Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375568 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2645: May 20, 2015 09:08:08 pm
      I have new respect for players like Ricky Lambert who would have jumped at half the money offer to Raheem Sterling to be aged 20 again and adorn himself in Liverpool red week in week out and to live that dream and to give all in the name of Liverpool FC.... Unfortunately he was not good enough. but you know what, I would sooner have 10 Ricky Lamberts on that field than one Raheem Sterling
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #2646: May 20, 2015 09:09:15 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class... scored 2 or 3 goals before getting sent off or something... coming on doing next to nothing and getting a red card is as bad as scoring an own goal. He may never be world class and at a bigger club he is not going to get on the field very often. look any the teams in the semi finals of the CL, Real, Juve, Barca, Buyern... is he really going to push ahead of world class players they have or win a medal sitting on the bench? This 50m price tag is outragous. No team is going to pay 50m for a player that might be or might not be worth it in the future when they can pay 50m for a player that is definatly worth it.

Just read this and think I need a lie down. Ribapuru, I don't know wether to laugh or cry, but right now I'm doing both! Really think either me or him are losing the plot, at the moment the big money's on him but don't bet on it!!!
       :lmao: :f_wah: :lmao: :f_wah: :lmao: :f_wah: :lmao: :f_wah:  :drink:

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #2647: May 20, 2015 09:10:54 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class... scored 2 or 3 goals before getting sent off or something... coming on doing next to nothing and getting a red card is as bad as scoring an own goal. He may never be world class and at a bigger club he is not going to get on the field very often. look any the teams in the semi finals of the CL, Real, Juve, Barca, Buyern... is he really going to push ahead of world class players they have or win a medal sitting on the bench? This 50m price tag is outragous. No team is going to pay 50m for a player that might be or might not be worth it in the future when they can pay 50m for a player that is definatly worth it.

Ok keep taking the meds it's ok.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2648: May 20, 2015 10:29:27 pm
      After the latest episode of fans booing him, I can't see him having a future in our club. However, I say let's be ruthless with him. If he and his agent have shown themselves to be self serving pr*cks, then we f*ck them both off and force him to run down his contract. He's still our player, we pay his wages and we decide what to do. We keep him for another year and he will have to put in a good season because big clubs aren't interested in players not playing regularly or not showing consistently good form. He's still a quality player so we can take advantage of his predicament to  get the best out of him for one more season. He will leave on the cheaper next year, but if his best gets us back into contention, that so what?

I'm p*ssed with the way the club have handled him and I'm properly p*ssed at the way this little b*tch has tried to hold us to ransom. I get the fact that he may not think Liverpool are no longer a top club, and that's the owners/managers' fault, but the way he has conducted himself is absolutely dismal. We've never had to wash our dirty laundry in public so much before.

He should have kept all the contract talks behind closed doors, or put it off until summer alltogether, and put in a good shift for the club that employs him on the pitch regardless of what was going on behind the scenes. That's what dedicated professionals do. He too often went missing this year and Carra was right, he hasn't worked hard enough for us.

Doesn't have the attitude to be a Liverpool player for the long term, but does have the skills to help us for one more season. Force his hand and let him earn his "big move" by putting in a good season's shift.
      Nah mate i'm tired of looking at him on his arse , sell the c**t for the most we get i'll be happy with that and watch him warm the citeh bench .

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2649: May 20, 2015 11:41:26 pm
      In total honesty, I want him sold, he's a hindrance and ball greedy, runs into people more than dribbles them. Overrated. Id rather get top money now than live with this crap for years to come.
      He's got quite good stats this season I think, regardless of the teams overall form but I won't mind one bit if he's gone, his heart wasn't ever a Liver bird.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2650: May 21, 2015 07:07:26 am
      I think there is often some revisionism every time a player is about to leave the club for whatever reason - he's not that good anyway, good riddance, etc. I understand everyone's anger - I am disappointed with Raheem myself - but differently to many here, I think he's a top quality player who we'll struggle to replace. His form was inconsistent this season but that is to be expected with young players; but even so he managed to be the u-21 players with most chances created in Europe. Most of the team was inconsistent as well without the excuse of being that young and played in different positions with different partners nearly every week. Give him proper partners which he can gel with like we did last season and you'll see a star in the making.

He's a natural dribbler like very few players are. His ability to get the ball under pressure and find a way through the opponents is second to none in the league. If he goes to City or Chelsea I don't think we'll see another Shaun Wright-Phillips; rather I believe we'll really regret having let him go while we watch him shine elsewhere.

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for LFC, then he probably shouldn't. So I do expect him to leave, but only for a really significant sum. And even if on the one hand I may be glad to see a spoilt brat out of the club, on the other it'll be very disappointing to lose someone of Sterling's talents.

Exactly. The PL top 4 and Munich are in for him apparently but he is sh*te according to sections of our fan base. These clubs are in for him for a reason.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2651: May 21, 2015 09:34:19 am
      Had Ripa on ignore but then people quote him and I realise I've been missing out on comedy gold.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2652: May 21, 2015 09:39:03 am
      Had Ripa on ignore but then people quote him and I realise I've been missing out on comedy gold.

It was a genuinely wonderful post

For completely the wrong reasons

It's like he's never actually watched us play it was so far from reality

Fantastic
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2653: May 21, 2015 09:55:59 am
      I think there is often some revisionism every time a player is about to leave the club for whatever reason - he's not that good anyway, good riddance, etc. I understand everyone's anger - I am disappointed with Raheem myself - but differently to many here, I think he's a top quality player who we'll struggle to replace. His form was inconsistent this season but that is to be expected with young players; but even so he managed to be the u-21 players with most chances created in Europe. Most of the team was inconsistent as well without the excuse of being that young and played in different positions with different partners nearly every week. Give him proper partners which he can gel with like we did last season and you'll see a star in the making.

He's a natural dribbler like very few players are. His ability to get the ball under pressure and find a way through the opponents is second to none in the league. If he goes to City or Chelsea I don't think we'll see another Shaun Wright-Phillips; rather I believe we'll really regret having let him go while we watch him shine elsewhere.

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for LFC, then he probably shouldn't. So I do expect him to leave, but only for a really significant sum. And even if on the one hand I may be glad to see a spoilt brat out of the club, on the other it'll be very disappointing to lose someone of Sterling's talents.

I do agree with you, he is quality if inconsistent. If he goes to City or Chelsea, I can't see him starting every game like he does for us, which is the point everyone is making because he has a way to go in his development. In 2 or 3 years time, he will class and walking into these sides.

However, we're not really letting him go, we're trying hard not to let him go. There are a lot of rumours about how much we're offering him and whether we should give him all the money he wants etc. I personally think he made up his mind much earlier in the season that he wants to leave and no matter how much we offer him, he will move to a team with regular CL. That we failed so badly this season to drop out of contention is down to a lot of factors, both the owners and BR have to take a lot of the responsibility for our failures and hence the prospect of losing a quality player.

But to say we're letting him go is not correct. "Losing" him is a better term imo. I'm not blaming him entirely for being ambitious, but I do blame him for the way he has conducted himself. Hence I say we play hardball, force him to stay for one more season and at least get the football out of him, which will be worth far more than a risky transfer window.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2654: May 21, 2015 10:25:53 am
      Hence I say we play hardball, force him to stay for one more season and at least get the football out of him, which will be worth far more than a risky transfer window.

I would like to play "Devil's Advocate" For a moment..... Let's say we refuse to sell this season, Most of you presume that this will force him to player harder to attach suitor thus making us (LFC) more of a top four proportion.... What if it makes him more selfish and chase trying to score from impossible angles when to opportunity to pass for a tapping is on there for spurning nailed on chance to win games costing us a top four, or even a top six finish?

Plus by playing him we deny some one like Sinclair his chance to play,learn and improve for another season. This is why I for one would advocate selling him and moving on
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2655: May 21, 2015 10:32:31 am
      I would like to play "Devil's Advocate" For a moment..... Let's say we refuse to sell this season, Most of you presume that this will force him to player harder to attach suitor thus making us (LFC) more of a top four proportion.... What if it makes him more selfish and chase trying to score from impossible angles when to opportunity to pass for a tapping is on there for spurning nailed on chance to win games costing us a top four, or even a top six finish?

Plus by playing him we deny some one like Sinclair his chance to play,learn and improve for another season. This is why I for one would advocate selling him and moving on

It's a fair point about the potential for hindering Sinclair's development, but I don't worry about that too much. Sterling will provide far more than Sinclair in a crucial season when we need to start competing again.

I don't think the first point about him being selfish applies though. It's a team game and if he think he can score from a tight angle, I'd be happy for him to  have a go, if there is no chance of scoring, he will pass it. Think of it like this, if he really does try to be so selfish as to go it alone every time, he will look like a d**k, he will lose the ball regularly and he will be dropped from the side. Regardless of how good he is, rich teams don't want to spend a lot of money on a player who can't play with a team. Suarez, even though he probably knew he would move on after his last season here, gave it everything, hence Barca, not Arsenal, coughed up 75m. Sterling behaves like a petulant child and gets dropped from the side, he won't get many offers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2656: May 21, 2015 10:40:18 am
      The Scum are apparently making noises about him.
      Hope to f**k someone gives FSG a hard history lesson re Phil Chisnall April 1964  and Gabriel Heinze a couple of years back.

However.
      Its like a bird.
      If she doesnt want you she doesnt want you. Simples.

Piss off Sterling.  Your ego is as big as Rodgers .
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2657: May 21, 2015 11:41:47 am
      His agent called Carragher a knob today...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2658: May 21, 2015 11:49:26 am
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9858636/raheem-sterling-would-not-sign-a-new-liverpool-deal-for-nearly-1631m-a-week

Ward said: “I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care.

“He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing."
      What the F**k is this,what in the F***ing hell is this.I dont care how good he is or who he is,if his agent gives out statements like this than i dont wanna see him nor the player at this club,piss off!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #2659: May 21, 2015 11:50:57 am
      Exactly. The PL top 4 and Munich are in for him apparently but he is sh*te according to sections of our fan base. These clubs are in for him for a reason.

Yep.

I think the clubs being linked with him gives an idea of his quality.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2660: May 21, 2015 11:52:30 am
      What a grade A tw*t that agent is.

No way we are selling to a top 4 rival, unless they all go mad and hand us £90mill, so we can go get Bale to play with his wee pal Joe allen. ;D.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2661: May 21, 2015 12:03:51 pm
      His agent called Carragher a knob today...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Would love to see him say it to Carra's face. Absolute pisspoor excuse of a human being this guy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2662: May 21, 2015 12:06:27 pm
      Keep him for two years and stick him in the reserves.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2663: May 21, 2015 12:29:09 pm
      What a fucktard his Agent is.

Hopefully Jamie sorts him out with a crucnhing tackle.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2664: May 21, 2015 12:31:59 pm
      Farsical now. Embarrassing the club and their own name. Hope Ward loses clients after this.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2665: May 21, 2015 12:32:59 pm
      Keep him for two years and stick him in the reserves.

Feck that.... send him on loan to 3rd division. Ressies to good for this behavior.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2666: May 21, 2015 12:49:07 pm
      Loaning him to some eastern European back water would be nice.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2667: May 21, 2015 01:21:04 pm

No your confusing the word sh*te with pr*ck. Most of the fanbase think hes a pr*ck

Quick Reply