Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your Last Meal

Read 3968 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Your Last Meal
      Jun 04, 2007 04:19:18 pm
      Still an hour to go in work so,

You’re on Death Row and its time for your last meal and so you have to pick your favourite main course and also you can have a pudding (or sweet if your posh) to follow.
      My main meal would be a Lamb rogan josh (or any curry really) with peshwari naan and all the accompaniments that go with it, now normally I’d have to watch it with curry but as I wont be around for any of the after effects who cares.
      For pudding I would have Apple crumble and custard or any other stodgy pudding that your not supposed to eat.
      1.Lamb Rogan Josh
      2.Apple Crumble & Custard
      3.Rope breaks when they try to hang me! ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Your Last Meal
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2007 04:36:24 pm
      MMMMM! Nice!

I'd go for Lamb Chops, roasted in a home made minted gravy, roasted King Eddie's with a mixture of fresh steamed veg! And for afters, the finest stawberry cheesecake (yes Peter Kay fans, CHEESECAKE!) in the land.
      Then, hopefully, Angelina Jolie would smash through the wall, using her best assets available  ;) come to my rescue, we could move to France and sell postcards by the sea and live happily ever after!  ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2007 04:45:21 pm
      MMMMM! Nice!

I'd go for Lamb Chops, roasted in a home made minted gravy, roasted King Eddie's with a mixture of fresh steamed veg! And for afters, the finest stawberry cheesecake (yes Peter Kay fans, CHEESECAKE!) in the land.
      Then, hopefully, Angelina Jolie would smash through the wall, using her best assets available  ;) come to my rescue, we could move to France and sell postcards by the sea and live happily ever after!  ;D
      You have it pretty well worked out mate are you expecting to be inside soon? ;D  Didn't Bruce Willis star in a film with a similar storyline? but without the cheesecake of course!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2007 05:46:06 pm
      You have it pretty well worked out mate are you expecting to be inside soon? ;D  Didn't Bruce Willis star in a film with a similar storyline? but without the cheesecake of course!

Actually mate, I don't know where that came from! Is day dreaming always that good?... ;) ;D
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2007 06:52:40 pm
      For me it would have to be good old fashioned roast dinner.
      Preferably roast lamb with all the trimmings, Roasties & mash, Carrot & Turnip, Peas & broccoli, and my favorite accompaniment plain old sliced Onion soaked in malt vinegar. For pudding it would have to be Home made Rice Pudding, sprinkled on the top with Nutmeg, and cooked for hours in the oven so it has a thick dark crust. ( oh yes and it has to be served in the bowl it was cooked in, in the oven, so as when Ive finished the pudding, I can spend another half hour scrapping the bowl, with the back of my spoon)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2007 07:17:16 pm

Really easy, nothing big: a pizza from the restaurant I used to work. Beefsteak, mushrooms, paprika, onion, tomato and jalapenos... Mmmm..! And bearnaise sauce ofcourse. A must.
      And then vanilla icecream with fresh strawberries. And some melted chocolate on the top.

Death Row, here I come..!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2007 08:03:36 pm
      Starter: Garlic Doughballs.
      Main: Probably a massive Shepherds Pie with Beans.
      Pudding: Lemon Zest Cheesecake (the one from M&S)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2007 08:25:54 pm
      My mum's christmas  lunch....no one's mum cook s a better roast than my mum.....she'll take any of you on.....bacon on the back of a huge moist turkey, filled with sage and onion stuffing, surrounded by chipolaters (mini sausages), white wine laced gravy.....the crispiest roast potatoes ever....freash cranberry sauce and all the veg you couls ever want....followed by a choice of xmas pudd or homemade apple crumble.....god i can't wait ti come back to the UK in september!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2007 08:27:34 pm
      For me it would have to be good old fashioned roast dinner.
      Preferably roast lamb with all the trimmings, Roasties & mash, Carrot & Turnip, Peas & broccoli, and my favorite accompaniment plain old sliced Onion soaked in malt vinegar. For pudding it would have to be Home made Rice Pudding, sprinkled on the top with Nutmeg, and cooked for hours in the oven so it has a thick dark crust. ( oh yes and it has to be served in the bowl it was cooked in, in the oven, so as when Ive finished the pudding, I can spend another half hour scrapping the bowl, with the back of my spoon)

My worst nightmare is having to eat a Roast dinner, i think it's one of those meals you either love or hate and i hate slogging through a plate of overcooked veg. ;D

And then vanilla icecream with fresh strawberries. And some melted chocolate on the top.

I might of guessed ice cream would have made an appearance on your menu Watt!! ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2007 10:47:33 pm
      My mum's christmas  lunch....no one's mum cook s a better roast than my mum.....she'll take any of you on.....bacon on the back of a huge moist turkey, filled with sage and onion stuffing, surrounded by chipolaters (mini sausages), white wine laced gravy.....the crispiest roast potatoes ever....freash cranberry sauce and all the veg you couls ever want....followed by a choice of xmas pudd or homemade apple crumble.....god I can't wait ti come back to the UK in september!!

I'm starving reading that !!  Can I come too ??  ;) ;D
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #10: Jun 05, 2007 09:39:34 pm
      Waffles with ketchup, fried eggs, sausages (bacon wrapped), beanz. Thats the starter.

FULL roast dinner, Yorkshire puds, parsnips, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, chicken. Main

Dessert- Homemade apple pie with cream

Christ, my mouths watering just looking at it!

EDIT: Ooh yay, 50 posts!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jun 05, 2007 09:51:45 pm
      Waffles with ketchup, fried eggs, sausages (bacon wrapped), beanz. Thats the starter.

FULL roast dinner, Yorkshire puds, parsnips, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, chicken. Main

Christ, my mouths watering just looking at it!

EDIT: Ooh yay, 50 posts!

Ooooh you've decided my breakfast for Saturday morning with your starter mate! ;)
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2007 10:04:27 pm
      Ooooh you've decided my breakfast for Saturday morning with your starter mate! ;)

Hand's off, it's mine!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Jun 06, 2007 01:03:21 am

Ahh... Mmmmm... But its better with vanilla icecream. Mixing hot with cold. Perrrrfect. ::)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2007 09:52:35 pm
      Mine would be Sunday dinner with my family!
      Chicken, boiled potatoes, roasties, parsnip, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, runner beans, mushy peas.. all from my dad's garden (except the chicken!) with gravy and some sherry to wash it down with ... mmmm.. :)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Jun 09, 2007 09:12:30 pm
      Tough choice between two, can't decide.

1) Roast lamb, roast & mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, mashed swede, mint sauce & gravy.

2) Sirloin steak (well done), chips, onion rings, grilled tomato, mushrooms, peas & french dressed salad.

I have both these meals on a near enough weekly basis.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2007 07:48:52 am
      there really is no contest for me on this one! i'd need roasted rib of beef, rare, honey roasted parsnips & herby roasted potatoes, fluffy mash with plenty of cream & butter, steamed savoy cabbage with crisp bacon bits, julliene carrots - undercooked so they're still crunchy, several Yorkshire puds made from a herby beer batter & all topped with a rich, thick red wine, red onion gravy. accompionied by a bottle or two of a good Bordeaux.

This would be followed by the king of desserts - Vienetta!

That would leave one happy, full up, slightly drunk, slightly dead bloke!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2007 10:11:46 am
      Cant decide wether to go to EddieC's or banksiemagic's  ;) ;D  Both sound yummy ............Depends on what Eddies having for his pudding  ;) ;D ;D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2007 11:19:37 am
      Cant decide wether to go to EddieC's or banksiemagic's  ;) ;D  Both sound yummy ............Depends on what Eddies having for his pudding  ;) ;D ;D

For pudding, belgian waffles with banana & butterscotch ice cream, drizzled with toffee & chocolate sauces.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2007 11:45:42 am
      For pudding, belgian waffles with banana & butterscotch ice cream, drizzled with toffee & chocolate sauces.

whats your address ??  give me five minutes !  ;) ;D ;D

good job i'm going out for my dinner, looks like its gonna a be a Carvery today !  ;D

Quick Reply