Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Elbow of Gerrard

Read 11154 times
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Re: The Elbow of Gerrard
      Reply #115: Mar 18, 2010 07:04:11 am

I dont' know if you encountered them in person, as if you met them in person, it will be humiliating to actually admit it, but browsing their forum, most do
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Mar 18, 2010 07:08:23 am

I dont' know if you encountered them in person, as if you met them in person, it will be humiliating to actually admit it, but browsing their forum, most do

Ok, manc.

How many times did Rooney get away with his two foot challenges last season? And Ronaldo with his whinging got how many free kicks from sheer pressure on the referee. And it was all fair game when they get away with it, which is every week.

Gerrard gets away with something that was the correct decision in the rule book and the Mancs rise as one 'Hold on! We're paying you ref's to help us out!'
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #117: Mar 18, 2010 07:11:48 am

And you'll find a lot of us said Gerrard was reckless as well, but we said he shouldn't be reprimanded as we were on the receiving end of a sh*t tackle from bosingwa against chelsea, where he kung-fu'd Yossi in the back.

Not to mention Masch also getting an elbow in the Pompey game as well.

And what are you doing browsing manc forums to know that anyways?

Oh, and one of my best mates in Australia is a manc, and he rarely admits to anything.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #118: Mar 18, 2010 07:14:31 am
      And you'll find a lot of us said Gerrard was reckless as well, but we said he shouldn't be reprimanded as we were on the receiving end of a sh*t tackle from bosingwa against chelsea, where he kung-fu'd Yossi in the back.

Oh, and one of my best mates in Australia is a manc, and he rarely admits to anything.

Off course my Manc supporting mate would rather die than to admit it in my face.

Likewise I'd rather had a knuckle fight than to admit it infront of them. Only among us we say it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #119: Mar 18, 2010 07:16:41 am
      Off course my Manc supporting mate would rather die than to admit it in my face.

Likewise I'd rather had a knuckle fight than to admit it infront of them. Only among us we say it.

Where-as when a Liverpool player makes a rash move, i admit it to whoever im watching with being it manc, chav, butter etc.

But thats just me.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #120: Mar 18, 2010 09:01:15 am
      Alot of blunoses are slabbering away about it saying its a disgrace how stevie gets away with these sort of things! They seem to have short memories, they seem to forget they have one of the dirtiest players in the prem in fellaini! The elbow he threw at turner seems to be forgotten very quickly!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Mar 18, 2010 09:32:18 am
      It was a dirty game from Portsmouth and the only disgrace was that the ref let them away with so much. Brown's rugby tackle for one. Gerrard in the clear for the weekend so happy days
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #122: Mar 18, 2010 09:41:38 am

That was ABH with Masch in the Portsmouth game and nothing said, maybe the ref missed it but it was caught on camera and entirely malicious so why wasn't the f**ker done in retrospect?
      The carry on at OT is mad and they all get involved from the arl pisshead to the spectators,the FA had to bring in disciplinary measures to stop players massing around the ref screaming at him for minutes on end to intimidate him and waste time, that was because it was normal procedure at OT and was embarrassingly wrong but manUre overplayed it as is their way and the FA were forced to act.
      They still carry on like that but are more subtle or devious with their cheating.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #123: Mar 18, 2010 11:46:35 am
      To be honest, at the time I thought Stevie was a very lucky man for getting away with it. Don't get me wrong, I praise him for who he did it to but I still think he got away with it very easily. Credit to the FA for letting him away with it ;D. Would have been very angry, though, if it was an opposition player who had done it to one of our players and got away with it.
      buckers229
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #124: Mar 18, 2010 09:38:15 pm
      Saw the incident live didn't think much of it, never saw the replay of it though.

Brown was being dirty with Gerrard the whole game constantly tugging, pulling and kicking him so he deserved whatever he got.

So what do you guys think, with such an important match coming on Sunday will the red nosed one get chummy with his mates in the FA and force their hand in to a Gerrard ban?
      Having seen the replay several times now, although I don't condone elbowing etc. Michael Brown had no intention of doing anything other than flooring gerrard one way or another. In fact he looked round and was about to swing his arm into steven gerrard.

Michael Brown is a dirty, disgusting player who has a long history of foul play, and numerous red cards, which originates from when he played under Neil Warnock. So although Gerrard should have been carded,probably red, Michael Brown got what he deserved as a far as I'm concerned and everyone knows it ;D, probably cause he headbutted xabi alonzo few years back!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #125: Mar 19, 2010 10:00:59 am

:f_bluelight:
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #126: Mar 19, 2010 02:16:45 pm
      Just heard on SSn that Fergu-scum has condoned the FA for not punishing Stevie.....

F**k Off Fergie you two faced tw*t
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #127: Mar 20, 2010 08:16:54 pm
      Just heard on SSn that Fergu-scum has condoned the FA for not punishing Stevie.....

Ferguson owns the FA right? ... :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #128: Mar 20, 2010 08:48:01 pm
      Mark Lawrenson was saying on Football Focus that he totally agrees with Fergie :f_steam:

Why is is they miss out the fact that the player who elbowed Masch in the face wasn't sent off and the fact that Brown started to foul Gerrard first where as Rio just intentionally swung round and floored the Hull player.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #129: Mar 20, 2010 08:51:11 pm
      Mark Lawrenson is Fergie's personal arse kisser.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #130: Mar 20, 2010 09:46:46 pm

Can understand him being pissed, given Rio was hit with a 4 matcher for something similar
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #131: Mar 20, 2010 10:04:23 pm
      Ferguson as usual is playing mind games ..he isnt having a go at the FA...he knows damn well the scum loving media will hype it to death ahead of the game to try to put Gerrard off...Ferguson is so transparent you could make a window out of him.
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #132: Mar 20, 2010 10:06:55 pm
      Ferguson as usual is playing mind games ..he isnt having a go at the FA...he knows damn well the scum loving media will hype it to death ahead of the game to try to put Gerrard off...Ferguson is so transparent you could make a window out of him.

Rafa is playing the cool game taking everything Fergie's throiwing at him showing the real experience needed before huge derby games.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #133: Mar 20, 2010 10:26:01 pm

wont have any effect on Gerrard
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #134: Mar 20, 2010 11:02:41 pm
      Talking about Ferguson ^^^^
      I was watchhing the review of the Sunday papers you get on Sky on a Sunday morning last week, and one of the journalists said that at the press briefing on the Friday morning for the Sundays, only three news-papers were given access (mainly because of stories some had run the previous week about the protest group. Which of coarse only provoked a few chuckles, although you can imagine the contrast if Liverpool or Arsenal dished out similar treatment)
      So question for you - did anyone know this kind of thing was common-place at Old Trafford???? (Although it should come as no surprise given his grace hasn't spoke to the BBC in 10 years)

Journalists are sh*t-feared of Ferguson, and you can half understand why.
      I mean ffs - one of the pillars of any democracy is freedom of the press - but of coarse that,like most other principles dont apply to Sir Furious -  please Sir Alex, hurry up and retire already
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010 11:08:25 pm by Henrik577 »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #135: Mar 21, 2010 12:08:50 am
      Lets be honest, it was a dirty one!! but it aint a crime if you don't get caught  ;D

Quick Reply