Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

I hate the BBC

Read 6143 times
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Re: I hate the BBC
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2009 12:53:03 am
      Well done BBC on the football focus rememberance of hillsborough it had me crying and I'm sure other people did to let's hoPe they do a good job on Wednesday. JFT96
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2009 02:42:55 am
      BBC over ITv and Sly any day.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2009 04:19:45 am
      I completely agree about the BBC's coverage today.  Football Focus and MOTD both where emotional to watch and even the BBC news at 10 had the Hillsborough tragedy in the public eye.  I've never had a problem with the BBC even though they may think the sun shines out of Fergie's arse but they are not near half as bad as Sky, ITV or Setanta.

Football Focus was especially poignant today and for them to pay such a memorable tribute to the Hillsborough tragedy was a testiment to them.  Brought tears to my eyes :'(
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      The "I hate the BBC" thread
      Reply #26: Apr 25, 2009 08:14:33 pm
      For a while now i've kept up to date with current premier league scored by watching the live text on the BBC Sport site and i can no longer stand how biased the writers are towards Man U and against us.

Usually it's some dick called Jonathon Stevenson writing the text but he must have been at old trafford watching the game today so Paul Fletcher done it instead.

Here's some of the text from the Man U match today:

1846: PENALTY
      For Man Utd.

1847: GOAL Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham
      Cristiano Ronaldo smashes the ball powerfully into the middle of the net. The spot kick is given after Michael Carrick goes down under a challenge from Gomes. Replays seem to suggest Gomes got the ball.
      1849: I think it would be fair to say that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is not in the least bit happy with the decision.
      1850: I have just seen another replay of the penalty decision. Can I change my mind? I'm not sure Gomes got any of the ball.

And then his response to a text from a liverpool fan:

From Tim, angry Liverpool fan, via text on 81111: "I'm furious with Spurs Paul. They got a lead and instead of continuing to press and making United uncomfortable, they get scared and just defend and sit deep, which is what United love."

He replies:

I largely agree with your analysis. Though I am not that furious

1926: Spectacular, truly spectacular - what a comeback from United as they scored five second-half goals to defeat Tottenham.
      Lots of people are going to point to Howard Webb's decision to award United a penalty.

I wonder why that might be you tool

Seems to me that one of two things happened here.

Either:

1. He saw the penalty decision and got it right by saying that it looked like Gomes got a bit of the ball but then changed his mind as HE realised that he didn't want a man u comeback to be remembered because of the wrong penalty decision.

OR

2.He saw the penalty decision was incorrect and stated so in his initial comment and then the BBC decided that he should change his mind to back up Man U and Howard Webb a bit and try to convince more people to talk about Man U's comeback rather than the wrong penalty decision.

This game, the same as many others this season, should be remembered as a game where Man U were looking down and out and got decisions from a crooked referee that built up their confidence  and destroyed the other team's confidence enough to get them back into the game and take 3 points. But seeing as the BBC are all anti-Liverpool and/or pro-Man U they want these games to be remembered as the glorious comebacks and fighting performances from them that won them the league.

Just to add extra confirmation to my suspicions about the bent BBC, there's no mention of the turning point in the match report whatsoever. All it says is :

Two minutes later the Manchester arena erupted as Carrick, bursting into the box after a Ronaldo pass, nipped the ball around Gomes and was adjudged to have been brought down.
      The Spurs were players incensed, but Howard Webb's decision was not going to change and the Portuguese calmly dispatched from the spot.

Why on earth wouldn't they think of mentioning the shocking decision from Webb that clearly changed the game.

I could make a thread like this about the BBC every week but from now on I've got somewhere to post my consistent frustration at the BBC.

:f_steam:

Does anyone else feel the same?

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2010 05:41:58 pm by Reslivo »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: The official " I hate the BBC" thread
      Reply #27: Apr 25, 2009 08:39:00 pm
      Get that Caroline Cheese woman back I say.

I could have sworn there was a thread about the BBC knocking around somewhere.  They completely fu**ed a Liverpool article up a few weeks back.

One thing you expect from any national media organisation is impartiality.  Fans websites are understandably biased towards their own club, but from the likes of Sky and the BBC they are there to report the news and the results.

A lot of these media organisations seem to have forgotten their job and are trying to be all things to all people.  Just ends up destroying any respect they once had.

Anyway... sounds like this fella got a bit of a twinge during today's game.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 25, 2009 09:51:10 pm
      They are so biased towards United. Cant beleive we pay our licence fee to them an all..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Apr 25, 2009 11:06:21 pm
      Your forgetting:

1850: I have just seen another replay of the penalty decision. Can I change my mind? I'm not sure Gomes got any of the ball.

1852: Just to add, Gomes was booked and not sent-off after conceding a penalty. By the letter of the law he probably should have been.

1918: The clock is ticking down and United will end today back on top of the Premier League having executed a stunning comeback after the break. They really have shown their class and determination.

From Chris, Grassington, via text on 81111: "I'd just arranged the party to celebrate Liverpool being back in the title race then that happens! Anyone need some party food?"
      You have not learnt the lessons of history.

A bunch of tosspots.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Apr 25, 2009 11:07:28 pm
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=16035.0

Oh and that was the earlier thread on this subject.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #31: Apr 25, 2009 11:10:06 pm
      Yeah, thanks crouchy.
      There were so many daft comments that i was bound to miss a few
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Feb 27, 2010 12:50:40 pm
      1247: Actually, I say DRAMA, but the non-handshake was done with the minimum of fuss. I'm just glad it's all over... and the game is now under way. Phew.

1245: BRIDGE AND TERRY DID NOT SHAKE HANDS
      Terry had his hand out, but Bridge looked in his eyes and walked straight past. DRAMA!

1241: Stand by your beds, the players are in the tunnel... John Terry has a new haircut - shaved at the sides, longer on top. Almost a mohawk, you might say. Seriously, I promise it will be all football after 1245... or maybe 1247.

WTF? Shut up and report on the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2010 05:23:35 pm
      Not one reference to Hillsborough and the memorial.

Nor from Sky either.

F**k off you cu*ts. If who wins a stupid individual award or tickets for a World Cup are more important than respect and decency towards 96 people who never returned home from a football game, then go right ahead, but F**k you's you disrespectful wankers.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #34: Apr 15, 2010 05:35:18 pm
      Not one reference to Hillsborough and the memorial.

Nor from Sky either.

F**k off you cu*ts. If who wins a stupid individual award or tickets for a World Cup are more important than respect and decency towards 96 people who never returned home from a football game, then go right ahead, but f**k you's you disrespectful wankers.
      Yep was looking on there myself today after finishing work in the hope of catching a bit of coverage from the memorial service. Not even a F***ing article. Bunch of disrespecting tossposts. And they call themselves our main source of coverage in this country.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Re: The "I hate the BBC" thread
      Reply #35: Apr 16, 2010 09:45:56 pm
      But then you must remember they made a huge deal of the 20th anniversary last year, which was nice. I remember sitting in the car listening to radio 2 and they played You'll Never Walk Alone sang by a Liverpool home crowd along with a nice feature about it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Apr 17, 2010 01:21:48 pm
      1200: BREAKING TEAM NEWS Rooney starts for Man Utd.

And?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2010 01:22:44 pm
      1200: BREAKING TEAM NEWS Rooney starts for Man Utd.

And?
      I hope he gets injured again. Ferguson hasn't learnt his lesson from the Bayern game has he!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2010 01:25:48 pm
      Apparently looking fit to the BBC reporters.

They'll be rubbing themselves silly now.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2010 01:36:50 pm
      Apparently looking fit to the BBC reporters.

They'll be rubbing themselves silly now.
      It's that Cheese lady on the text isn't it? She is in love with that lot, everytime I read it, she will start going on about how magnificent they are, and if possible throw in a comment to bash Rafa.

Silly bi*ch.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2010 09:48:45 am
      Her and Johnathon Stevenson or some sh*te do it. Both sad.

Quick Reply