Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 49266 times
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fulham
      Reply #414: Apr 11, 2010 05:58:33 pm
      Well that was very frustrating . What was wrong with Stevie and all those wasted free kicks , he create dour best crosses but did nothing much later on . We did create chances but not ample ones ! I thought that we would play with the same fire as we did against Benifica ! I was surprised Lucas didn't play .

Positives : Dani Pacheco he looked good in whatever little time he had I wish he played more and got more games .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #415: Apr 11, 2010 05:58:58 pm
      Normally I'd be angry. But I'm not.

I don't know. I just can't see how we were supposed to break through that.

That was even more difficult than the likes of Stoke. The most we could get was half chances and they weren't taken.

Kinda the story of the season eh? Unfortunately we have gotten used to the mediocrity :( Hopefully once season ends that will be the last of it, but that all depends on our F***ing owners.

One thing - last season we drew 0-0 at home, and only got the 0-1 away win due to some last minute Yossie magic. This is a hard team to break down, and i would say is one of those teams like Birmingham that we traditionally seem to struggle against. Even in our good year, like last year, we struggled to break them down. So lets just keep the knee-jerks to a minimum, shall we?

So Torres knees gone then eh?

Anyway 4th or 44th I'm still the same Red no matter what  ;) :kop5cf8koxp6:

F***ing right on smiggs  :scarf: ;D

LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #416: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:12 pm
      wait a minute why should i grow up?

Im a lifelong Liverpool fan and i know whats good for this club and he mightve been for the last 4 years but he doesnt know what hes doing anymore

Hes obviously only thinking of himself because by winning the Europa League he adds another trophy to his name: I mean think about it what sounds better Winning the Europa League or Just about qualifying and finishing 4th in the EPL.

Clubs want a manager with a trophy to their name and by taking Torres of after 65 minutes last week he showed that.

And this is a forum so i am allowed to express an opinion
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #417: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:14 pm
      Bright spot: Young Dani looked the part for his little cameo role! Wanted the ball, moved into space, got a shot on target that was deflected.

Broken record spot: Once again we are screwed by a ref on a big decision. That ex-scummer Greening should have walked in the first half. A lot harder to park the bus with 10 men. You know if that had been Javier, we would have played an hour with 10 men.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #418: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:18 pm
      no mate think it's the super cup.

Well if it's the super cup and we win the Europa. Surely if we won or lost in the super cup we'd get it then seeing as though we'd be playing champions league winners, who will more than likely have won their respective league or finished in a CL spot. So we'd get Europa qualification anyway no?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #419: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:36 pm
      Didnt hear you comment on that the other night when we fu**ed Benfica   :roll:

Thought we played well today, just couldn't get the finishing touch on that ball.  That's where we miss Torres so much.

Anyway 4th or 44th I'm still the same Red no matter what  ;) :kop5cf8koxp6:

Is F***ing right Smiggs! :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #420: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:48 pm
      I hate when teams that play us at home refuse to play football. Knew they couldnt compete so parked the bus. Hope we get them in the final and tear them apart. If they dont roll out the bus again

Yeah I agree, you see in the end their keeper (not gonna try to spell) celebrating the result like a win, and their players wasting time near the corner flag like if this 1 point made a hell of a difference for them.

In a Cup final they wouldnt be able to do such thing, at least if they ever want to win this :D
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #421: Apr 11, 2010 05:59:53 pm
      We did play well but were far too slow with the ball. Plus their defensive setup didn't help either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #422: Apr 11, 2010 06:00:30 pm

We'll still finish above Spurs, to me they aren't a threat, the other four are!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #423: Apr 11, 2010 06:00:33 pm
      There was no urgency at all and I think the result is a fair reflection of how we played today. We were dominant in every position, but we couldn't take our own 'half-chances'. Chances that were simple were spurned. Sums up our day today. If you don't score, you don't deserve to win and we didn't deserve to take all 3 points today, IMO.

I think fourth is out of reach now. Really disappointed the lads can't be arsed. And it's more disappointing when the Captain is one of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #424: Apr 11, 2010 06:00:58 pm

Im a lifelong Liverpool fan and i know whats good for this club and he mightve been for the last 4 years but he doesnt know what hes doing anymore

Hes obviously only thinking of himself because by winning the Europa League he adds another trophy to his name: I mean think about it what sounds better Winning the Europa League or Just about qualifying and finishing 4th in the EPL.

Clubs want a manager with a trophy to their name and by taking Torres of after 65 minutes last week he showed that.

Damn. Could've used you instead of this British Airways bloke.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #425: Apr 11, 2010 06:00:59 pm
      wait a minute why should I grow up?

Im a lifelong Liverpool fan and I know whats good for this club and he mightve been for the last 4 years but he doesnt know what hes doing anymore

And this is a forum so I am allowed to express an opinion

Are you honestly still blabbing on about the Birmingham game? ???
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #426: Apr 11, 2010 06:01:11 pm
      I've lost alot of respect for Fulham today. I always liked them as a club but that was an abysmal effort by them. In the whole of the game only 5 of their players must have even stepped into our half. Such negative play, i hope we completely trounce them in the Europa Final now.

Sad to say that 4th is out of the question now - unless City lose today. And they're winning 3-1 at HT.

No champions league football next season. And the prospect of another Europa campaign on channel 5 doesn't excite me in the slightest.

From our point of view, that game was pathetic. I know Fulham defended for the whole 90 minutes, but there was absolutely no passion there whatsoever to score.

Steven Gerrard, what were you doing for the last 90 minutes? You're supposed to be the club captain, playing for the team you supported as a lad. And no, we may not be playing for the title but we're playing for a champions league spot next season and you can't must the slightest bit of passion to try and score.

4th place was still in our hands, I've been saying that all season. Not anymore. Unless City have a major cock-up and lose nearly all their games, we can call this the worst season we've had in a very long time.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #427: Apr 11, 2010 06:01:16 pm
      This game really does highlight our reliance on Torres.

And the fact that we need to use Pacheco more. I think he can be a real quality player, given the chances.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #428: Apr 11, 2010 06:02:59 pm
      Awful season the sooner it is over to better, I hope the failure to qualify for the Champions league doesn't effect us in the long run with having to sell some of our best players.

Agree with Ally playing Europa league next season doesn't excite me either and I doubt it will excite the bankers.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #429: Apr 11, 2010 06:03:24 pm
      go do one you f**king knobhead, wrong thread for starters !

Wrong thread??

Read the f**king title "Frustration"
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #430: Apr 11, 2010 06:03:34 pm
      wait a minute why should I grow up?

Im a lifelong Liverpool fan and I know whats good for this club and he mightve been for the last 4 years but he doesnt know what hes doing anymore

And this is a forum so I am allowed to express an opinion

Okay, so honestly tell me then. Do you really think if we just spend the 20 odd mil to F**k Benitez off and nothing else, things will get better.

Because if you do, you indeed DO need to grow up and smell the cheeseburgers.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #431: Apr 11, 2010 06:03:55 pm
      The big greek should have scored today.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #432: Apr 11, 2010 06:04:00 pm
      I think fourth is out of reach now. Really disappointed the lads can't be arsed. And it's more disappointing when the Captain is one of them.

That's harsh, mate. Thought Steven was great today with his passing and urgency to pass to men in front of him.

Went right at them but again, Fulham were too tough to break down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #433: Apr 11, 2010 06:04:10 pm

I'm a lifelong fan, but you're opinion is still full of sh*t, good I want to get to The Europa League final, hopefully finishing fifth means the Yanks can't further line their pockets.

I'd rather have a night out in Hamburg, than applaud the lads for finishing fourth on the last day of the season.

The biggest priority for the club RIGHT NOW is getting rid of those two jokers who supposedly own us.
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #434: Apr 11, 2010 06:04:53 pm
      This game really does highlight our reliance on Torres.

And the fact that we need to use Pacheco more. I think he can be a real quality player, given the chances.

I dunno mate, I doubt he could have made the breakthrough either against that wall sitting deep. He would have been kicked to shred and put on his grumpy face.

Tell you who might have made a difference? Mr Ginger Riise and his left foot from 30 yards :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #435: Apr 11, 2010 06:04:58 pm
      The big greek should have scored today.

Or left it for Maxi  :-\
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #436: Apr 11, 2010 06:06:06 pm
      a poor result.
      Our strikers must stop playing with their back to the goal.

Quick Reply