Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Can we stop funding H&G slightly?

Read 1859 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Can we stop funding H&G slightly?
      Apr 05, 2010 10:30:49 pm
      I've had a thought. Is there anything we can do to put an even bigger dent in Gillett and Hicks' already empty pockets buy not buying the replica shirts? I was reading an interview with a Spirit Of Shankly member and it said that all the tickets, merchandise and replica shirts that are bought are a small part of their wage that pays off their interest. Now merchandise is easy to avoid as no-one needs to pay a tenner for a hat and scarves can be bought by a local person selling them, boycotting tickets was talked about but voted against at an SOS meeting, but surely people could play a part in not forking out £30 for the new shirt and just wear a red top to the games.

Your thoughts?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Can we stop funding H&G slightly?
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2010 10:39:36 pm
      Gathered up all my old liverpool jerseys. Going to give them to a youth group. Got me thinking we could wear the old yellow ones. Would have a high visual impact
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2010 10:47:52 pm
      The people who actually care about the club dont buy any of that overpriced crap anyway. The day trippers and toursists will still flock in there unaware of anything thats going on off the field.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Apr 05, 2010 10:57:56 pm
      Most people are going to buy new shirts.

By purchasing them via a retailer not the official site you can give Hicks and Gillett a minor kick in the testicles.  Could be as much as £18 that goes to an independent or retail chain per shirt that wouldn't go to those two.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 05, 2010 11:15:38 pm
      The day trippers and toursists will still flock in there unaware of anything thats going on off the field.

Spot on mate. Until the sh*t really hits the fan, more people will be more interested in avoiding getting Lucas' number on the back of their lovely new over priced replica jersey with our new sponsors on it.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5: Apr 06, 2010 12:31:18 am
      Most people are going to buy new shirts.

By purchasing them via a retailer not the official site you can give Hicks and Gillett a minor kick in the testicles.  Could be as much as £18 that goes to an independent or retail chain per shirt that wouldn't go to those two.
      I never knew that, you learn something every day, retailer it is then. Thanks for that JD.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Apr 06, 2010 12:49:08 am
      Meh. Im sticking with with same Carlsberg shirt Ive worn for the past few seasons.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #7: Apr 06, 2010 04:30:55 am
      I'll be getting the new shirt, I doubt highly that the 20pounds or so they get from it will make a difference. We better get a class signing because I've already got Torres and Gerrard on my other two shirts, hopefully a Silva 7 shirt :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #8: Apr 06, 2010 12:16:06 pm
      Spot on mate. Until the sh*t really hits the fan, more people will be more interested in avoiding getting Lucas' number on the back of their lovely new over priced replica jersey with our new sponsors on it.

Think I might get Lucas on mine actually. :)
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #9: Apr 06, 2010 12:54:56 pm
      I'll be getting the new shirt from D.W Sports or this other sports shop in town
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #10: Apr 06, 2010 04:16:48 pm
      Yeah i didnt know that either- retailer it is!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Apr 06, 2010 04:50:26 pm
      Definitely buy from a retailer. The only benefit you'd get from buying directly is the 10% off for having a membership and the new 'Liverpool style' lettering on the back of your shirt but I avoid getting names myself anyway.

Aside from all that, don't be a mug and buy bevvies, pies and memorabilia directly when you go the match. There's plenty of food vendors for a scran. There's a plethora of boozers for your ale. And for stuff to take home, go to the HJC shop over the road and fund a worthy cause.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12: Apr 06, 2010 08:22:44 pm
      I'll be getting the new shirt, I doubt highly that the 20pounds or so they get from it will make a difference. We better get a class signing because I've already got Torres and Gerrard on my other two shirts, hopefully a Silva 7 shirt :D
      We won't getting any signings if we keep supporting these two clowns. That's just the attitude that's kept the Sun newpaper going
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #13: Apr 07, 2010 01:03:52 am
      Thanks for the replies lads. Keep them up ;)

Quick Reply