Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 377008 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,323 posts | 2855 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2599: May 19, 2015 10:02:21 pm
      Booed at an award ceremony tonight allegedly where he won young player of the year.

Only question is did they say boo or boo-urns
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2600: May 19, 2015 10:05:33 pm
      It seems pretty clear to me that he sees his career at another club what with the interviews and snippets of seemingly reliable sources out there.

If that is true, the I am fully accepting and for his sale
      In terms of his on field performances this year I think he has been slightly found out.

Last season he played with team mates that we all performing at a far higher standard than this season. Suarez was here, Daniel was fit and on fire, Coutinho was flourishing in the space and opportunities that others were providing. Gerrard was enjoying his last good season and overall we had a foundation of confidence and invention.

Now, this season, without all those elements we expected him to still deliver. He isn't that great. He has struggled. He could be a world class player in the right scenario but that situation just hasn't been there for him and his real and present level of ability and mentality has been revealed.

So, all in all, we have a very confused and unhappy player that feels that the club isn't right for him be it in present and future team mates, management and coaching, ambitions and development.

The Red shirt and this club mean far too much to me for us to have within the structure players that just don't want to it are able to commit to our future.

Does he owe us? Maybe he does but I don't really want some one at the club being emotionally wrestled into staying at anfield. I expect all the owners and employees to be utterly proud and passionate about where they get to ply their trade.
      He isn't. He hasn't been for a while

I say sell and move on. Happily.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2601: May 19, 2015 10:41:26 pm
      Total conflict of interest for EVERY Agent.

Min 40m for me. Football is daft.

Would disagree and shift him now. The dressing room is broken this season. Questionable whether there is one player playing for the club or love of the game and giving it their all. We dont need this sort of attitude around. That goes for Studge too, not saying I want him gone, but his attitude stank when he came back from Injury.

Put simply, if you dont/cant leave everything on the pitch week in week out, you shouldnt be wearing the jersey. We were so poor at home this season... AT F***ing HOME, against the lower poor teams, f**king Palace did a double over us... We need players with heart. Kuyt wasnt great but he left it all on the pitch. Lucas does it too. Players like that win you the sh*t games i.e. against 70% of the league. Great players win you the big games... we need them too.

So sick of money grabbing players.

Raheem do one and sack your Agent while your at it.

Can't disagree Karl mate, and you are spot on of course regarding Kuyt et Al, unfortunately I don't think we have anyone asides Lucas who would run thru a brick wall for us, Flanno would when fit enough probably,
      But who else honestly would, players will give 100% or as close to it , but who would give that bit extra ?
      Where are our Carra's, our Gerrards, Aggers, Kuyt's, etc, I fear for us next season, because we have to few players who actually know what it means to wear our shirt, what does it mean to them to have that liver bird on their heart ?

Who in that dressing room is going to say, listen, can you hear our fans sing YNWA, that's for us, let's go out there and show them we care too !

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4949 
      Reply #2602: May 19, 2015 11:16:43 pm
      Surely there's not a chance he plays at Stoke?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 346 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2603: May 19, 2015 11:18:24 pm
      Surely there's not a chance he plays at Stoke?

Hell no! Has to be left out, no way he can play against Stoke.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2604: May 20, 2015 12:21:20 am
      Not having him me... done F**k all for 6 months and he can go and waste his talent elsewhere. I'm all for having a pop at fsg but I believe they are offering him a good wage for his ability.

He sees his future elsewhere, think I agree with him.

Not done anything in the game to be behaving like he is, can blame the agent but they are renowned sharks in the game, bit Raheem has to take responsibility for his own career.

The best move for him is to stay but I think the best move for us now might be to sell while his value is high.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #2605: May 20, 2015 06:53:55 am
      Gerrard is on record saying Raheem is unplayable in training, you can't get near him he is so good. SO why on match day do we see him running into dead ends and blind alleys losing the ball time after time?  Is it the rest of our players are so poor they cant get near him, or is it the real Raheem Sterling is still too raw to take it onto the pitch? 
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #2606: May 20, 2015 07:16:03 am
      As talented as he his, if he wants to win silverware and play CL football rather than wearing the famous red shirt and work his socks of to achieve something then he should follow the footprints of Fernando Torres.

Good luck kiddo!

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #2607: May 20, 2015 08:47:25 am
      Gerrard is on record saying Raheem is unplayable in training, you can't get near him he is so good. SO why on match day do we see him running into dead ends and blind alleys losing the ball time after time?  Is it the rest of our players are so poor they cant get near him, or is it the real Raheem Sterling is still too raw to take it onto the pitch? 

I also remember Vladimir /Bruno cherou and Harry kewell being unplayable in training :-)
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #2608: May 20, 2015 08:56:00 am
      As far as I'm concerned,the sooner he's gone now the better. As for playing against Stoke, no way, give one of the youngsters a chance.
      Wherever he goes, he will take his agent and his attitude with him, I don't think we'll miss either!

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2609: May 20, 2015 09:38:27 am
      Getting booed at our own awards, by our own fans is pretty tasteless but the player and his agent have drove the fans to reacting like this. Absurd behaviour.

Carra got it spot on, if he wants to be at a team that wins trophies, he should have shown up at matches and helped us win them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2610: May 20, 2015 09:49:55 am
      I also remember Vladimir /Bruno cherou and Harry kewell being unplayable in training :-)

Harry Kewell was probably unplayable in training because he never trained due to injuries.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,573 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2611: May 20, 2015 10:20:08 am
      As far as I'm concerned,the sooner he's gone now the better. As for playing against Stoke, no way, give one of the youngsters a chance.
      Wherever he goes, he will take his agent and his attitude with him, I don't think we'll miss either!

Sinclair or Ojo should get a start v stoke.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2612: May 20, 2015 10:42:41 am
      The awards thing is on LFC tv and they've edited the part where Sterling gets his award. This club makes me F***ing cringe. The whole awards thing is just so F***ing cringe worthy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2613: May 20, 2015 10:48:06 am
      The awards thing is on LFC tv and they've edited the part where Sterling gets his award. This club makes me F***ing cringe. The whole awards thing is just so F***ing cringe worthy.

Same... far too smug and self indulgent considering the sh*t season we have just had.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2614: May 20, 2015 10:57:36 am

We can't have dissent from the masses being shown mate, you know how they loathe bad PR  ;D
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2615: May 20, 2015 11:20:20 am
      I am so disillusioned with football at the moment.  The media are just one part of it but the whole system is rotten to the core.

Here youā€™ve got a 20 year old lad, not even a world beater, holding our club to ransom. 

Gerrard is in the spotlight at the moment, wearing red this weekend for the last time and makes it all the more painful. 

There you have a man who has been at this club since he was 8 years old. 
      Dedicated his life to us where his talent could have had him playing the world over with TRUE greats, rather than the sh*te heā€™s had to put up with during the sh*t seasons of our past managers.

Gerrard rightly so, in my opinion, flirted with other clubs at a time where he would walk into any world 11, and he was being paid half of what he should have been.  An insult to be fair.  The board taking advantage of the postcode he grew up in and the team he supported.

But letā€™s be honest, Gerrard hasnā€™t been world class for a long time.  Him leaving though, is for me the saddest footballing event since I have followed the game. 

Possibly the last true footballer we will have at Liverpool for a long time.  Passion, glory then money.

Thereā€™s too many jumped up little shits in this game, sucking on the tit of Sky.  Demanding huge money all because they have a decent 5 minute highlight video on YouTube.  Their agents stand at their side, whispering ā€œMore Moneyā€ into their brain.  Fuelling their ego, regardless of how weak and greedy it makes them look.

Liverpool Football Club has my loyalties, not tosspots with raw talent and no desire to further it.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2616: May 20, 2015 01:04:59 pm
      After the latest episode of fans booing him, I can't see him having a future in our club. However, I say let's be ruthless with him. If he and his agent have shown themselves to be self serving pr*cks, then we f*ck them both off and force him to run down his contract. He's still our player, we pay his wages and we decide what to do. We keep him for another year and he will have to put in a good season because big clubs aren't interested in players not playing regularly or not showing consistently good form. He's still a quality player so we can take advantage of his predicament to  get the best out of him for one more season. He will leave on the cheaper next year, but if his best gets us back into contention, that so what?

I'm p*ssed with the way the club have handled him and I'm properly p*ssed at the way this little b*tch has tried to hold us to ransom. I get the fact that he may not think Liverpool are no longer a top club, and that's the owners/managers' fault, but the way he has conducted himself is absolutely dismal. We've never had to wash our dirty laundry in public so much before.

He should have kept all the contract talks behind closed doors, or put it off until summer alltogether, and put in a good shift for the club that employs him on the pitch regardless of what was going on behind the scenes. That's what dedicated professionals do. He too often went missing this year and Carra was right, he hasn't worked hard enough for us.

Doesn't have the attitude to be a Liverpool player for the long term, but does have the skills to help us for one more season. Force his hand and let him earn his "big move" by putting in a good season's shift.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2617: May 20, 2015 01:25:56 pm
      After the latest episode of fans booing him, I can't see him having a future in our club. However, I say let's be ruthless with him. If he and his agent have shown themselves to be self serving pr*cks, then we f*ck them both off and force him to run down his contract. He's still our player, we pay his wages and we decide what to do. We keep him for another year and he will have to put in a good season because big clubs aren't interested in players not playing regularly or not showing consistently good form. He's still a quality player so we can take advantage of his predicament to  get the best out of him for one more season. He will leave on the cheaper next year, but if his best gets us back into contention, that so what?

I'm p*ssed with the way the club have handled him and I'm properly p*ssed at the way this little b*tch has tried to hold us to ransom. I get the fact that he may not think Liverpool are no longer a top club, and that's the owners/managers' fault, but the way he has conducted himself is absolutely dismal. We've never had to wash our dirty laundry in public so much before.

He should have kept all the contract talks behind closed doors, or put it off until summer alltogether, and put in a good shift for the club that employs him on the pitch regardless of what was going on behind the scenes. That's what dedicated professionals do. He too often went missing this year and Carra was right, he hasn't worked hard enough for us.

Doesn't have the attitude to be a Liverpool player for the long term, but does have the skills to help us for one more season. Force his hand and let him earn his "big move" by putting in a good season's shift.

We all want to hit out at players who show no loyalty mate and in most instances I'd agree with the idea of keeping him for another two years in the hope that he puts in performances for prospective suitors but he's had the opportunity to do that this season and hasn't.  Like Carra said on MNF, trophies don't just land in your lap, you have to fight to win them even when you're playing in a better team. 

He's failed to showcase his worth and talent this season, something he did admirably last season which earnt him a call up to the senior England team and a trip to Brazil for the World Cup.  If we're keeping him to prove a point then I hope he doesn't get a single senior game with us after the attitude he's shown, otherwise sell him and get him the hell out of Melwood before he ruins his team mates too.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2618: May 20, 2015 01:38:52 pm
      We all want to hit out at players who show no loyalty mate and in most instances I'd agree with the idea of keeping him for another two years in the hope that he puts in performances for prospective suitors but he's had the opportunity to do that this season and hasn't.  Like Carra said on MNF, trophies don't just land in your lap, you have to fight to win them even when you're playing in a better team. 

He's failed to showcase his worth and talent this season, something he did admirably last season which earnt him a call up to the senior England team and a trip to Brazil for the World Cup.  If we're keeping him to prove a point then I hope he doesn't get a single senior game with us after the attitude he's shown, otherwise sell him and get him the hell out of Melwood before he ruins his team mates too.

But reddebs, he'll have to "earn" his big money move so will have to play his socks off right? If he isn't putting in a shift, then he doesn't get in the squad anyway and that will be a nice little reminder to other players of that if you behave unprofessionally and don't work hard for the team, you're frozen out.

My perception is that he isn't personally a bad kid and he isn't disruptive in the changing room, so it won't harm to keep him. If he gets his head together, he can make a difference and help us next year. If he doesn't, he doesn't get to play. Either way, I hope the club don't just give into such behaviour because not only does it make us look weak, it sets a precedent to others who think they can hold us to ransom.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2619: May 20, 2015 01:45:47 pm
      Sinclair or Ojo should get a start v stoke.
      I Agree with....
      Sterling for what ever reason has decided his future lays else where, whether that is down to his agents or bad advice from his colleagues, but either way we do not need the disruption in the team, and by trying to keep him against his will only leads to more and deprives other of getting their chance to play, and thus improve we should remember Sterling is a good little player, but not a great one.

We should  sale Sterling as soon as possible. If City want him and are will to pay Ā£40m plus sale him and move on. I wonder why Alvaro Negredo was loaned to Valencia and if some sought of deal might be done there? but if not then as i have said before; sit on the money until we find a quality player willing to come to 'pool maybe Bastian Schweinsteiger, and not just waste it on any old player, give both Sinclair or Ojo more game time and more of a roll..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2620: May 20, 2015 01:58:50 pm
      But reddebs, he'll have to "earn" his big money move so will have to play his socks off right? If he isn't putting in a shift, then he doesn't get in the squad anyway and that will be a nice little reminder to other players of that if you behave unprofessionally and don't work hard for the team, you're frozen out.

My perception is that he isn't personally a bad kid and he isn't disruptive in the changing room, so it won't harm to keep him. If he gets his head together, he can make a difference and help us next year. If he doesn't, he doesn't get to play. Either way, I hope the club don't just give into such behaviour because not only does it make us look weak, it sets a precedent to others who think they can hold us to ransom.

I don't think he believes he does have to earn it mate because if he did, he'd have put a shift in this season when the field was wide open for him to step up and get his move, just like Luis did last season and ladyboy did at the mancs.

If we're keeping him till his contract runs down then it doesn't really matter if he plays or not as we're not going to get any fee for him other than compensation.  By all means try him out early doors and see what his mindset is but pull him immediately if he starts playing silly beggars.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2621: May 20, 2015 02:16:00 pm
      but pull him immediately if he starts playing silly beggars.

That I'd agree with and sell him in January anyway.

Quick Reply