Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 49548 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #460: Apr 11, 2010 06:20:50 pm
      Football these days is all about money sadly not being in the champions league will effect the revenue at the club and in turn there will be absoltuely zero to spend at the club this year I suppose like the last couple of years at the club we may even be forced to sell players this season.

It may be about money but a football club exists to win trophies if not then what is the point?

I understand the importance of playing in the Champions League but I would rather win a trophy or two over the next few years than continually finish in the top four and win nothing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #461: Apr 11, 2010 06:20:56 pm
      Hopefully we will finish 8th and some of our F***ing abysmal fans will F**k off.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #462: Apr 11, 2010 06:21:10 pm
      The significance of finishing fourth is vastly overplayed.

Immensely overplayed.

Any player worth signing for us still would not hesitate, Champion's League or not.

And financially, we're fu**ed either way.

Hopefully we will finish 8th and some of our f**king abysmal fans will f**k off.

Agreed. A sh*t result doesn't half bring them out of the woodwork.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #463: Apr 11, 2010 06:22:42 pm
      Hopefully we will finish 8th and some of our F***ing abysmal fans will F**k off.

F***ing ticked me off big time seeing some wankers leave before the 90 were even up.

It's their money they're pissing away anyway, but they'd be more of a use to stick around and sing something.

Speaking of which, as Ken said earlier it was a massive hangover feel from the crowd.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #464: Apr 11, 2010 06:23:06 pm
      Hopefully some of our F***ing abysmal fans will F**k off.

I F***ing hope so.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #465: Apr 11, 2010 06:23:30 pm

The season ticket waiting list will probably shorten by about 75% aswell.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #466: Apr 11, 2010 06:23:54 pm
      The season ticket waiting list will probably shorten by about 75% aswell.

Is f*cking right. Might get one by the time I'm 40 then. ;)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #467: Apr 11, 2010 06:24:13 pm
      Disagree qualifying for the champions league is more important than winning the Europa league to be honest and I'm sure if you asked people on here at the start of the season they would have agreed.

Reading an article by Aldo today he said the same. He said Champions League is vital for the club.

Football these days is all about money sadly not being in the champions league will effect the revenue at the club and in turn there will be absoltuely zero to spend at the club this year I suppose like the last couple of years at the club we may even be forced to sell players this season.

Revenue, Champions League football, buying to sell, etc... Liverpool's season has been plagued with all these comments. To be honest, I don't think it is going to make much difference on our revenue. We are already 237 million in debt, and I still think we can get a buyer. Whatever happens from here, on the pitch/off the pitch, will surely be more positive results then to negative. We all clinched to a 4th place finished, but in all honesty once we lost the Wigan game our chances were slim. If we win the Europa League we at least get some money. Our main priority is to not sell big time players, especially Torres and Gerrard. Everything could be worse. I just look at the positives.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #468: Apr 11, 2010 06:25:26 pm
      4th is out of reach now, i think. Need to win the Europa Cup and atleast we'll have chance of retaining the title next year.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #469: Apr 11, 2010 06:26:05 pm
      What a load of sh*te.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #470: Apr 11, 2010 06:26:25 pm

Any player worth signing for us still would not hesitate, Champion's League or not.

Spot on.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #471: Apr 11, 2010 06:26:39 pm

Agreed. We're not in the Champions League for 1 year and all of our appeal to players goes? Please. We've been one of the top teams in that competition for the last 5 years, with the same manager, the same captain and the same fans. We're still the same club that in the 80's was the best in the world, we are still world renowned.

Besides, I'd rather people came to us to win league titles than play in the Champions League.
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #472: Apr 11, 2010 06:26:48 pm
      Should be cheaper to buy us right now, but with a big upside if the investor has money to spend on building the new stadium. I'd say by the autumn the economy will be improving and we may see a big change of ownership and a rosy future. This club is still massive worldwide. Drawing 0-0 against a parked bus doesn't change that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #473: Apr 11, 2010 06:27:49 pm
      It's a sad state of affairs when we're more fussed about coming fourth than winning a trophy. Fourth for fucks sake, that is F***ing nothing to celebrate. I'd be disgusted to see us celebrate fourth, it's an embarrassment for our club to be holding that as some achievement.

First is first, second is nothing.

As for today's result, well we just weren't good enough at taking our chances. Again. We were solid enough and looked alright at times but didn't have that real conviction in the final third.

But we'll bounce back, we always do. That's what this club is all about, not dwelling on the last game but rather anticipating twatting our next opponents. So we'll brush ourselves down and get ready for West Ham in a weeks time. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #474: Apr 11, 2010 06:29:16 pm
      Im sick of the F***ing money talk, fucks sake. I really hope we do win Europa, over 4th spot now (seeing as its almost impossible anyways) as for just a few glorious moments when that trophy is lifted, and you see the happiness on the players faces - you know they are not thinking about money, and neither are you. It's just pure, unadulterated, bliss. And those kind of moments, folks, are what all people who play sports at any grade, live for. And thats why, although massively disappointed in the clubs performance today, i still look to Europa with huge hopes. I want that trophy so bad for this team, and i would hope there are many more who feel the same!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #475: Apr 11, 2010 06:29:34 pm
      I feel this season, assuming if we win the Europa League, we will have accomplished something massive. What other clubs have united together as fans and forced owners out? I think this season was to tell the Yanks to f*** off and I believe we drove them away, and if we win the Europa League, well it's a lot better than Man United who won't win anything other than a chance to lose in the Champions league again next season.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #476: Apr 11, 2010 06:30:26 pm
      I remember when members on here were soundly analytical like; "The Keeper was good", "Fulham packed the bus".....etc.

Nowadays, it's a lot of finger pointing and unnecessary calls for Rafa's sack - Dull.

Torres was injured, We don't have a second striker the quality of Torres in the whole Premiership!

We played well but did not win. The Top 4 is not out of Reach.

Some folk on here have already played the games in hand for Man City and Tottenham and have awarded them wins. Chill.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #477: Apr 11, 2010 06:31:38 pm

Nowadays, it's a lot of finger pointing and unnecessary calls for Rafa's sack - Dull.

I've heard no talk about Rafa's testicles or his sack.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #478: Apr 11, 2010 06:32:33 pm
      Sadly at the moment we have to pay £35 million interest repayments the money will have to come from somewhere the last couple of years it has come from the champions league.

The club budgeted for a run to the quater finals of the Champions league every year. A final of Fulham and Liverpool in the Europa league sadly will not generate the money needed.

Like everyone I want to win a trophy but for a club like Liverpool I'd much prefer the league of champions league to be honest rather than the Consolation cup as Aldo likes to call it. The one bright spot on all this it may force the owners out
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #479: Apr 11, 2010 06:32:47 pm
      Im gutted that was a must win game like soo many this season.. But lets bounce back against west ham
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #480: Apr 11, 2010 06:34:02 pm

Well Torres came here for the opportunities of champs lge football he couldnt get in Spain with Atletico.. anybody who says it doesnt make a difference is uneducated with the workings of the modern player/game imo..
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #481: Apr 11, 2010 06:35:47 pm

Some folk on here have already played the games in hand for Man City and Tottenham and have awarded them wins. Chill.

Thats cos they dont even need to win those games to stay ahead of us!! Plus on current form we've no better chance of getting only wins til the end of the season both city and tottenham are in much better league form than us
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #482: Apr 11, 2010 06:35:55 pm
      Well Torres came here for the opportunities of champs lge football he couldnt get in Spain with Atletico.. anybody who says it doesnt make a difference is uneducated with the workings of the modern player/game imo..

Ask Torres that after a few years here. Or Pepe Reina.

Quick Reply