Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28543 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #138: Jan 26, 2010 10:23:47 pm
      We are meant to beat Wolves with positive football not F***ing launching the ball every time sixty yards up the pitch. The football we played tonight was a disgrace for a Liverpool side. We seemed like we had one tactic long ball.

And there is no point us blaming anyone but the team and Rafa tonight he had a £20 million pound creative midfielder on the bench and what did he do leave him there never mind starting him. I suppose what is the point playing when every time one of our defenders get it they launch it over our midfield.

I know Rafa gets a lot of very bad media but he played into there hands tonight with his negativity. Had we a shot on target all match
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #139: Jan 26, 2010 10:24:04 pm

We would be battling for 10th if not for him.
      Hans
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | -1 
      Reply #140: Jan 26, 2010 10:24:06 pm
      90 minutes played,3 attempts on target..........3???
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #141: Jan 26, 2010 10:25:25 pm
      load off sh*t iv had enough off these I give up on them sell TORRES AND GERRARD they deserve better 4 all theyve done hope they move some where ,where they will get silverware cant even beat wolves what a joke FACT WE WONT EVEN FINISH SIXTH JUST WATCH B*LL**KS TO THESE BUNCH OF LOSERS I WONT BE CHEERING AGAIN C YA ( YOULL ALWAYS WALK ALONE )  
          :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TW#T .!!!
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #142: Jan 26, 2010 10:25:30 pm
      90 minutes played,3 attempts on target..........3???

almost sums up our season!
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #143: Jan 26, 2010 10:27:39 pm
      spot on christ. we were f***in dire tonight but we are liverpool football club we will get through this by stickin together. lfc4eva F**k off you are not a proper fan of this mighty club. ynwa
      ajabkhan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #144: Jan 26, 2010 10:27:51 pm
      had one class the whole day, and just skipped it. too depressed now. it would kill me to see aquilani and torres leave this summer, but something tells me that is imminent. i love this club, even if they lose to exeter, but what happened to 'freedom of action?' if players don't want to play, who're in the starting 11, DON'T LET THEM PLAY :D it was almost obvious some , no names mentioned, were playing as if they were 'forced' to play. i love aquilani, even though the poor guy has only played 3 matches, in terms of minutes, and the expression on his face in the 90th minute was scary. it was almost saying 'screw this, i'm peacing out.' but God forbid that. i back rafa, and i back the club, but sometimes you just need to get the simple things right. an 8 year old would agree that if you pass (on the ground AND airballs), pick an attacking minded side(esp. against a team like wolves), USE YOUR SUBS, you'll have a chance in changing the game at least.

anyways, LFC till i die , i love this club, and these are testing times. Rafa knows his stuff, or at least how to bounce back, and he's most definitely going to come back hard against bolton. till then...

You'll Never Walk Alone
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #145: Jan 26, 2010 10:30:18 pm
      Other than Pepe they were all poor. No one tried to take control of the game and everytime we got the ball it was obvious what they were thinking, "Got to get the ball to Gerrard even if it means hoofing it in their half".

I still think it was the wrong choice to start Gerrard, Aquilani was going into this on the back of very good performance but didn't even get on the pitch.

United have Arsenal soon and we could have really closed the gap. Real shame that all the spirit and determination against Spurs was once again nonexistent.

It can't be put down to the injuries we have at the moment either because we should have beaten these easily.

Something just isn't clicking with the team, we get a win but then play poor the following game, we can't seem to kick on from whenever we win.

Though we are only 3 points behind and Spurs will drop a lot more points this season, though they could probably look at us and think the same thing :-\
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #146: Jan 26, 2010 10:31:29 pm
      What the manager needs to do is let the players know that no spot is guaranteed. Aquilani was benched today because the Captain was ready to play. He could have eased Gerrard into the game in the second half.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #147: Jan 26, 2010 10:33:30 pm
      So we had maybe 1 shot and Pepe was class again that to me means Wolves were the side on top? Say it aint so

no we had possesion.. but created nothing at all, no flowing football, just held it and hoofed it up field.. luckily they were worse at holding possesion & had everyone behind the ball, otherwise we would of been punished.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #148: Jan 26, 2010 10:33:58 pm
      Probably the worst Liverpool performance I've seen in at least 2 weeks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #149: Jan 26, 2010 10:33:59 pm
      What the manager needs to do is let the players know that no spot is guaranteed. Aquilani was benched today because the Captain was ready to play. He could have eased Gerrard into the game in the second half.

Amazed to hear Stevie started
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #150: Jan 26, 2010 10:35:34 pm
      Gerrard should play right midfield I've been saying it for weeks, it has not worked for him up top this season, why is Rafa persisting with it. I just can't understand why Rafa didn't play Aquilani in midfield tonight said it before the match and I'll say it again it was an awful decision.

Rafa needs to start changing things because at the moment he looks to me like a lad that knows something is wrong he just doesn't know how to fix it. Please Rafa stop playing 2 defensive midfielders against weaker opposition.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #151: Jan 26, 2010 10:39:44 pm
      Can anyone tell me why, when we need to win badly, when we are playin the likes of wolves are we playin two holdin mids in the centre of the park????

Drop lucas and play gerard or aqualani in centre...simple as... Would rather win four and lose four outta 8 instead of drawing 8 and worse yet not playing well.....

TOOO POOR THE LOT!!!
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #152: Jan 26, 2010 10:42:05 pm

not that amazed to see him start but just amazed that he can still be taking all these set pieces. he wasted at least 3 corners and 2 free kicks.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #153: Jan 26, 2010 10:43:07 pm
      Oh yeah and shots on target was ONE!!!! Wingers need a kick up the hole... stick gerard on right and leave riera on left until benny is back.... play 2 upfront and whip everything into their 6yard and you bound to create more chances!!!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #154: Jan 26, 2010 10:43:59 pm
      Fantastic result for a club with no money!

Well in.

And lets remind ourselves which Wolves owner and Ian Ayres railroaded David Moores into looking at the Yanks offer because they were offering more money for shares.

Agree with what most people are saying about playing Gerrard instead of Aquilani, must not of been a serious hamstring injury then?

Can't be arsed going right through that performance, mainly because it was such a scrappy game.

Interesting point though apparently the last time we won at Molyneux was during the 70s!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #155: Jan 26, 2010 10:45:40 pm
      Probably the worst Liverpool performance I've seen in at least 2 weeks.

Although worryingly true, for some reason i laughed at that :D
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #156: Jan 26, 2010 10:48:10 pm
      we are so predictable to play against and must be the only one of the top 10 to go there with a defensive set up. Even wigan beat this lot away from home!
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #157: Jan 26, 2010 10:53:20 pm
      We are very predictable yes!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #158: Jan 26, 2010 10:53:50 pm
      Rafa's post-match interview was shocking!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #159: Jan 26, 2010 10:55:00 pm
      Just read a bit on the website.

Saving face?
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność