Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Get Finnan Back At Anfield

Read 4799 times
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Re: Get Finnan Back At Anfield
      Reply #46: Mar 25, 2010 01:23:49 am
      Are they the ones who negotiate, deal with contracts and agree transfer deals?

so Purslow can you out and spend £40M on a striker and to F**k with H&G - of coarse all major deals go through the owners
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Mar 25, 2010 01:24:14 am
      Arby, Owen, Hicks etc. Thought this was about Finnan?

Keep it on topic ey? ;)
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #48: Mar 25, 2010 01:25:34 am
      This thread is a waste of time,no positive debate possible,so should be locked,to avoid the inevitable drivvel.

agree!

btw, lets bring back pennant to replace kuyt :)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #49: Mar 25, 2010 01:26:29 am
      They may have the final say but that wasn't my point. You said they (whoever deals with transfer negotiations) should've asked for more money for Arbeloa. My argument was that this is their job and I'm pretty sure they'd try to get as much money as possible. For some reason you appear to think that you'd be able to get a better deal yourself.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 25, 2010 01:28:49 am
      They may have the final say but that wasn't my point. You said they (whoever deals with transfer negotiations) should've asked for more money for Arbeloa. My argument was that this is their job and I'm pretty sure they'd try to get as much money as possible. For some reason you appear to think that you'd be able to get a better deal yourself.

Fair enough - but if a club who can afford £80M for one player can't improve on £3M then I'd have said thanks but no thanks (If we'd have tried hard enough, I'm sure we could have got ~£3M for Degen if it was a matter of balancing the books)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,021 posts | 3352 
      Reply #51: Mar 25, 2010 01:36:03 am
      Fair enough - but if a club who can afford £80M for one player can't improve on £3M then I'd have said thanks but no thanks (If we'd have tried hard enough, I'm sure we could have got ~£3M for Degen if it was a matter of balancing the books)

It was F**k all about balancing the books.

Arbeloa had 1 year left on his deal, we wanted some money for him so we had to sell when we did. So because we were in need to sell him quickly in order to get a fee for him, we were in no position to make demands of a high fee because Madrid would just say "F**k off, we'll get him for nothing next year."

If Arby had three or four years left then we'd be in a position to call the shots, as it was his final year we had to take whatever Madrid were willing to offer. If you look at the Alonso deal (that was between the same two clubs) we were able to demand a much higher fee because of how long he had left on his current deal. Arby didn't, so we had to take whatever we could or end up with F**k all for a lad who'd been a very good player for us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #52: Mar 25, 2010 01:54:25 am
      Remember in the first couple of posts when this topic was about Steve Finnan.

No, neither do I.

Topic Locked.

I very much doubt we will be bringing in a 36 year old right back to 'solve' our left back problems.

Quick Reply