Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Robinho to Man City

Read 5260 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Robinho to Man City
      Reply #23: Sep 04, 2008 09:58:07 pm
      Found this on the BBC Website today:

However, it appeared the 24-year-old's deadline day move had still to sink in when he said: "On the last day, Chelsea made a great proposal and I accepted."

To this a reporter replied: "You mean Manchester, right?". "Yeah, Manchester, sorry!" answered Robinho.

Great start to your City career Robinho, not only does it show where your head is at but it also shows you have settled for 2nd best. Just dont go in the wrong changing rooms when you play Chelsea :lmao:

Would'nt you love to have a player like that on your books for about £165k a week  ::)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Sep 04, 2008 10:52:23 pm
      The fans are going to love him aren't they  :f_tongueincheek:

Erm.....who is it I've signed for again  :-\
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Sep 04, 2008 11:30:47 pm
      I think that robinho got the contract faxed to him, he picked it up, thinking it was from big phil, signs it no problemo, then just goes.... ooo sh*t!
      Found this on the BBC Website today:

However, it appeared the 24-year-old's deadline day move had still to sink in when he said: "On the last day, Chelsea made a great proposal and I accepted."

To this a reporter replied: "You mean Manchester, right?". "Yeah, Manchester, sorry!" answered Robinho.

Hehe i was right :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #26: Sep 05, 2008 03:25:53 am
      :lmao:

Does he even have a clue who he's going to be playing for or where? He'll probably wind up living in a flat in London taking the train up on matchdays!  :D

He knows what he's playing for sure, but for who well that interview has made it as clear to possible to all of us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Sep 05, 2008 04:42:30 am
      You can just imagine him on the pitch next weekend going 'Pass it to me Frank, i'm open!'
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #28: Sep 05, 2008 04:47:13 am
      So you're saying an own goal is on the agenda, I'll have to agree.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Sep 05, 2008 09:51:34 am
      So you're saying an own goal is on the agenda, I'll have to agree.

Great way to start his Chelsea career.

Oh crap i mean City career ::)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #30: Sep 05, 2008 04:13:36 pm
      Great way to start his Chelsea career.

Oh crap I mean City career ::)

Shall we just call it his lucrative career!  As I am getting a bit dizzy with this whole saga, can you imangine him playing a champs league final against Chelsea at the Bernabeau!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Sep 05, 2008 04:39:10 pm
      Shall we just call it his lucrative career!  As I am getting a bit dizzy with this whole saga, can you imangine him playing a champs league final against Chelsea at the Bernabeau!

Rest assured it wont happen. Why? Becuase that means Scum City have made a European final.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jan 24, 2010 04:54:46 pm
      Robinho set for City exit
      Cup tie at Scunthorpe likely to be Brazilian's last game for club

Robinho has confirmed he is set to leave Manchester City and his appearance against Scunthorpe United is likely be his last for the club.

The Brazilian attacker has struggled to perform on a consistent basis for City since joining the club from Real Madrid for a British transfer record fee in September 2008.

He now looks to be on his way out of the City of Manchester Stadium after telling a Brazilian radio station that he has been advised by the club that he is likely to be sold.

The appointment of Roberto Mancini as City boss has not helped to improve Robinho's prospects at the club after he missed three months earlier in the season with an ankle injury.

He struggled to win his place back under Mark Hughes and the arrival of Mancini had been tipped to give Robinho a new lease of life at the club.

Though he started Mancini's first game against Stoke City on Boxing Day, he has been largely restricted to a substitute's role.

And, in last week's 2-0 Premier League defeat at Everton, Robinho was introduced as an early replacement for the injured Roque Santa Cruz before being hauled off just after the hour mark.
      Not interesting

Robinho, who turns 26 on Monday, admits that Mancini is unable to guarantee him a regular role in his plans and that is one reason for his imminent departure.

"The coach was very sincere with me and said that I would play every other match," Robinho told Radio Bandeirantes.

"I told him that would not be interesting to me, it's a World Cup year."

The forward has been named in City's starting line-up for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at Scunthorpe and it appears it will be the final time he will pull on a blue shirt.

Prior to his outing at Glanford Park, Robinho had scored 15 goals in 52 appearances for the club and has regularly been linked with a return to Spain, with European champions Barcelona rumoured to be interested.

Robinho may now rejoin former club Santos on loan, adding: "The financial situation is important, but being happy also counts.

"The directors all agree that it's better to send me out on loan.

"It would be exceptional to return to Santos. Playing for Santos would help me in my path to the World Cup. It is my home, I know everyone."

Robinho also revealed that his friend and compatriot Diego had told him to join him at Juventus, but that he had responded: "Di, I would do better to go fishing. No, I'm going to Brazil."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5882592,00.html

I'm laughing not only for the news but also the line in bold ("Di, I would do better to go fishing"). Robinho said to Diego he'd do better going to Santos, his former club in Brazil, which is nicknamed "Peixe" ("Fish"). Skysports translated it as "to go fishing" :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33: Jan 24, 2010 04:55:42 pm
      Bigger waste of money than Shevchenko.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Jan 24, 2010 04:59:28 pm
      Ahahaha that's appaling Diego!!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #35: Jan 24, 2010 05:04:33 pm
      I actually think he's a good player.

Attitude wise he's sh*t though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: Jan 24, 2010 05:05:32 pm
      He'd be good if went back to La Liga or a foreign league.

He's just not the right type of player to be here though.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 24, 2010 08:24:24 pm
      He is not sh*t

I think Hughes's reign didnt help him, it was clear Hughes didnt like him therefore couldnt settle in team and with the team.. New manager has come in but still have the same squad... Attitude problems could be but City move was always a wrong move for him.. He will come good... watch him the world cup.. he will be class.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Jan 24, 2010 08:42:05 pm
      Hes like Babel. Quality when he has head on right, but thats rarely the case.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #39: Jan 24, 2010 08:51:02 pm
      Moody sh*t
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Jan 25, 2010 03:59:26 am
      Hahahaha! Stupid SkySports again losing something in translation. Cheers for the laugh, Diego :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #41: Jan 25, 2010 05:05:46 am
      £30 million they paid, didn't they? And something daft like £150,000 per week salary.

Puts our failed signings like Dossena in perspective. Be interested to see how much they get back for him, not that money matters for them, of course.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Jan 25, 2010 05:09:13 pm

Anyone else think it's hilarious that he faield to impress at City? Hahaha.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #43: Jan 25, 2010 07:31:41 pm
      Comes to something though when Benjani and Bellamy are a bigger threat than him who has played for Madrid and is supposed to be a top quality player :laugh:.

Quick Reply