Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 17492 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #138: Jun 14, 2010 10:15:43 pm
      Seems he's off then....

Shame but if he has no desire to help turn this club around then thankyou for the performances, goals and assists but now do one!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #139: Jun 14, 2010 10:18:12 pm
      Well he showed absolutely no desire to stay. So by all means he can F**k off and sit on chelsea's bench.

What my fellow kopite said right there.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #140: Jun 14, 2010 10:50:02 pm
      Chelsea are set to deliver a final insult to Joe Cole by signing Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool for £5.5million.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich has ruthlessly sanctioned the release of 28-year-old Cole, currently on World Cup duty with England, on a free transfer.

But in snapping up Benayoun, Chelsea are moving for a player two years OLDER.

The Double winners are also ready to hand the Israeli an amazing four-year deal worth 60,000 a week.

I think it's false since they only give 1 year extensions to 30+yo players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #141: Jun 14, 2010 10:50:43 pm
      Chelsea are set to deliver a final insult to Joe Cole by signing Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool for £5.5million.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich has ruthlessly sanctioned the release of 28-year-old Cole, currently on World Cup duty with England, on a free transfer.

But in snapping up Benayoun, Chelsea are moving for a player two years OLDER.

The Double winners are also ready to hand the Israeli an amazing four-year deal worth 60,000 a week.

I think it's false since they only give 1 year extensions to 30+yo players.

Wheres this from?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #142: Jun 14, 2010 11:05:58 pm
      this is a strange move really, have  the board given permission to yossi to talk terms with the new chairman.s fav . team and not agreed a  fee  ?
          So it was not about rafa , when he spoke he might leave a few months back, he just wanted to leave the club , end of , good riddens yossi and happy time on the bench ,
        hope its not the start of the players ' jumble sale
        YNWA
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #143: Jun 14, 2010 11:58:41 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/28426.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Chelsea have reportedly agreed to sign Yossi Benayoun to replace Joe Cole.

According to reports on the Jewish Chronicle website on Monday, the Liverpool star and Israel captain has agreed a four-year contract with Chelsea after the two clubs agreed a fee of around £7 million.

When news first broke of Cole's departure and the anticipated move to replace him with Benayoun, it caused incredulity for fans of both clubs. The Stamford Bridge faithful couldn't believe that Cole would go, but only days ago Chelsea announced his contract would not be renewed, while Liverpool supporters were in shock that Benayoun would wish to defect to the London club.

Then, when Benayoun later confirmed that he was negotiating a move to Chelsea, the Liverpool fans were even more shocked that one of their players was openly talking about leaving. There are fears Benayoun's exit could have a domino effect with Anfield's star names attracting attention,and Fernando Torres still on Chelsea's wanted list.

Benayoun flies back to England later this week from holiday in Israel to undergo a medical and pick up his £80,000-a-week wages, the salary that Cole was enjoying at the Bridge until he became a free agent and demanded a £30,000 plus pay rise, which Roman Abramovich refused to sanction.

Benayoun will himself enjoy a healthy pay rise due to his move from Liverpool to Chelsea. Cole, though, is left still considering his future while on England duty, putting the decision onto the backburner to concentrate on the World Cup finals in South Africa.

It has been suggested that he has 'signed' for Arsenal, but the Gunners' pre-contract is conditional on Cole returning from the tournament fully fit.

However, Arsenal's north London rivals Spurs have also declared their interest in trying to sign Cole, in Soccernet's exclusive interview with Spurs manager Harry Redknapp. West Ham too have made preliminary enquiries, but David Sullivan confided to Soccernet that Cole has already said no.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #144: Jun 15, 2010 12:12:15 am
      I like Yossi, i thought he was a great squad player.

But as its been said before, no commitment to our club means do one.  Just need Riera to f*ck off now
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #145: Jun 15, 2010 12:17:48 am
      What a strange move, he's basically leaving to be a bench warmer at Chelsea... Ridiculous.

It's such a shame, I proper liked Yossi as well, but if he has no commitment or loyalty then he's better off gone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Jun 15, 2010 12:22:00 am
      He was one of my favourite players when he was a loyal player, now i can't stand him. There is a case that yes he wants to win trophies but so does every player, he won't win a premierleague trophy though because he won't get enough games under his belt. Chelsea are F***ing up big time, letting Cole go for a poor mans Joe Cole just because he's only less wages. Ridiculoud but good move for us. Now all we need to do is somehow MAGICALLY persuade him to sign for us and we're onto a winner.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #147: Jun 15, 2010 12:25:03 am
      I heard possibly the worst conclusion into why he is leaving before. My friend who is a very close friend seemed to be convinced that he has to leave because we are about to be bought by a bunch of rich arabs and they refused to buy the club if there was an Israeli playing at the club.

I know it is ridiculous of my friend to say it but he was so convinced ;D.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Jun 15, 2010 12:32:19 am
      I heard possibly the worst conclusion into why he is leaving before. My friend who is a very close friend seemed to be convinced that he has to leave because we are about to be bought by a bunch of rich arabs and they refused to buy the club if there was an Israeli playing at the club.

I know it is ridiculous of my friend to say it but he was so convinced ;D.

You just couldn't make it up could you haha.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #149: Jun 15, 2010 12:35:25 am
      Doesn't make any sense. Chelsea wants to have more players below 30 but they're releasing Joe Cole and signing Benayoun?

I liked Benayoun. I thought he was one of our creative players in the side but if he does not have the desire to play for the best club in the world, he's better off warming the bench at Stamford Bridge.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #150: Jun 15, 2010 03:45:46 am
      He will Never ever in a F**kin Million years will be a Starter at Chelsea.

Maybe the Grass is more Greaner for yossi at Chelsea and the players dont see the same Liverpool as we the FANS do.

He wants to leave because he wants to win some silverware. I have no problem if the players want to move to another club because they think they can't win silverware here. Its ok. But, they should respect the club as well and stop whoring themselves in order to leave the club. In short, act in a professional manner.

Sigh
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #151: Jun 15, 2010 03:46:27 am
      And Yeah He has Lost My f***in Respect. >:( >:( >:(
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #152: Jun 15, 2010 04:33:03 am
      I'm afraid he wont be the only player to leave our club this summer.Yank bas**rds gonna catch every chance to make easy money before they F**k off :f_steam: Macherano,Nando,Stevie?Who's next?And can we blame them to leave the club without owners,without menager,without desire to make things better?Our club is bleeding,and we have to do something radical to stop it!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #153: Jun 15, 2010 08:17:21 am
      Mirror, Link is in title.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #154: Jun 15, 2010 08:25:04 am
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/139891
      CHELSEA made their first close- season signing last night with a surprise £5.5m swoop for Liverpool’s Yossi Benayoun.

The 30-year-old, who will effectively replace Joe Cole, signed a four-year deal worth around £12m.

The former West Ham midfielder never really established himself as a first-choice on Merseyside and found himself out of favour at the end of last season.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #155: Jun 15, 2010 08:47:37 am
      absolutely gutted, yossi has been one of my favourites in his time here, the only player in the squad capable of beating a man with some skill, also not afraid to get  stuck in which always impressed seeing he has the physical presence of a ten year old
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,670 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #156: Jun 15, 2010 08:50:17 am
      Mario Kart wont be the same without him. . . Ill get me coat
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #157: Jun 15, 2010 09:20:03 am
      the thing is, Rafa said he wouldnt sell for less than £10m, but we now allegedly sell for £5.5-£6.5m, the players are now going for what HICKS and GILLETT decide they go for...

we're fu**ed
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #158: Jun 15, 2010 10:13:14 am
      ^ Right on brother.

The man who had to sanction sales is no longer there to block these deals.

Yossi's departure is the tip of the iceberg.  I think it's a ridiculous price - especially when he had a brand new contract last year.  I'd like to see us replace an attacking midfielder with proven Premier League experience for that price.

Not going to happen.  And to sell to your rivals is criminal.

But then, I suppose Chelsea are no longer our rivals - it's more the Fulham's and Everton's of the league.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,670 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #159: Jun 15, 2010 10:16:32 am
      ^ Right on brother.

The man who had to sanction sales is no longer there to block these deals.

Yossi's departure is the tip of the iceberg.  I think it's a ridiculous price - especially when he had a brand new contract last year.  I'd like to see us replace an attacking midfielder with proven Premier League experience for that price.

Not going to happen.  And to sell to your rivals is criminal.

But then, I suppose Chelsea are no longer our rivals - it's more the Fulham's and Everton's of the league.

Truely a sign of things to come. The great Liverpool fire sale
      LFCexiled
      Reply #160: Jun 15, 2010 10:25:04 am
      Mario Kart wont be the same without him. . . Ill get me coat

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply