Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Cesc to Barca

Read 6555 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Cesc to Barca
      Reply #46: May 21, 2010 12:33:44 am
      Pretty sure, racer.

I reckon one more season for Arsenal. If Wenger signs some real talent instead of his bolony mid budget transfers then they could show Fabregas they're headed for the right direction.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #47: May 21, 2010 12:45:21 am
      Pretty sure, racer.

I reckon one more season for Arsenal. If Wenger signs some real talent instead of his bolony mid budget transfers then they could show Fabregas they're headed for the right direction.

Exactly crouchinho , if Wenger don't sign us at least 3 top drawer players we are in for another season of promise and hope . F**k that !!! I've gorged myself on promise and hope for the last 5 years . Wenger must realise that his "youth policy" whilst admirable and romantic hasn't brought us the results . He must buy some well established talent to compliment his "wonderkids"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: May 21, 2010 01:33:23 am
      What you need is Reina and Skrtel. Well a keeper and a proper no nonsence defender
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #49: May 21, 2010 01:47:34 am
      What you need is Reina and Skrtel. Well a keeper and a proper no nonsence defender

Thanks for offerin mate .... yep we'll take em ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #50: May 21, 2010 09:32:21 am
      I don't want Cesc to move to Spain! He should join Liverpool.

I'm joking.

If he does move, I'd hardly get to see him play because I enjoy watching him play :( I don't really watch Spanish La Liga or Italian Seria A.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: May 21, 2010 11:35:39 am
      Who, Ibrahimovic, He is sh*te,i'd much prefer Aguero or E'to than him, Ive seen him play for Juve and Inter and now Barca and i have never been impressed by him, I don't think EPL is his cup of tea either and would struggle with the speed and hard tackles, The man is a Pussy!
      I have 2 friends in Italy, one a Milan fan and the other Inter. Both agree that Ibrahimovic is an amazing player and neither were surprised when Barca gave up so much to get him. The AC Milan fan hailed him as the best player in Europe the season before he joined Barca.
      I've never seen anything that great about him either but these are lads that have watched him week-in, week-out.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #52: May 21, 2010 11:41:44 am
      I guess when it comes to goal scoring, he does it relatively well but he doesn't seem move alot and pretty much just waits in most of the Barca games I've watched, a handful of games and it doesn't impress me.

The Barca team, on the other hand, have alot of movements and Ibrahimovic kinda slows them down, IMO.

His dribbling and free kicks are pretty good though.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: May 21, 2010 06:50:32 pm
      I thought Ibra would be a great fit in Barca given his skills, but you're right, he's not much of a mover, and that is valued in a team like theirs. He's basically a holding striker who has more than enough skill to get the goal himself instead of waiting for his teammates to join.

That being said, take him Barca, would do us well to not have to face Cesc twice a year anymore :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: May 21, 2010 07:20:45 pm
      I cant see Cesc getting his hope of this being resolved before the World Cup, apparently there has been no contact yet.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #55: May 22, 2010 01:11:04 am
      If he goes, that might prove that the EPL is going down the drain. Well, I don't think that but lots of people will.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #56: May 25, 2010 03:37:55 pm
      Woo hoo, interesting stuff happening.

Francesc Sr. has told Arsenal to respect his son's wishes of returning to Barcelona while former teammate, Hleb, regrets moving to Barcelona and is telling Cesc to stay.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #57: May 25, 2010 03:42:19 pm
      Haha.

Hleb only didn't like it because he was used as a squad player. I don't think Fabregas would be regarded as that.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #58: May 25, 2010 08:00:34 pm
      Funny that his father is saying to respect the wishes of the player. What about the F***ing club? He is under contract, so there has to be equal respect given to the club since he is their most important player and you don't give that up lightly. F***ing hate people who think like that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: May 26, 2010 02:10:45 am
      Funny that his father is saying to respect the wishes of the player. What about the f**king club? He is under contract, so there has to be equal respect given to the club since he is their most important player and you don't give that up lightly. F***ing hate people who think like that.

His father is probably just looking at the massive cut he is going to get when any deal goes through like most agents.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #60: Jun 02, 2010 04:28:30 pm
      Arsenal have just rejected an offer for him and have said they are not selling him!

Is this just a comment made by Arsenal to get the price up? SSN just said that Arsenal are looking for €87m.
      marcyanguez
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 02, 2010 04:59:57 pm
      No one is going to pay €87 million for Fabregas, that's insane. He's a former FC Barcelona player, it doesn't make any sense.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #62: Jun 02, 2010 10:50:23 pm
      Arsenal have just rejected an offer for him and have said they are not selling him!

Is this just a comment made by Arsenal to get the price up? SSN just said that Arsenal are looking for €87m.

Apparently it was an offer of £29m. Surprised Wenger didn't accept it to be honest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Jun 03, 2010 09:42:58 am
      Apparently it was an offer of £29m. Surprised Wenger didn't accept it to be honest.

29m is pittance for Fabregas. I reckon he's worth 50m.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #64: Jun 03, 2010 10:13:37 am
      29m is pittance for Fabregas. I reckon he's worth 50m.

Easily, he was on the best prospects for the future, he is still young.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #65: Jun 06, 2010 10:36:43 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reports saying Real Madrid are planning to bid for Fabregas to avoid Barcelona getting him.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #66: Jun 06, 2010 10:43:22 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reports saying Real Madrid are planning to bid for Fabregas to avoid Barcelona getting him.

Piss off not going to happen.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #67: Jul 16, 2010 11:06:19 am
      sky sports

Barca reveal transfer kitty
      Spanish champions have €50 million to spend this summer
      Last updated: 15th July 2010   

Fabregas: Transfer speculation

Related links
      Teams
      Arsenal
      Barcelona
      Players
      Cesc Fabregas
      Also see
      Primera Liga fixtures
      Primera Liga table
      Primera Liga stats
      Revista de la Liga
      Guillem Balague's column
      Barcelona have confirmed they have €50 million (£41.7m) to spend in the transfer market this summer.

The Spanish giants were forced to seal a five-year €155 million loan on Wednesday in order to resolve long-term cash-flow problems.

Since June Barca have had issues regarding player and staff wages and new president Sandro Rosell has set about resolving the club's finances.

The Catalans have already secured a move for former Valencia striker David Villa this summer, for €40 million, while there is the ongoing transfer saga with Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas.

Spain midfielder Fabregas was forced into a Barca shirt by team-mates during his country's World Cup celebrations, and the La Liga champions will be hoping their transfer budget will be enough to lure him to the Nou Camp.

"The club has approximately €50 million net to spend on new players each season," said a statement on the club's official website.

"In the case of this season, buying David Villa (€40 million) combined with the sales of Yaya Toure and Dmytro Chygrynskiy balance themselves out.

"This means the club still has €50 million to spend."

Barca have already had a bid of €35 million (£29m) for Fabregas rejected by the Gunners, and they are expected to up that offer.

It remains to be seen if funds from further player sales will be added to the kitty, as speculation regarding the futures of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Rafael Marquez continues
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #68: Jul 22, 2010 12:17:12 am
      if barcelona actually do buy fabregas he won't get starting. fabregas is a brilliant player but he'll be a sub because who will he replace in their lineup. Busquets is the holding midfielder. xavi and iniesta are their playmakers and he's not as good as them. keita also is a possible starter. on left wing they have pedro/bojan/maxwell. and i doubt he'll get picked ahead of messi. i think he'll stay at arsenal for another season unless barcelona offer a ridiculous bid.

Quick Reply