Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Supporting two clubs?

Read 14304 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Re: Supporting two clubs?
      Reply #115: Apr 26, 2010 06:50:19 pm
      I live in Indonesia,

and to be fair.... during the 90s the Italian side are dominating the TV hence so many people supporting the likes of Milan, Juve, Inter, etc.

but come late 90's the EPL is the gem and people tend to support United (for you know why).... those supporting LIverpool ussually tends to follow tradition, dig a lil deeper to the roots of the old ways, because to be honest.... glory wise we're not that much of an appeal to the glory hunter during the early stages of EPL.

I only support 1 club, before i really knew what it means to support i tend to pluck the best out of every league, and claim to support them (silly me, but i was 14 at that time and living in Indonesia... I can forgive myself). Why I do not support my doorstep club? because the league here is tedious and crappy at best, there's no fun supporting and going to stadium where as a chinese minority your chances of going out alive is like the chances of a coca cola side meeting Liverpool in the FA cup (although lately the chances have increases substantially with us being sh*te :P)
      So which other club do you support beside manUre?
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #116: Apr 26, 2010 11:55:52 pm
      I support Liverpool and whoever are playing Manchester United.  ;-)

Haha the best way to put it
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #117: Apr 27, 2010 06:05:40 am
      I don't think supporting multiple teams is an issue if you make it known who is your number one team.  For me, I support three teams in total and they are, in order, Liverpool (EPL) then BÅ K Zmaj (Croatian 4th tier, maybe 3rd tier if they go well in the play-offs) and 1. FC Kaiserslautern (2. Bundesliga but just got recently promoted to 1. Bundesliga).  There are a lot of teams I admire currently (eg. Lyon in Ligue 1) or long-term (Hrvatski Dragovoljac in the Croatian second tier and Sporting CP in Liga Sagres) but by no means would consider myself a fan or a supporter.  Often in footballing rivalries you are presented with an option such as Celtic/Rangers, Real/Barcelona and I'll usually pick one just so watching the games is more exciting.  I'd say in every league there is at least one team I somewhat barrack for or have a soft spot for or simply just wish them well but I'm a true supporter of three teams and in exactly that order always.

Quick Reply