Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 48905 times
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #506: Apr 11, 2010 06:50:17 pm
      Plenty supporting him on here, I just wish the board would have financially last summer!

agreed, Liverpool are the best fans in the world. Period. Players have said it, managers have said it, etc... The only people who don't support him are the media, not the fans. It's not our fault, fans have put up with a lot this year but are still singing and making contributions to this team.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #507: Apr 11, 2010 06:50:39 pm
      Torres came here to win TROPHIES not to play in the CL.

Well you defo wont win the CL if your not even in it!!

Plus 3 years now how many has he won if thats why he came... then start getting worried
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #508: Apr 11, 2010 06:51:31 pm
      and now its time for an inquiry into where a 2nd place team can finish 20-30 points lower a season later..

No investment.

Injuries.

Bad form.

Managerial tactics not working.

Put all four of these together and what do you get? One very F***ing bad season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #509: Apr 11, 2010 06:51:42 pm
      I'm not that bothered if we don't qualify for the europa league, there is not big money in it and Rafa will have to concentrate on the league next season if we are not in Europe
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #510: Apr 11, 2010 06:51:47 pm

Plus 3 years now how many has he won if thats why he came... then start getting worried

Give it time mate.

He hardly won the Europa League with Athletico either, did he? So if we win that, your argument is goosed.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #511: Apr 11, 2010 06:52:29 pm
      Much rather win the League next year then the Champions League.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #512: Apr 11, 2010 06:52:49 pm
      Atletico could yet win it this year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #513: Apr 11, 2010 06:53:00 pm

We are worried that's why the Europa Cup is more important than finishing 4th - unless times have changed I don't believe we win a trophy for finishing in 4th place.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #514: Apr 11, 2010 06:53:29 pm
      I'm not entirely sure you get automatic entry back into the Europa. It would make sense but I've heard otherwise.

We're better just aiming as high as we can anyway. Keep any of the other gobshites in our league out of it.

You get automatic entry so you can defend your title.

When they changed the rules about getting automatic entry back into the CL when we won it, they done the same for the Europa.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #515: Apr 11, 2010 06:53:40 pm

You have to win the Champions league to get automatic entry back into it.

Not any more its only down to league position no matter if you win it
      iloverafa
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #516: Apr 11, 2010 06:53:46 pm
      No investment.

Injuries.

Bad form.

Managerial tactics not working.

Put all four of these together and what do you get? One very f**king bad season.

Negativity from fans like you is the real problem.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #517: Apr 11, 2010 06:54:09 pm
      One thing I'll say for us today is that we created chances. We just didn't take them. There's nothing you can do with Torres being injured apart from when opportunities arise, make sure you take them. And we didn't.

I'm down in the dumps because we've drawn again. I F***ing hate it when we lose or draw. But I think too much has been made over the years of finishing in the top four. Obviously we should be a team fighting for the league, but we're clearly not given our circumstances. And until these owners are seen off and our club exists to win trophies again, we'll slump further and further down. I accepted that a long time ago. I think a lot of reds need to take it on board.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #518: Apr 11, 2010 06:54:14 pm
      we are becoming a less appealing

What's more appealing than playing for Liverpool Football Club. The biggest club in the world, the most successful club in England, when the fans are on form nobody compares to ours, being managed by one of the best in the modern game, a club reaped rich in history, tradition and loyalty, the prospect of playing with some of the greatest players in the world.

What's more appealing than that? Oh just because we're not in the Champions League all that doesn't matter? Bollocks.

We're still Liverpool Football Club regardless of Champions League football or not, we're still the biggest club in the world. We still have the best fans in the world. We're still managed by one of the best in the modern game. We still have some of the world's greatest players. We still have our traditions and our history. And more importantly we still have our philosophy of LOYALTY.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #519: Apr 11, 2010 06:56:44 pm
      I'm down in the dumps because we've drawn again. I f**king hate it when we lose or draw. But I think too much has been made over the years of finishing in the top four. Obviously we should be a team fighting for the league, but we're clearly not given our circumstances. And until these owners are seen off and our club exists to win trophies again, we'll slump further and further down. I accepted that a long time ago. I think a lot of reds need to take it on board.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #520: Apr 11, 2010 06:57:12 pm
      It hasnt worked out either way and now its time for an inquiry into where a 2nd place team can finish 20-30 points lower a season later..

Quite F***ing simple, blame the two leeches masquerading as owners, everyone at the match, on forums, in letters pages, phone-ins etc knew a bit of investment towards transfer funds that could land us two class players plus others to strengthen up the squad, sadly we all know what happened, they gave him F**k-all, used transfer money received to service the debt and their F***ing lack of leadership in the boardroom has seen confidence and morale affected right throughout the club to the point where no-one knows whos in F***ing charge.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #521: Apr 11, 2010 06:57:46 pm
      What's more appealing than playing for Liverpool Football Club. The biggest club in the world, the most successful club in England, when the fans are on form nobody compares to ours, being managed by one of the best in the modern game, a club reaped rich in history, tradition and loyalty, the prospect of playing with some of the greatest players in the world.

What's more appealing than that? Oh just because we're not in the Champions League all that doesn't matter? Bollocks.

We're still Liverpool Football Club regardless of Champions League football or not, we're still the biggest club in the world. We still have the best fans in the world. We're still managed by one of the best in the modern game. We still have some of the world's greatest players. We still have our traditions and our history. And more importantly we still have our philosophy of LOYALTY.

Not playing in the Champions League next year means........absolutely nothing ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #522: Apr 11, 2010 06:59:10 pm

Whats with all this you

Surely you mean WE!!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #523: Apr 11, 2010 06:59:47 pm
      Atletico could yet win it this year.

Ha ha Torres left there to come here in search of trophies and they could win more than we have in the last 3 years. Pretty F***ing sad really.
      Quote from CRK

link=topic=29124.msg635163#msg635163 date=1271008307
      Give it time mate.

He hardly won the Europa League with Athletico either, did he? So if we win that, your argument is goosed.

Yeh he didnt win it so he left looking for a club who could offer more opportunities to win more!! Argument validated.
      Quote from Baustinsali08

link=topic=29124.msg635164#msg635164 date=1271008349
      Much rather win the League next year then the Champions League.

This has to be a piss take. yeh we all would but if your finishing 5-7th and not in Cl spots then you have no chance of winning the PL with that same squad. No team has ever come from outside the top 4 in the last 10+ years to win it and this liverpool side defo wont lets be honest about the situation
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #524: Apr 11, 2010 07:02:12 pm
      Ha ha Torres left there to come here in search of trophies and they could win more than we have in the last 3 years. Pretty f**king sad really.
      Yeh he didnt win it so he left looking for a club who could offer more opportunities to win more!! Argument validated.
      This has to be a piss take. yeh we all would but if your finishing 5-7th and not in Cl spots then you have no chance of winning the PL with that same squad. No team has ever come from outside the top 4 in the last 10+ years to win it and this liverpool side defo wont lets be honest about the situation

Anything is possible mate. Next year is a clean sheet. We finished 2nd last year and sold two players. We get reinvestments and new owners and buy 3 players who can make a difference, you never know.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #525: Apr 11, 2010 07:03:00 pm
      It hasnt worked out either way and now its time for an inquiry into where a 2nd place team can finish 20-30 points lower a season later..

You're saying that like United will finish on a similar points tally to last season. Highly unlikely.

Harsh to quote bigv there mate. I would actually say he was supporting your opinion.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #526: Apr 11, 2010 07:06:48 pm

Haha! I'll let you off for being new ;)

But once you get to know me, you'll know im one of the more positive ones. Won't get no knee-jerking from me!

Apart from about Lucas. His fault we drew today.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #527: Apr 11, 2010 07:06:50 pm
      Soon has the team news came through I expected a stalemate , we are a bit toothless without the main man it also raises the expectations of our opponents , Rafa must take the blame for the lack of strike power we have left ourselves with , today was a must win and we go with a young lad up front
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #528: Apr 11, 2010 07:07:37 pm
      Apart from about Lucas. His fault we drew today.

Agreed.

He's f*cking sh*t. Could have done so much more. ;)

Quick Reply