Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Rafa : I have no cash for a summer spree

Read 12081 times
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Rafa : I have no cash for a summer spree
      Mar 27, 2010 01:05:46 pm
      Rafael Benitez does not expect his Liverpool transfer kitty to be adversely affected if his club does not qualify for the Champions League this season – only because he has precious few funds to play with in the first place.

Benitez was advised at the start of the season that he could do little more than spend the money he generated, hence the purchases of Alberto Aquilani and Glen Johnson only once outgoing deals for Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa had been settled.

The manager has also spent a relatively small amount bringing Maxi Rodriguez and Sotirios Kyrgiakos to Merseyside yet he is anything but the last of the big spenders.

Not finishing fourth is currently unthinkable yet if they do not make it, he expects no reduction in his war chest only because he is determined not to miss what he never had.

"They [the owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks] told me before that it didn't make a big difference [if we don't qualify]. Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn't made a big difference so if we don't qualify this time I don't expect a big difference."

A failure to qualify for the Champions League would be a stark wake-up call to the fact that the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Aston Villa are now all genuine contenders. The hegemony of the old Big Four looks to be over – with Liverpool the principal victims – yet Benitez has not given up faith that a strong end of season can restore their position among the elite.

"It could go to the very end," he said. "I don't know which teams will be there. Hopefully it will be Liverpool and maybe another one but now there are four and maybe five teams involved so it is important to remain calm."

He also confirmed that Albert Riera's time at Anfield is almost up after he publicly criticised the Liverpool manager last week. Benitez said Riera could be sent out on loan.

What happened to the 20 million he was promised for the "big" summer?

On the other hand

Rafa makes budget claim
      Anfield boss puts faith in experience to prevail in top-four pursuit
      Rafa Benitez has claimed next season's transfer budget will not be affected if Liverpool finish outside the top four in the Premier League.

The Spaniard suggested he has not benefited from five successive qualifications to the UEFA Champions League in terms of the money he is given to invest.

The Reds have enjoyed sitting at Europe's top table since Benitez arrived in 2004, but their place is under serious threat this season and failure to qualify would set the debt-laden club back a reported £20million.

But the Spanish tactician, whose side are four points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham having a played a game more, insists the Merseysiders' spending plans will not be restricted if they do not return to Europe's elite competition next term after speaking to the owners.

"They told me before that it [Champions League qualification] didn't make a big difference [to his transfer budget]," the Liverpool manager said in The Guardian.

"Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn't made a big difference so if we don't qualify this time I don't expect it to make a big difference."

Benitez, who earlier in the campaign guaranteed Liverpool would finish fourth, has hinted that Spurs are favourites for the final Champions League berth but the former Valencia boss maintains that the Reds' greater experience could prevail.

"Everything can change in one or two weeks. You have to be calm and try to do your job," he said. "For us our experience could be key.

"It depends on each team. Spurs are in a good position now and maybe City will be if they win one game, so it will be close. It could go to the very end."
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 01:11:15 pm by cezar_sl »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Rafa : I have no cash for a summer spree
      Reply #1: Mar 27, 2010 01:12:48 pm
      Rafael Benitez does not expect his Liverpool transfer kitty to be adversely affected if his club does not qualify for the Champions League this season – only because he has precious few funds to play with in the first place.

Benitez was advised at the start of the season that he could do little more than spend the money he generated, hence the purchases of Alberto Aquilani and Glen Johnson only once outgoing deals for Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa had been settled.

The manager has also spent a relatively small amount bringing Maxi Rodriguez and Sotirios Kyrgiakos to Merseyside yet he is anything but the last of the big spenders.

Not finishing fourth is currently unthinkable yet if they do not make it, he expects no reduction in his war chest only because he is determined not to miss what he never had.

"They [the owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks] told me before that it didn't make a big difference [if we don't qualify]. Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn't made a big difference so if we don't qualify this time I don't expect a big difference."

A failure to qualify for the Champions League would be a stark wake-up call to the fact that the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Aston Villa are now all genuine contenders. The hegemony of the old Big Four looks to be over – with Liverpool the principal victims – yet Benitez has not given up faith that a strong end of season can restore their position among the elite.

"It could go to the very end," he said. "I don't know which teams will be there. Hopefully it will be Liverpool and maybe another one but now there are four and maybe five teams involved so it is important to remain calm."

He also confirmed that Albert Riera's time at Anfield is almost up after he publicly criticised the Liverpool manager last week. Benitez said Riera could be sent out on loan.

What happened to the 20 million he was promised for the "big" summer?

I don't think it actually says we don't have money to spend in the summer. Just that it won't make a big difference to the budget if we don't finish in the top four.

Mind you, that is an indication that if we did, the money would just go straight into the yanks pockets.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 27, 2010 01:14:55 pm
      That was just the title from the site.
      Added a second source that says basically the same thing, but draws a different conclusion.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: Mar 27, 2010 01:20:01 pm
      Rafa is spot on here. The owners do not fund him in anyway and any players that are brought in are brought in through selling players. It's now getting to the point where everyone outside AND inside the club are now having a pop at the owners. David Fairclough, Phil Neal, Steve Nicol, Phil Thompson and Torres have all questioned the owner's funding of the team and now Rafa has came out and told them what he thinks. I just hope it doesn't cost him his job.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4: Mar 27, 2010 02:23:25 pm
      So the gaffa aint getting into any bidding wars! if there are any bids.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #5: Mar 27, 2010 02:56:03 pm
      Thought this was an interesting read as well. (Didn't think it was worth starting a thread considering there was one made along the lines of it here.)

Rafa reveals title-tilt plan

Reds boss keen to bring quality through transfer window and academy

Rafa Benitez insists plans are underway for Liverpool to become title-challengers next season.

The Reds boss has already made inroads in the transfer market for next season with a pre-contract agreed with Standard Liege forward Milan Jovanovic, while Jose Reina and Javier Mascherano are set to sign their deals at Anfield in the next month.

The Merseysiders have already secured the future of their key men in the last 12 months with forwards Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt,midfielder Steven Gerrard and defender Daniel Agger on new long-term contracts.

Torres, Liverpool's star striker, said on Saturday that he thinks the Reds need to bring in new additions in the summer.

And Benitez, whose side have failed to build from last season's second-place finish and are currently sixth in the table, is keen to bring more quality to Anfield in the summer to complement his current squad.

Plan

"It was the idea last year to extend contracts," said the Spanish tactician, who will be hoping for maximum points in Sunday's visit of Sunderland.

"It is the same this year to guarantee the spine of the team is there and, afterwards, try to bring in some good players to hopefully improve.

"With some players we are looking two or three years ahead, you have to be ready and prepare more or less the squad.

"In terms of the first team, to guarantee the extension of some players is enough to bring in the right players.

"We are always planning for the future. You can make mistakes but at least you have a plan.

"So if we don't make mistakes in the transfer window or if the [new] players settle down with this group of players we have at the moment we will improve."

Future

Benitez is also keen to bring players through from Liverpool's youth system and finding stars from the academy may become more important if the club's struggle to qualify for the Champions League becomes the norm rather than the exception.

The club have been criticised for not producing a first-team player since Gerrard and Jamie Carragher came through the ranks over a decade ago.

One of the conditions Benitez agreed on before signing his new five-year contract early last summer was that he gained control of the whole developmental side of the club.

He is keen for that to become a success and play a more central part in the long-term strategy at Liverpool.

"This is the first year I am in charge of the academy and we are trying to improve and bring players from the academy," he added.

"We need some time. The reserve team are doing well so these players will be the future of the club."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6057202,00.html?
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 27, 2010 03:56:09 pm
      Great news , the sad demise of this great club makes me sick , owned by Laurel & Hardy and managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we  have ever had . Some top players being held back by piss poor squad players , not long before we are overtook by the likes of Everton/villa /spurs / city , midtable finishes are just something we have to get used to .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 884 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7: Mar 27, 2010 07:14:14 pm
      The two Yank bas**rds promised a big kitty for the summer transfer window and we ain't getting anything. Let's put the pressure on these clowns
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Mar 27, 2010 07:19:44 pm
      Not said anything we didn't already know.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Mar 27, 2010 09:26:57 pm
      The two Yank bas**rds promised a big kitty for the summer transfer window and we ain't getting anything. Let's put the pressure on these clowns

That is unacceptable. If don't spend big this summer we are doomed. WE already seeing the effect of not being there last few seasons. Its going to go much worse before it could get better with the reserves making the grade.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Mar 27, 2010 10:04:43 pm
      Stop driving our club into mediocrity you robbing yank b@st@rds. Yes its great to see the youth system get overhauled but we stil need investment this summer. I mean forget players even spurs will have a new stadium before us at this rate
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Mar 27, 2010 10:17:26 pm
      What is this big summer that tw*t hicks was talking about.
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 27, 2010 10:22:39 pm
      hey anyone surprised anymore?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #13: Mar 27, 2010 10:45:13 pm
      Great news , the sad demise of this great club makes me sick , owned by Laurel & Hardy and managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we  have ever had . Some top players being held back by piss poor squad players , not long before we are overtook by the likes of Everton/villa /spurs / city , midtable finishes are just something we have to get used to .
      Get a grip for fucks sake you start by condemning the owners rightfully so and then you round on the manager who is prevented from doing his job by the idiots who are driving the club into the ground.The manager can only work with the none existant budget available confirmed by the news that he has no money in the summer to spend on signings.
      Where is the evidence that he has had more money to spend than any other manager?
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 10:50:56 pm by stuey »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Mar 27, 2010 11:34:12 pm
      Get a grip for fucks sake you start by condemning the owners rightfully so and then you round on the manager who is prevented from doing his job by the idiots who are driving the club into the ground.The manager can only work with the none existant budget available confirmed by the news that he has no money in the summer to spend on signings.
      Where is the evidence that he has had more money to spend than any other manager?
      Mate this is yet another sh*te post.I worry for this club,if we have so called fans.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #15: Mar 28, 2010 12:11:57 am
      Mate this is yet another sh*te post.I worry for this club,if we have so called fans.
      Tell you what mate these don't qualify as supporters.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 28, 2010 02:11:50 am
      just think we are sliding down the slippery pole similar to leeds. no champions league next year star players leave manager sacked. if all those scenarios come about things look grim. plus the financial ramifications are not good. take the other viewpoint we win all our remaining games and we secure 4th place. we get 30 million and buy villa. pacheo blossoms into the ultimate striker. result 1st place next season
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 28, 2010 03:19:23 am
      No suprises but the worry for me is that our squad is so thin that we will probably only have the riera money to buy new player(s)!
      So what, 10 million to spend in the summer?? I think the only hope is that the squad really settles and gels in the summer, and that we avoid an injry crisis next season.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 28, 2010 03:22:17 am
      just think we are sliding down the slippery pole similar to leeds. no champions league next year star players leave manager sacked. if all those scenarios come about things look grim. plus the financial ramifications are not good. take the other viewpoint we win all our remaining games and we secure 4th place. we get 30 million and buy villa. pacheo blossoms into the ultimate striker. result 1st place next season

HA!! if you believe what the article and benitez said there will be little effect on the transfer budget, so getting 30 million and villa is nothing more than a dream.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19: Mar 28, 2010 07:15:09 am
      Leeds got them selves into trouble by writing blank cheques and spending money they didn't have on players. We definitely haven't been overspending on players.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Mar 28, 2010 07:44:48 am
      Leeds were operating at a loss we arent. Ditch the owners for some proper investors and we will recover. If not they will bleed us dry
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Mar 28, 2010 08:11:05 am
      No matter where we finish he'll still have to fund his squad through a buy and sell policy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #22: Mar 28, 2010 10:09:54 am
      It puzzles me that people plan on anticipated monies from league positioning and player sales yet the manager operates an enforced sell to buy policy, if the manager received any of said monies he would have no reason to implement such measures. Nothing has happened to affect the situation so the club remains on the slippery slope thanks in no small part to Messrs H&G.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2010 10:15:33 am by stuey »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: Mar 28, 2010 10:28:30 am
      For me it just highlights the transfer policy we work under, It's all cloak and dagger until the window closes, then the realism is you have just about broke evens or made a profit and that says it all, "It's no way to run a club with the history and tradition of ours, that have Domestic & European Ambitions, and theres only Two people to blame for that Rafael Benitez is not one of them"
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2010 03:12:37 am
      To be fair to the yanks,

They do fund him 17M for Johnson (Part payment etc is still considered asset), mind you that we have no hindsight at that time that we will be selling Alonso or Portmouth going bust.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2010 08:40:20 am
      Anyone that claims that Rafa somehow has had an unprecidented budget to spend clearly has no idea what they are talking about
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #26: Mar 29, 2010 11:28:11 am

managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we  have ever had .

I won't even waste my breath. ignorance personified.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #27: Mar 29, 2010 11:41:35 am
      Great news , the sad demise of this great club makes me sick , owned by Laurel & Hardy and managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we have ever had.

Pure utter bullshit, Houllier had far more in a season to spend than Rafa ever has.

Was worked out on Radio last night, that he's had around £20 million a season to spend, and let's face it thats is money recouped by the man himself.

But with those six steps back, he's still managed to bring in success and a title challenge far more than Souness, Evans or Houllier did.

And Rafa's title-challenge was a lot closer than Ged's ever was!
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 03:34:58 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2010 11:44:29 am
      To be fair to the yanks,

They do fund him 17M for Johnson (Part payment etc is still considered asset), mind you that we have no hindsight at that time that we will be selling Alonso or Portmouth going bust.

They funded F**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #29: Mar 29, 2010 12:01:12 pm
      In fact, Rafa's care in balancing the budget has reduced the deterioration in the financial situation at Anfield instigated when Little and Large bought the club by piling debt on Liverpool and placing us in hock to the bankers and other gobsh*tes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #30: Mar 30, 2010 12:51:29 am
      They funded F**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.
      Is correct Daz they have not parted with a cent, quite the reverse in that they have used monies generated by LFC to service their debts.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 30, 2010 12:59:03 am
      Can I just say.  It doesn't say he's not getting much money. It reads that whether we finish 4th or not he will still have roughly the same budget.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2010 01:28:01 am
      Dirt bag yankee doodles out now. I never had a problem with yanks till those steaming turds took over. No wonder the world F***ing hates em. They destroy everything, rape it, then F**k off leaving everyone else to clean up their sh*t grasp on the english language sh*te. bas**rds.  :f_steam:

Sorry for the caps.  :angel:
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2010 01:30:31 am
      Can I just say.  It doesn't say he's not getting much money. It reads that whether we finish 4th or not he will still have roughly the same budget.

Going on the turds previous. I'd say that amounts to f 'all.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2010 04:33:11 am
      They funded f**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.

It doesn't work that way in a corporation, you make profit doesn't mean you can spend it all.

I'm not claiming the Yanks are angels, nah I hate them.

But fair play, 17.5M budget is there at the start of the season. Whether or not Rafa got bolstered when asking more, that I'm sure not. But to say he have not have a transfer budget is wrong.

Besides, the Mancs sold the winker for 80M, does it means that SAF has 80 + 20 (assuming his original budget) to spend?

Players are bought under corporation (LFC that is) and when sold, it's all goes to corporation profit.

If you're claiming Rafa are entitled to it, then you should assume that he's entitled to the loss of selling Keane, Dossena, etc?

It goes both way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2010 09:19:52 am
      There are so many holes in the previous post, I'll rephrase that there are numerous convenient gaps in the previous post which leaves  me to wonder if there is a reason for the omissions.

My thoughts exactly Racer only a manc would use SAF.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2010 02:59:11 pm by stuey »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2010 11:15:38 am

Old whiskey nose? Only a manc would refer to him like that
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2010 03:42:19 pm
      It doesn't work that way in a corporation, you make profit doesn't mean you can spend it all.

Mate do you have any real Idea of how much Rafa has spent since he took over at Anfield, perhaps you'd like me to point you to a thread where I have stripped it bare for all to see ?

Perhaps you'd like to know since H&G took ownership of Liverpool F.C Rafa has had a Yearly average net spend of 10 million per season, thats an average transfer window net spend of 5 million per window.

Is that good enough for any Club that has Domestic & European Ambitions ?
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #38: Mar 30, 2010 04:06:03 pm
      Mate do you have any real Idea of how much Rafa has spent since he took over at Anfield, perhaps you'd like me to point you to a thread where I have stripped it bare for all to see ?

I do, and need some proper figures to show some wallys their figures are wrong. This isn't a wind up. I would appreciate the name of the thread, if you have it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #39: Mar 30, 2010 04:07:25 pm

Perhaps you'd like to know since H&G took ownership of Liverpool F.C Rafa has had a Yearly average net spend of 10 million per season, that's an average transfer window net spend of 5 million per window.

Is that good enough for any Club that has Domestic & European Ambitions ?
      Well yeah.Benitez has spent Fuckall in the last 2 transfer windows.

But his tactics have been suspicious all season.It's like doing the right things at the right time.He has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani and still pursuing the combination of two DM's on the Field.Still playing Kuyt who has been Abysmal all season.He should've been dropped long ago but he is still playing .

You can't put all the blame on the YANKS even though they are Bitches or on the lack of funds.It has been a sh*t season and Rafa has played his part in it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #40: Mar 30, 2010 04:09:32 pm
      Besides, the Mancs sold the winker for 80M, does it means that SAF has 80 + 20 (assuming his original budget) to spend?

I'd say that £80 million went someways to clearing some of their debt!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #41: Mar 30, 2010 04:10:09 pm

But his tactics have been suspicious all season.It's like doing the right things at the right time.He has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani and still pursuing the combination of two DM's on the Field.Still playing Kuyt who has been Abysmal all season.He should've been dropped long ago but he is still playing .

You can't put all the blame on the YANKS even though they are Bitches or on the lack of funds.It has been a sh*t season and Rafa has played his part in it.

We'll bow down to your managerial know-how then sir!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #42: Mar 30, 2010 04:13:09 pm
      We'll bow down to your managerial know-how then sir!
      Oh,I Forgot..We should be Worshiping Rafa here :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #43: Mar 30, 2010 04:20:12 pm
      Oh,I Forgot..We should be Worshiping Rafa here :laugh:

Am not worshipping him, but you F***ing mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the F***ing players, they're professionals, not F***ing kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

It's the yanks fault, lack of investment, lack of leadership in the boardroom, the fact we haven't had one single boardroom meeting since the tw*ts took over - but it's Rafa's fault - he plays Lucas.

Dig your head out of the F***ing sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he F***ing cares!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Mar 30, 2010 04:24:24 pm
      Am not worshipping him, but you F***ing mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the F***ing players, they're professionals, not F***ing kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

It's the yanks fault, lack of investment, lack of leadership in the boardroom, the fact we haven't had one single boardroom meeting since the tw*ts took over - but it's Rafa's fault - he plays Lucas.

Dig your head out of the F***ing sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he F***ing cares!

Have a +.

Not to mention this corker:

has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani

The Italian has been fully fit? He's puking his guts out every week with a virus! Not to mention the injury he incurred with his ankle for most of the season, and probably still now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Mar 30, 2010 04:32:58 pm
      Am not worshipping him, but you f**king mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the f**king players, they're professionals, not f**king kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

Dig your head out of the f**king sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he f**king cares!

I'd give ya two pluses for this if I could. Oh wait....Give it six hours
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #46: Mar 30, 2010 04:41:11 pm

[/quote]
      Am not worshipping him, but you f**king mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the f**king players, they're professionals, not f**king kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

Dig your head out of the f**king sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he f**king cares!

Listen Fella,
      I still support our manager. I Still F**kin back him and will do no matter what happens.So you are talkin about last season and that two DM Thingy.It was Alonso for FFS not Lucas.The Guy is the best passer in the Game and was the best LFC player last Season.Put this into your thick head.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Mar 30, 2010 05:02:53 pm
      I do, and need some proper figures to show some wallys their figures are wrong. This isn't a wind up. I would appreciate the name of the thread, if you have it.

You'll find it here mate

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=25582.msg517309#msg517309

Exactly and the fact Rafa has spent F**k all in the past two season has made our squad thread bare when we have been through one of the worst injury crisis I have seen in 25 years at Anfield.

So we'll skip all the sh*t you put the middle as do you not think with proper investment over two seasons Rafa's job may have been made that little bit F***ing easier when choosing his tactics had he had the strength in depth and funding that them two lying bas**rds promised us.

So yes I can put all the blame at the two Yanks they are the cancer thats eating away it this club by placing huge debts on us and using money that club has generated to pay for itself other than dip into their own pockets (money that could be getting used to strengthen the squad), not to mention their broken F***ing promises.

But of course in your world that has no bearing on what happens on the pitch right ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #48: Mar 30, 2010 05:14:50 pm
      Have to file that Daz for future reference.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #49: Mar 30, 2010 05:15:47 pm
      You'll find it here mate

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=25582.msg517309#msg517309

Exactly and the fact Rafa has spent f**k all in the past two season has made our squad thread bare when we have been through one of the worst injury crisis I have seen in 25 years at Anfield.

So we'll skip all the sh*t you put the middle as do you not think with proper investment over two seasons Rafa's job may have been made that little bit f**king easier when choosing his tactics had he had the strength in depth and funding that them two lying bas**rds promised us.

So yes I can put all the blame at the two Yanks they are the cancer thats eating away it this club by placing huge debts on us and using money that club has generated to pay for itself other than dip into their own pockets (money that could be getting used to strengthen the squad), not to mention their broken f**king promises.

But of course in your world that has no bearing on what happens on the pitch right ?
      It doesn't make me proud to be in a lynch mob and I don't like to think I am in one. I have been a supporter of Rafael Benitez since his time at Liverpool and still am, He has done alot of good for this club and that will always outweigh the bad.

I don't have any issue with his transfer policy, he has brought in very good players and rebuilt a team from scratch, now thats gotta be hard at this level while still maintaining a top 4 place.

We have not spent much.Actually we have made sales profit this year. which is quite disturbing to see. and our roster would have to be the one of the most expensive. Torres would have to go close to the most expensive player in the prem. The stature of this club has almost been restored to it's former glory.

For a tactician and match day specialist it's his tactics and subs that really bother me, I find some of his decisions quite baffling.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Mar 30, 2010 05:18:42 pm
      t doesn't make me proud to be in a lynch mob and I don't like to think I am in one. I have been a supporter of Rafael Benitez since his time at Liverpool and still am, He has done alot of good for this club and that will always outweigh the bad.

I don't have any issue with his transfer policy, he has brought in very good players and rebuilt a team from scratch, now thats gotta be hard at this level while still maintaining a top 4 place.

We have not overspent and our roster would have to be the one of the most expensive. Torres would have to go close to the most expensive player in the prem. The stature of this club has almost been restored to it's former glory.

For a tactician and match day specialist it's his tactics and subs that really bother me, I find some of his decisions quite baffling.

Rafa is the man fighting to keep us afloat at the moment. Also takes most of the flak away from the owners too. No wonder they keep him. Oh but blame it on the backroom staff and how they cant afford to sack him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Mar 30, 2010 05:24:24 pm

The same applies with everyone and we are a fickle bunch, as when the team are in good form and Rafa similarly baffling substitutions we hail him as a "Tactical Genius", then when things go wrong we "Question his ability as a manager".

However I believe making a substitution is a gamble some times it can have the effect you are looking for sometimes it can come to the detriment of the team, its a win some loose scenario.

Its been a hard long season that has been blighted by more than substitutions & tactics, theres so much being going on that of course has a detrimental on a managers ability to manage the lack of investment over two seasons being a big part in that, to stay competitive you have to spend whilst those around are you spending or stand you still or worse even, you go backwards.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #52: Mar 30, 2010 05:28:40 pm

Its been a hard long season that has been blighted by more than substitutions & tactics, theres so much being going on that of course has a detrimental on a managers ability to manage the lack of investment over two seasons being a big part in that, to stay competitive you have to spend whilst those around are you spending or stand you still or worse even, you go backwards.
      think the lack of investment is getting them all down. Gerrard\Torres/Mascherano

The infection at the top is now filtering its way through the club.

However, that does not excuse the quality of player we have producing the drivel we are being foced to watch.

Nor does it excuse a manager who came here and made us a side that passed the ball and control games turning into a  negative, ambition-less kick it away merchant which is what Benitex has become this season.

Our goals for in the last 8 away league games are 0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0.

In that time we've played sides like Pompey, Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan so not exactly top notchers and yet Rafa still refuses to adopt a positive approach and send the team out fired up to chase early goals.

If he's not prepared to change that approach then we have no prospects of winning the title and he might as well go. I'm not interested in chasing the top 4 every year and being satisfied with that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Mar 30, 2010 05:30:47 pm
      -----------------------------Reina---------------------------------

Johnson------------Carragher----------Agger---------Insua

-----------------------Mascha--------------Lucas----------------

Kuyt--------------------------Gerrard---------------------Babel

--------------------------------Torres----------------------------

Will be a Tough One.

Our defence will have to be on high alert throughout the tie.

Nice team selection Arrie pity it undermines your argument in this thread
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #54: Mar 30, 2010 05:33:12 pm
      Nice team selection Arrie pity it undermines your argument in this thread
      We certainly be playing with two DM's and we need that actually to nullify their attacks.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Mar 30, 2010 05:34:58 pm
      We certainly be playing with two DM's and we need that actually to nullify their attacks.

So you admit then at times Rafa is justified in starting with two holding midfielders.....
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #56: Mar 30, 2010 05:36:19 pm
      So you admit then at times Rafa is justified in starting with two holding midfielders.....
      Only At Times when they are needed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Mar 30, 2010 05:38:58 pm
      Only At Times when they are nedded.

Guess the other times we'll have to asume that Aquilani was ill or still in discomfort. Considering how Roma messed him around with injury recovery I'd feed him in gently this year, hope Italy leave him out of the first team for the world cup and let him loose next season. I would rather have Gerrard in the centre though I will at least grant you that much.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #58: Mar 30, 2010 05:41:22 pm

Our goals for in the last 8 away league games are 0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0.

In that time we've played sides like Pompey, Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan so not exactly top notchers and yet Rafa still refuses to adopt a positive approach and send the team out fired up to chase early goals.

If he's not prepared to change that approach then we have no prospects of winning the title and he might as well go. I'm not interested in chasing the top 4 every year and being satisfied with that.

Every one is aware of how we have played away from home in them games, and I'm the biggest critic of Lucas and Masch as a pairing Lucas for me is not worthy  of starting as a the "Deep Lying Play Maker" in our side.

Can I blame Rafa for that ?, No I can blame the two yank toss pots that were rubbing their hands together disappearing to RBS to pay of the debts they placed up on this club from the sale of Alonso, then saying go on Rafa replace him with a structured deal set out over a players contract, resulting in us buying the injured Aquilani.

Lets go back to the games away I've said lack of creativity has cost us them you only have to lack at the in game stats and they validate that argument, solution in them games Gerrard or Aquilani should have been played centrally.

Then think back was Aquilani and Gerrard available for all them games ?, what would have happened had Rafa split Gerrard and Torres up for all them games, bearing in mind Torres wasn't available for them all too.

Lack of investment cripples us when our squad is thread bare as we do not have players of the same quality as Gerrard Torres Masch Reina Johnston Carra Agger Aurelio Bennayoun to step up to the plate when such players are injured.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #59: Mar 30, 2010 05:50:26 pm
      It doesn't make me proud to be in a lynch mob and I don't like to think I am in one. I have been a supporter of Rafael Benitez since his time at Liverpool and still am, He has done alot of good for this club and that will always outweigh the bad.

We have not spent much.Actually we have made sales profit this year. which is quite disturbing to see. and our roster would have to be the one of the most expensive. Torres would have to go close to the most expensive player in the prem. The stature of this club has almost been restored to it's former glory.

Your posts do lurch from one extreme to the other in as much as there are obviously statements the majority would agree with but on the other hand some of the content is highly debateable. It is true what you say the manager has brought in some quality even though it is by way of an enforced sell to buy policy, not the best scenario for establishing a successful club.
      But how can our roster(?) be the most expensive and how can Torres rate as the most expensive player in the Prem? I can think of three off hand with manUre who cost more and we are a long way from being restored to any former glory right now thanks to H&G.
      On his day the manager can outwit anyone on the tactical awareness side of things and if he had a squad the size and quality of manUre or Chelski he would piss the league hands down. He has shown he has the footballing knowledge to defeat any team but he is powerless in the face of a devastating injury list which is now hopefully behind us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #60: Mar 30, 2010 06:19:38 pm

Listen Fella,
      I still support our manager. I Still F**kin back him and will do no matter what happens.So you are talkin about last season and that two DM Thingy.It was Alonso for FFS not Lucas.The Guy is the best passer in the Game and was the best LFC player last Season.Put this into your thick head.

4-1 at Old Trafford and Alonso wasn't on the pitch, come on lad play the game, Lucas played in a few games last season, it wasn't like Alonso was playing every game, same goes for Mascherano - rotation rotation rotation - something else the man was slagged for, gone quiet that one lately in the press and on sky, possibly cos every other F***ing manager is doing it now - it will be like that soon for the zonal marking malarkey, that'll be forgotten because other managers are using it too.

He's not entirely blameless, decisions he's made and sometimes the use of tactics and subs - but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves as well.

I'm trying not to even think about the summer yet, it's far too depressing, the two pricks have us overvalued that no one possibly interested wants to touch and if this Rhone deal for £100 million does go ahead, I honestly see the club carrying on in the same pathetic state under even more Yanks, while the five or six in front of us carry on outbidding us for any half-decent player available.

Quick Reply