Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out

Read 36393 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out
      Reply #184: Mar 09, 2010 01:06:21 am

Thing is you could say it about several away performances this season.

Worst thing for me is, we look like we're just going through the motions, players and manager!
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #185: Mar 09, 2010 01:07:34 am
      Rafa has nothing to loose now - make a statement and take Stevie and Carra out the team; neither have been up to it this year
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #186: Mar 09, 2010 01:10:53 am
      I was having such a great day.  Great meeting, great workout, heading home I just couldn't resist I had to check my Blackberry to see the score.  Isn't it funny how a Reds loss can destroy your entire mood.  Just got home now to watch the DVR recording and see what went wrong.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #187: Mar 09, 2010 01:15:36 am
      Worst thing for me is, we look like we're just going through the motions, players and manager!

Glad you said manager mate. Not just the players.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #188: Mar 09, 2010 01:19:20 am
      I was having such a great day.  Great meeting, great workout, heading home I just couldn't resist I had to check my Blackberry to see the score.  

Why can't you just say you checked your phone, you proud kiwi. Need you tell us that you are using a blackberry.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 01:23:20 am by redkenny, Reason: Need you use text language?! You is a word. Use it! »
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #189: Mar 09, 2010 01:20:12 am

Yes much worse
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #190: Mar 09, 2010 01:21:13 am
      Wigan's first win in 9 - I mean ffs
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #191: Mar 09, 2010 01:24:10 am

Oh dear.

And that was a bad one too.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #192: Mar 09, 2010 01:30:11 am
      What truly bugs me is that Wigan wanted the points more FFS it's 4th spot and we couldn't muster enough passion @ all  :f_steam: :f_wah: none of our decent players will stay past the end of season if we're not careful!!!
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #193: Mar 09, 2010 02:10:22 am
      F**kin s**t!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #194: Mar 09, 2010 02:18:41 am
      Missed second half..Had school but I guess it was for the best.  

The sentiment on here seems that we just failed to show up for the match and the much needed 3 points putting us in the top 4 is now gone and we lost to a sh*t team.  From what I saw in the first half..Lack of leadership, no drive, no attack and no pride, must of carried into the 2nd half.

When I left and it was 1-0 I said, "Theirs no way were dropping 3 points to them"  and figured that they would get it turned around.  I guessed wrong.

I honestly just dont know what has happened to our team. I'm at a loss for words.  We have to much talent to play like this and that just leads me to believe that the leadership on the pitch and off is at fault.  I dont know what to say anymore.  Were out of excuses.  

Their are guys on this team who dont deserve to wear that jersey and play at Anfield. Period. Were not some third rate club slugging it out in some sh*t league.   This is Liverpool Football.  The greatest football club in the world and no one should represent it in this way. Disgraceful. :f_steam:
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #195: Mar 09, 2010 02:36:50 am
      I did't want to see the second half so I turned my T.V off. Now I feel like I don't want to see the rest off the season. Hope we will have a fantastic season next year, until then good bye to all the loyal reds.  
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #196: Mar 09, 2010 02:43:50 am
      Missed the second half, but from the looks of it, it wasn't any better than the first.
      Shocking play, shocking result.

In the first half we couldn't seem to string two passes together. The goal we conceded was from such poor passing itself.

Its getting absolutely embarrassing now, we had 11 top class players looking bored and disinterested on the field. Mind you these are players who wish to play for their country at the World Cup in a few months time.
      I wouldn't be surprised if national coaches saw this game and thought " oh well, we might as well find a replacement for this guy, he's playing sh*te ".
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #197: Mar 09, 2010 03:22:51 am
      I did't want to see the second half so I turned my T.V off. Now I feel like I don't want to see the rest off the season. Hope we will have a fantastic season next year, until then good bye to all the loyal reds. 

You, sir, are a shining example of supporting a football team that we inferior people can only hope of one day replicating. God speed my good man!

(aka, F**k off and dont come back)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #198: Mar 09, 2010 03:42:11 am

Was it a decent match atmosphere wise? (hard to tell on my stream) Or am I lucky I didnt go?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #199: Mar 09, 2010 03:49:40 am
      F***ing diabolical. What was that sh*t, those players should be F***ing ashamed of themselves. Poor all over the park. Someone earlier said it was like the players believed that they should have been handed the 3 points on the plate and that's how they played.

Terrible performances from the lot of them but I can't help but single out Insua who is F***ing useless, Kuyt who just can't F***ing control or pass a ball to a teammate and Captain Stevie who put in one of his worst performances in a long, long time.

Was thinking that myself mate, looks like they've given up trying and can't wait for the season to be over so they can head off on their holidays before and after the World Cup.

Oh yeah, I finally worked out what Rafa was writing on his notes. Gotta get myself one of these Manager's Chairs. Didn't see him get out of it until about the 89th minute. He looked nice and cosy in it. No urgency whatsoever. I'm F***ing gutted.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #200: Mar 09, 2010 04:35:22 am

Thats how its been all season.  I dont understand how a team can go from 5 points of winning the league in the 08/09 season, having one of the best years ever and only losing 2 matches,  to now being out of the CL, FA Cup,Carling and fighting to stay mid tier with a glimmer of hope to secure the 4th spot and we already have 9 losses.

I dont understand and would love to know what happened. 

I have been a sports fan my entire life. Baseball,American Football and Liverpool Football.  With the glory comes the pain. I understand that. But this team has TOO MUCH TALENT to piss this season off.  I have supported Rafa the entire season, still do. I think hes one of the top 5 coaches in the world. Replacing him is not an easy task and I dont want him fired. But, maybe for the sake of the team a change is needed.  Maybe they have played as good as they are going to play for Rafa. A coaching change may bring new life to this team.

I dont know. I just dont understand how a team which had me yelling and cheering and sitting on the edge of my seat for an entire season last year. A team which had so much fun and passion and what they represented, to a team which has done a complete 180 into mid tier football.

I am not a glory hound or bandwagon fan.  My posts on here are generally positive and I think that having close to 1000 posts on the forum shows I truly care for this team and what it represents. However, I think some serious changes need to be made and maybe a rebuild of the core of this club is needed. Something is rotten and eating this club from the core and it needs to be stopped.  We can bi*ch and complain about the owners but in actuality its the players and staff who are lacking right now. Its the guys who wear the Liverpool crest and play on that ground who are failing. 

Not a knee jerk reaction. Just a bit of a rant....and maybe something to think about, thats all.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #201: Mar 09, 2010 04:37:37 am
      F***ing diabolical. What was that sh*t, those players should be f**king ashamed of themselves. Poor all over the park. Someone earlier said it was like the players believed that they should have been handed the 3 points on the plate and that's how they played.

Terrible performances from the lot of them but I can't help but single out Insua who is f**king useless, Kuyt who just can't f**king control or pass a ball to a teammate and Captain Stevie who put in one of his worst performances in a long, long time.

Cant add much more to that mate at this point.

Would also include more swear words.

That was just shocking, watched the whole of second half again for the second time. I would say 9 of the 11 with that showing would struggle in the A-League.

Was thinking that myself mate, looks like they've given up trying and can't wait for the season to be over so they can head off on their holidays before and after the World Cup.

Oh yeah, I finally worked out what Rafa was writing on his notes. Gotta get myself one of these Manager's Chairs. Didn't see him get out of it until about the 89th minute. He looked nice and cosy in it. No urgency whatsoever. I'm f**king gutted.

Cant add more to that.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #202: Mar 09, 2010 05:57:07 am
      Absolute disgrace!

We are going backwards big-time and we'll seriously end up in a footballing abyss with current owners, manager and players.

Everyone whinges about the manager having no money, we had 67million pounds worth of talent personel on the bench alone. And we still couldn't manage to beat the mighty pie eating, rugby loving town of Wigan.

The players he has brought are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Rafa is not an innovative manager. We're well due a change in manager, F**k him off!
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #203: Mar 09, 2010 05:59:33 am
      Absolute disgrace!

We are going backwards big-time and we'll seriously end up in a footballing abyss with current owners, manager and players.

Everyone whinges about the manager having no money, we had 67million pounds worth of talent personel on the bench alone. And we still couldn't manage to beat the mighty pie eating, rugby loving town of Wigan.

The players he has brought are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Rafa is not an innovative manager. We're well due a change in manager, f**k him off!

cant add more than that!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #204: Mar 09, 2010 06:03:54 am
       I am so disappointed in that inept display,it was a disgrace.I actually said to my wife in the second half the youth team would of done better and in all probability would of shown more skill and certainly had the determination and pride in the RED Shirt of L.F.C.
                                     While RAFA must shoulder some of the blame it was not him who could not pass the ball,it was not him that did not have enough fire in his belly.I am sorry but some of our overpaid players should hang their heads in shame.I have mentioned earlier in the season that close passing has been our fall down,it seems  our players do not realise if they are to play the game this way they cannot stand still and wait for the ball to come to them.
                                                     I do not like criticising players but I am so annoyed with that display. :f_steam:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #205: Mar 09, 2010 06:45:23 am
      So Sad.
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #206: Mar 09, 2010 06:57:35 am

are you serious? things are bad but that cant be the sign of a true fan. i can understand a football fan saying that who normally watches all liverpool matches as well as other big games but an actual Liverpool fan???? ummm no thats not right

Quick Reply