Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread

Read 89813 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread
      Reply #874: Nov 02, 2010 04:42:51 pm
      Passed my driving test this morning, good times. :)

Well in mate..! Enjoy the freedom...
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #875: Nov 02, 2010 05:41:18 pm
      Thanks alot mate, can't wait to drive to school tomorrow.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #876: Nov 02, 2010 06:19:28 pm
      Congratulations Stevie123!!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #877: Nov 02, 2010 07:54:31 pm
      Passed my driving test this morning, good times. :)
      Congratulations mate, nice one.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #878: Nov 02, 2010 10:37:39 pm
      Well done StevieG123, made up for you hun.

Take it easy eh..
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #879: Nov 03, 2010 04:27:52 pm
      Cheers all. :)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #880: Dec 03, 2010 04:55:41 pm
      A little update as I know you all care ;), got my new car this morning, 03 plate, black clio dynamique, 3 doors, and a surprise on the inside, leather interior! Cheers dad. :) Might put up a few picks later.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #881: Dec 03, 2010 07:12:47 pm
      A little update as I know you all care ;), got my new car this morning, 03 plate, black clio dynamique, 3 doors, and a surprise on the inside, leather interior! Cheers dad. :) Might put up a few picks later.
      Nice one Stevie, looking forward to seeing them mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #882: Dec 03, 2010 07:30:13 pm
      Just cause it's a rally rep and has 4WD does not mean you can get through a foot of snow. It's funny though :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #883: Dec 04, 2010 01:14:57 am
      Nice car Stevie G....take it easy especially in this weather. Made up for you  :gt-happyup:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #884: Mar 01, 2011 12:35:57 pm
      Un-insured drivers.

Yesterday I sold a car and was delivering the car for the proud new owner, on my way I was heading up a busy by pass at around 60 miles an hour, there was a black Fiesta and an orange Skoda Fabia about 4 cars lengths infront of me. Both cars indicated left and proceeded to slow down thus I cut the car length to about two cars, when all of a sudden the orange Fabia proceeded to pull right out infront of me whilst trying to perform a U-Turn, leaving me no time to do anything other than hit him.

The little car that I sold a Peugeot 206 GTI went from this.

To this.

In about 30 seconds of some one elses stupidity.

Now it wouldnt have been so bad as it was an accident albeit one that could have been avoided and we were both covered right ?

Wrong.

After spaeking to the guy in the orange Fabia last night on the phone, he proceeded to tell me that he had no insurance as he'd just bought the car about ten minutes before the accident and that the person following him in the black Fiesta was his wife who had taken him to collect the car.

Now I know I'm insured fully comprehensive on my motor traders policy and that I would get paid out, but a motor traders policy is different to that of a normal persons policy in being that I will only get trade price for the car, or trade price for the cost of repairs.

So I'm now having to cut my losses on the car as for me its not worth claiming on my traders policy as my premium will only increase next year if I do so and for all I can take the driver to court, I've been informed the chances of recouping my losses in one lump sum are slim to none as the courts would award in my favour, but the driver would probably get away with paying something like £10 per week.

What a load of sh*te, I'm fuming.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #885: Mar 01, 2011 12:44:42 pm
      Un-insured drivers.

Yesterday I sold a car and was delivering the car for the proud new owner, on my way I was heading up a busy by pass at around 60 miles an hour, there was a black Fiesta and an orange Skoda Fabia about 4 cars lengths infront of me. Both cars indicated left and proceeded to slow down thus I cut the car length to about two cars, when all of a sudden the orange Fabia proceeded to pull right out infront of me whilst trying to perform a U-Turn, leaving me no time to do anything other than hit him.

The little car that I sold a Peugeot 206 GTI went from this.

To this.

In about 30 seconds of some one elses stupidity.

Now it wouldnt have been so bad as it was an accident albeit one that could have been avoided and we were both covered right ?

Wrong.

After spaeking to the guy in the orange Fabia last night on the phone, he proceeded to tell me that he had no insurance as he'd just bought the car about ten minutes before the accident and that the person following him in the black Fiesta was his wife who had taken him to collect the car.

Now I know I'm insured fully comprehensive on my motor traders policy and that I would get paid out, but a motor traders policy is different to that of a normal persons policy in being that I will only get trade price for the car, or trade price for the cost of repairs.

So I'm now having to cut my losses on the car as for me its not worth claiming on my traders policy as my premium will only increase next year if I do so and for all I can take the driver to court, I've been informed the chances of recouping my losses in one lump sum are slim to none as the courts would award in my favour, but the driver would probably get away with paying something like £10 per week.

What a load of sh*te, I'm fuming.

Truly SHOCKING

Im glad your OK mate thats the main thing.

Uninsured drivers are scum.  Simple.  Its a necessary evil i know but we all have to pay it.  No excuses.

I was watching a programme the other day about Traffic Coppers in London.  They said that for new drivers, fines for driving without insurance is actually less than the yearly insurance premium.  I find that ridiculous.

When i passed my test at 18 i had to pay £1500 a year TPF&T on a bloody 1.1 Punto.  They need to find a better way of policing the uninsured.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #886: Mar 01, 2011 01:18:35 pm
      Bloody hell Redblood, that's disgraceful, I'm not surprised you're fuming  :mad:

Just glad that you weren't hurt.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #887: Mar 01, 2011 02:13:36 pm
      Drivers??That just stay in the centre lane is it because they are afraid to manouvre across?Is it deliberate, to annoy us?Is it  because they are bad drivers?Do they even know they are doing it? Should the police pull them over and issue OTS fines for driving without due care and attention?Are you one of these?Answers please n*b heads.

Needed that (phew )
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #888: Mar 01, 2011 04:03:29 pm
      Drivers that don't have any consideration to cyclists. When I go out on I cycle ride, which I do to try and get healthy and lose some weight, I can guarantee that within the first 15-20 minutes some asshole does something that leaves me thinking that I'm going to either die or be seriously injured. The two main things that tend to happen are, someone pushing you right over into the gutter to the point were I risk clipping the curb or their car clips me, or something that has happened all too often of late, someone traveling in the opposite direction, suddenly deciding to perform a u-turn right in front of me  :o It seems like some drivers are just not concentrating at all, as I always make sure I am wearing clothing that is highly visible.

Now, I know these sorts of things will happen to other car users too but, it is so much more frightening when you're on a bike as a small knock will probably have much bigger consequences. I ended up coming back home early today for this very reason and am getting put off going back out cycling ever again more and more.

I do have a solution to the problem of drivers who drive to close to cyclists though. A law should be passed to allow cyclists to carry loaded shotguns. Then, if some asshole gets too close, just point it at the f**ker through his window, I bet the cu*ts will notice me and give me space then  >:D

MsGerrard
      Reply #889: Mar 01, 2011 04:12:41 pm
      Drivers that don't have any consideration to cyclists. When I go out on I cycle ride, which I do to try and get healthy and lose some weight, I can guarantee that within the first 15-20 minutes some asshole does something that leaves me thinking that I'm going to either die or be seriously injured. The two main things that tend to happen are, someone pushing you right over into the gutter to the point were I risk clipping the curb or their car clips me, or something that has happened all too often of late, someone traveling in the opposite direction, suddenly deciding to perform a u-turn right in front of me  :o It seems like some drivers are just not concentrating at all, as I always make sure I am wearing clothing that is highly visible.

Now, I know these sorts of things will happen to other car users too but, it is so much more frightening when you're on a bike as a small knock will probably have much bigger consequences. I ended up coming back home early today for this very reason and am getting put off going back out cycling ever again more and more.

I do have a solution to the problem of drivers who drive to close to cyclists though. A law should be passed to allow cyclists to carry loaded shotguns. Then, if some asshole gets too close, just point it at the f**ker through his window, I bet the cu*ts will notice me and give me space then  >:D

Bit extreme that is Dave  :laugh: but I know what you mean, I always give cyclists a wide berth when I'm overtaking them, I think half the problem nowadays is that everyone is always in so much of a rush to get from A to B, they can't wait even one second, so they cut cyclists up, it's not right and its not fair  >:(

Can you do any off road cycling? I know you will probably still have to ride on the road to get there, but it might be something you could consider? I don't know if there is anywhere suitable for you, but it would be a shame for you to give it up  :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #890: Mar 01, 2011 04:19:08 pm
      I've encountered all of those same problems, Dave. Having said that, I do ask for it sometimes. If I've picked up speed going downhill into a town centre, I like to try and keep that speed going for the uphill parts so will do anything to negotiate traffic at full speed, hopping up onto kerbs and riding through red lights (on crossings, not junctions) with music blasting through my earphones. I am one of the reasons so many motorists hate cyclists  ;D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #891: Mar 01, 2011 04:39:46 pm
      I usually travel by bike here in Amsterdam. I have my driver's license, but impossible to park a car in the centre of Amsterdam here. The waiting period for a parking permit is 5 years, which means I'd have to pay about 5 euros an hour to park my car nearby. But even then, it's impossible to find a parking spot nearby, can easily take 30 minutes or more to find one. Had a car for a while, had it parked like in another part of the city, but ended up hardly using it so I sold it. Cyclists here usually have their own lane or part of the road, unless it's a narrow road, but it's safe biking here compared to some other countries I've been to. I like biking though, but then again pretty much everyone here owns a bike. Oh, and I'm probably one of those crazy cyclists drivers hate. :P The only rule I abide by is getting from a to b as fast as possible.
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011 04:51:01 pm by Dexter »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #892: Mar 23, 2011 10:25:56 am
      I think i must be the only person who thinks the cyclists should only be allowed on the road if they pay road tax and have insurance.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #893: Mar 23, 2011 10:35:27 am
      Yes, I'm hoping you ARE the only person who thinks that. I'm hoping to get my new bike soon so that a) I can get fit quickly and b) so that I don't have to keep paying these ridiculous petrol prices. If I then had to pay road tax and insurance on my bike as well, I'd be screwed!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #894: Mar 23, 2011 10:40:41 am
      I cycle everyday, I love it.

But i also drive, and there is nothing more annoying that a cyclist on the road going through a red light.

One rule for them one rule for us.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #895: Mar 23, 2011 11:04:06 am
      I consider it my right as a cyclist to take advantage of such situations, whether it pisses drivers off or not.l
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #896: Mar 23, 2011 01:20:15 pm
      I consider it my right as a cyclist to take advantage of such situations, whether it pisses drivers off or not.l

As an ex-bike messenger and ex-bike fanatic I tend to agree. Unfortunately, not everyone knows what they're doing on a bike and how to time a light, ride in traffic, etc.

Quick Reply