possible place.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2010 08:52:02 pm
      Him and Kuyt shouldn't have played today imo, Pacheco and Eccleston would have been better as they'd want to impress and fight for a possible place.
      But if Raffa had have played Eccleston and Pacheco and we drew the it would have been we should have played Gerrard and Kuyt
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2010 08:53:21 pm
      Don't know whether our reserves would have been up to the rigours of that match - even though they are good it may have been too much.  But I agree Stevie does need a kick up the jacksie!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: Jan 02, 2010 08:57:26 pm
      But if Raffa had have played Eccleston and Pacheco and we drew the it would have been we should have played Gerrard and Kuyt
      Would we have drawn though? We shall never know...
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2010 09:11:39 pm
      I think Kuyt will be dropped if Maxi does come on loan but i think Stevie just needs to switch to LM cause dropping him would destroy morale and would put Rafa's head on the chopping block if it fails.. It is very easy for us to sit here and type these great ideas but it doesn't fall back on us when it fails and not many of you are looking at it in that way. As for Insua he just needs to learn and isn't ready yet....
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Jan 02, 2010 09:14:24 pm
      The more I watch us this season the more I begin to think...

are we turning into a simply counter-attack team? We never seem to dominate games anymore, we seem to let the opposition have possession.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #21: Jan 02, 2010 09:15:02 pm
      Aurelio needs to be at LB, he's much better than Insua, and he's shown that every match.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2010 09:26:41 pm
      Keep Pepe and drop the lot of them. They have all been getting away with sh*t displays for too long.........where's me boots!

Quick Reply