Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread

Read 89857 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread
      Reply #138: Jun 23, 2008 01:29:32 am
      By putting your car tax up, it's gonna cut emissions. Didn't you know?

F***ing ridiculous.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #139: Jun 23, 2008 01:31:54 am
      By putting your car tax up, it's gonna cut emissions. Didn't you know?

F***ing ridiculous.

I feel like getting my money's worth out of these roads.  I need some of those Gladiator chariot-style wheels that cuts up the road as I drive down it.

Don't want to get political but I won't be voting for this bunch of cockheads next time round.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Oct 21, 2008 05:18:00 pm
      The thing that pisses me off is bloody speed camera's!

I went home for lunch today and I was sorting out the heater because it was bloody freezing and when I looked up I saw a police van with the back doors open and a man with a camera in there. So I looked at what spped I was doing and it was around 35, 36mph so im guessing I am now going to get a fine and 3 bloody points.
      When i went back to school the bloody thing had gone!

Although I do know a few people that have been given points before and have'nt declared them and with inurance being so high at the moment it will only increase if I declare it so it is very tempting to look the other way.

But 6mph too fast! I was in control of the car, did'nt mow anyone down or create any swerving or anything but NO! the bloody government or who ever deals with it just wants to rob me of even more money aswell as putting up insurance because im male! :f_steam:

*rant over*
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #141: Oct 21, 2008 05:31:56 pm
      The thing that pisses me off is bloody speed camera's!

I went home for lunch today and I was sorting out the heater because it was bloody freezing and when I looked up I saw a police van with the back doors open and a man with a camera in there. So I looked at what spped I was doing and it was around 35, 36mph so im guessing I am now going to get a fine and 3 bloody points.
      When I went back to school the bloody thing had gone!

Although I do know a few people that have been given points before and have'nt declared them and with inurance being so high at the moment it will only increase if I declare it so it is very tempting to look the other way.

But 6mph too fast! I was in control of the car, did'nt mow anyone down or create any swerving or anything but NO! the bloody government or who ever deals with it just wants to rob me of even more money aswell as putting up insurance because im male! :f_steam:

*rant over*

If you have been nabbed and it's your first time for speeding, plus the fact you were only a few mph over, then I think you either get the option of three points or go on a speed awareness course - which costs about 80 quid or something.

So it might not be all doom and gloom? That's what happened to my sisters fella anyway.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #142: Oct 21, 2008 05:43:22 pm
      If you have been nabbed and it's your first time for speeding, plus the fact you were only a few mph over, then I think you either get the option of three points or go on a speed awareness course - which costs about 80 quid or something.

So it might not be all doom and gloom? That's what happened to my sisters fella anyway.

Yeah you can do. The same happens with getting caught on your phone, etc.

It's a piss take though. They charge enough with taxes, why do they need to drip every last penny out of us on top of that?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #143: Oct 21, 2008 07:40:22 pm
      Im only 17 so they will probably try and throw the book at me :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #144: May 29, 2009 12:28:57 pm
       :( It was only my first test. I only got 5 minor faults, but I got 3 f***in major ones too! Two of them on that stupid f***in roundabout in Broadway. That needs f***in taking out and to be planned better that...it's a f***in nightmare.

Plus, going through red lights is not a good way to pass your test ;) Although, in my defence, it was busy on County Road and there were three cars turning right in front of me so I was behind the line. The lights just changed as they all turned and I forgot about the lights and went to go and the examiner had to break.

Oh well, I'll get it next time.

f***in double roundabout my arse.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 03:01:16 pm by ayrton77 »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #145: May 29, 2009 12:58:30 pm
      Hard luck, Gow. :(

I was stressed as hell when I took my driving test (14 years ago! :o), when we set off from the test centre I remember the first thing I did was set off in second gear. ::)

Funnily enough it helped, though. Not realising it wasn't a major fault, I just though "oh well, I've failed", and was totally relaxed for the rest of the test, so it probably helped me pass! :D

Best of luck for your next go. Do you have a long wait before to retake it, or is it soon?
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #146: May 29, 2009 01:01:53 pm
      On my first test, I did bay park and the line was literally under the middle of the car :D so i did what Aryton did and just cracked on. Failed with just one major, then passed second time with 4 minors.

Chin up, it'll come, perserverence is the key.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #147: May 29, 2009 01:07:05 pm
      Yeah, I'm not gonna fail next time! Gonna put back in for it in about 4 weeks time and have a few more lessons. Look on the bright side, the sun is cracking the flags and I have the afternoon off to go and meet my mum in town and go shopping with her and then back the theirs for tea. So that's nice! I'm not gutted at all. The fact that I made the mistakes means I'm not quite there yet, and even my instructor failed his first test!

Onwards and upwards!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #148: May 29, 2009 01:09:45 pm
      Hard luck Gow mate.

I failed my first time around as well, the pr**k instructor made me do a reverse park on a hill. Something I neve practiced for and naturally the car rolled back a bit and I hit the parked car behind me.  :D
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #149: May 29, 2009 01:11:15 pm
      Best drivers fail first time. The old saying is "You pass yor driving test AND then you learn to drive" ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #150: May 29, 2009 01:12:44 pm
      Yeah, I'm not gonna fail next time! Gonna put back in for it in about 4 weeks time and have a few more lessons. Look on the bright side, the sun is cracking the flags and I have the afternoon off to go and meet my mum in town and go shopping with her and then back the theirs for tea. So that's nice! I'm not gutted at all. The fact that I made the mistakes means I'm not quite there yet, and even my instructor failed his first test!

Onwards and upwards!!

Nice one, Arnie likes your fighting spirit!

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #151: May 29, 2009 01:14:40 pm
      Mate that sucks, but stick with it.  My bird passed on her 4th and she said that it was her worst test for nerves.

I passed first time, BUT i was so bad a reverse parking into the space (literally 10 minutes before my test) i had to get out an let my instructor do it.

Learn from your mistakes, chillax and just treat the exam dude as a mate.  Chat to him, they like that.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #152: May 29, 2009 02:52:56 pm
      Bad luck Gow, I failed first time, but passed the second, I think the nerves just get to you more the first time coz you don't really know what to expect.  I was much more relaxed the second time (although I had an examiner with a chronic snot problem - wasn't good  :-\
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #153: May 29, 2009 03:41:31 pm
      Unlucky. Good luck for next time!
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #154: May 29, 2009 04:53:17 pm
      Hard Luck Gow. Hopefully you'll pass it next time around! ;)
      ColdEyes
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts |
      Reply #155: May 29, 2009 05:09:23 pm
      Bad luck. I am starting my driving lessons soon as well. Good luck for both of us ;)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #156: May 29, 2009 05:21:09 pm
      Good luck Gow and Coldeyes!! Well I got mine a year ago at the first attempt (road-reverse-parking etc).. and the secret was that the instructor was my dad's friend and knew me very well and for the parking exam (where my dad's frn was not the examiner), my bf helped me and was secretly giving me signals about when I should stop, reverse and how many degrees etc!!  >:D haha hey but it doesn't mean I was not good! I was good and didn't ask for any help though. but a confession is that I wasn't too proud of me cause I knew i had been helped..hmm but who cares till I got that license!  ;) ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #157: May 29, 2009 07:32:38 pm
      Do what I done the night before the test I passed - have a few beers.  ;)

You'll beat those roundabouts mate!! Revenge is sweet.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #158: May 29, 2009 08:52:29 pm
      Thanks everyone.

Kenny - If I F**k them roundabouts up next time, I'm just gonna drive straight through them on the way back and do as much damage as I can! :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #159: May 29, 2009 09:07:13 pm
      Thanks everyone.

Kenny - If I F**k them roundabouts up next time, I'm just gonna drive straight through them on the way back and do as much damage as I can! :)

Give me a ring when you're driving on your next test and I'll drive up in my van and guide you round them.  ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #160: May 29, 2009 09:09:05 pm
      I think you'll know in advance of when I'm doing it next time! :D Perhaps I'll just take the first left off down Broady and pretend I misheard the examiner! ;)

Quick Reply