Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375711 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1426: Feb 08, 2014 09:18:59 pm
      Surely Hazard must get that award? Not sure what age they count as being 'young' though.

23 I think is the age limit for young player. We all know it's going to be Januzaj :mad:

Edit: Just realised Hazard is only 23 so yes I agree it must be Hazard in the number 1 spot for that award.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1427: Feb 08, 2014 09:25:58 pm
      Yeah Hazard has more or less already won that then.

Just imagine how good Sterling will be when he's 23 though, frightening.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1428: Feb 08, 2014 09:31:39 pm
      Loved how he nicked in and pinched his first goal off Studge  ;D

Thought he had yet another great game today.  He's now showing the form he had for the u18's and u21's, just watch the goals start coming for him now.  I expect at least 1 hattrick from him before the seasons end.

So did I Debs, was fantastic to see. I actually thought I saw Sturridge look a little disappointed that he'd took it off him. I personally was delighted, it's one of the final pieces to his game he needs, I have said above that I don't like the level of stick he gets off the "stars" when he's an up and coming star himself.

He was immense today, I thought he'd be the key to victory and while it certainly wasn't him alone that made the difference he really did have an enormous impact on our biggest game of the season. At 19, to have that level of impact is staggering. I was a little worried his game had stagnated at the end of last season, but now he's kicking on again the limit to this lads potential could be frightening.

Well in Raheem, deserved MotM today and many more please.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1429: Feb 08, 2014 09:44:27 pm
      So did I Debs, was fantastic to see. I actually thought I saw Sturridge look a little disappointed that he'd took it off him. I personally was delighted, it's one of the final pieces to his game he needs, I have said above that I don't like the level of stick he gets off the "stars" when he's an up and coming star himself.

He was immense today, I thought he'd be the key to victory and while it certainly wasn't him alone that made the difference he really did have an enormous impact on our biggest game of the season. At 19, to have that level of impact is staggering. I was a little worried his game had stagnated at the end of last season, but now he's kicking on again the limit to this lads potential could be frightening.

Well in Raheem, deserved MotM today and many more please.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here today that Brendan's told him he shouldn't automatically look for Luis or Danny to pass to but look at other options, like running at players himself.  If so he's certainly taken it onboard and executed it to perfection.

I'm sure he'll have a dip in form at some stage, young players always do but he's shown he can get himself back up again and it's great to see.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1430: Feb 08, 2014 09:51:10 pm
      Impressive strength for his size and what he has been adding to his game, the tracking back, defensive attributes, and using more than just pace to get past players, long may his improvement continue.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #1431: Feb 09, 2014 01:09:42 pm
      Put in a continued run of high quality performances now, he really is starting to make the starting position his own. The thing I think I loved most was after the game when Suarez ran up to him, picked him up and there was a real genuine happiness from Luis at Sterling's performance.

Long may it continue, with Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling & Coutinho we've something really special lads, let's enjoy the ride.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1432: Feb 11, 2014 06:30:13 am
      The kid is on fire. Keep it rolling Raheem.

Remind me who this Salah bloke is again.  ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #1433: Feb 12, 2014 03:39:53 am
      Salah is the guy who has ruined his next couple of years at least!
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #1434: Feb 16, 2014 08:13:38 pm
      A stunning performance. Outstanding
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1435: Feb 16, 2014 09:17:31 pm
      And people called for BR to send this lad on loan? :roll:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1436: Feb 16, 2014 09:18:03 pm
      Close call between Raheem and Howard Webb for MOTM.  :-[
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1437: Feb 16, 2014 09:19:28 pm
      He's playing very well, and the more games he plays, the better he gets. Not reached his potential yet, can't wait to see it realised in the next 3 or 4 seasons.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1438: Feb 16, 2014 09:24:41 pm
      And people called for BR to send this lad on loan? :roll:
      To be fair at the time it was looking like he was  regressing and many of us thought that a loan would suit him , obviously it didn't work that way and those of us who had criticised him are now glad he proved us wrong .

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1439: Feb 17, 2014 12:25:10 am
      To be fair at the time it was looking like he was  regressing and many of us thought that a loan would suit him , obviously it didn't work that way and those of us who had criticised him are now glad he proved us wrong .

I include myself in that group.
      Have been amazed by his upper body strength, technical ability and tactical awareness.
      Whatever the coaching staff, senior players and BR have done has led to Raheem becoming a proper player.
      He is now a 1st team automatic select.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1440: Feb 17, 2014 10:15:04 pm
      Another monster performance from young Raheem yesterday, he just keeps getting better every game.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #1441: Feb 17, 2014 10:47:16 pm
      Most improved player by FAR this season and is making me eat my words xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1442: Feb 17, 2014 11:12:13 pm
      I include myself in that group.
      Have been amazed by his upper body strength, technical ability and tactical awareness.
      Whatever the coaching staff, senior players and BR have done has led to Raheem becoming a proper player.
      He is now a 1st team automatic select.
      He can only get better at this stage barring injuries and he doesn't seem phased by the limelight either .

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #1443: Feb 18, 2014 04:50:50 pm
      Close call between Raheem and Howard Webb for MOTM.  :-[

Yep. I don't normally look back at refereeing decns. But that "self appointed superstar" really has become a pain up the arse.

On Raheem, its interesting. Even as a 16yr old, you could tell he had the potential to be really special.
      At that time, he seemed to rely on pure pace, not so much on trickery or vision. And his finishing wasn't the same level as his dribbling.

Even a yr or so ago, it was a similar story. Now I'm really impressed with his balance, improved strength, actual skills and overall game. Would love to see his end product improve  more.

If he can get thro more final balls and goals, then he has the potential to be a world star very soon. I think he's got the ideal master to learn from in Luis. When you think how limited Ronaldo and Bale were at 19, there's certainly grounds for optimism.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1444: Feb 18, 2014 10:04:57 pm
      This lad has got some serious potential. What a talent. Hopefully he can keep these performances for the rest of they year, at least.
      RuntyMunty
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #1445: Feb 24, 2014 11:43:17 am
      That pass though!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1446: Mar 02, 2014 02:41:30 am
      Come on lads and lasses! Where's the just praise for Sterling tonight?! Brilliant coming off the bench. I continue to be thrilled by the young man!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1447: Mar 02, 2014 02:56:58 am
      Come on lads and lasses! Where's the just praise for Sterling tonight?! Brilliant coming off the bench. I continue to be thrilled by the young man!
      He didn't score quick enough .

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1448: Mar 02, 2014 03:30:08 am
      I thought it was really interesting to see Sterling come on and play in a central role. The fact Brendan didn't change the team setup with that sub shows the continued growth and development of Raheem. No longer just a player to use his pace to beat a man, but looks to pass and combine. Great stuff.

Quick Reply