Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 17480 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #184: Jun 17, 2010 06:46:55 pm
      Chelsea can afford whomever they want as long as Roman the tw*t is still the owner.
      Not completely true, they have their limits. One of Chelsea's scouts, Piet de Visser, is a dutch commentator for the World Cup. After the Slovakia game they were discussing Marek Hamsik and he mentioned that he's likely out of Chelsea's price range now. Doesn't sound like they're willing to splash alot of money at the moment.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #185: Jun 17, 2010 07:10:08 pm
      Not completely true, they have their limits. One of Chelsea's scouts, Piet de Visser, is a dutch commentator for the World Cup. After the Slovakia game they were discussing Marek Hamsik and he mentioned that he's likely out of Chelsea's price range now. Doesn't sound like they're willing to splash alot of money at the moment.

I think if its someone Roman wants, he'll spend. Just like if he had a chance to sign our Fernando, he'd splash the funds for it, IMO.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #186: Jun 18, 2010 01:37:36 am
      Chelsea can afford whomever they want as long as Roman the tw*t is still the owner. The reason they won't get our Fernando is because he would never play for the cu*ts.

Please dont tempt fate by suggesting Torres is willing to put a manager less average Liverpool side in front of league winners with prospects.. Hes not gonna hang around in his prime playing small games hes already left his boyhood club over that.. he prob wont leave over the money but may leave for footballing glory
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #187: Jun 27, 2010 09:41:42 pm
      I think benayoun going to chelsea shows that they wont be able to afford torres, if ancelotti had so much money why would he replace cole with a lesser, older player?
      They already have a replacement, his name is Yuri Zhirkov. They could afford to offer him a season to get used to the new league/life, something we couldn't for Aquilani.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #188: Jul 01, 2010 02:12:11 pm
      Right, so what the hell is going on with Yossi?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #189: Jul 01, 2010 02:14:18 pm
      Right, so what the hell is going on with Yossi?

He's sat nibbling on some Edam like the little rat faced c**t he is.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #190: Jul 01, 2010 02:16:09 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #191: Jul 01, 2010 07:42:02 pm
      we simply can't lose a player of yossi's quality, will be gutted if we lose him to chelski.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #192: Jul 01, 2010 07:45:49 pm
      He will rarely play, maybe woy will hold him.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 938 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #193: Jul 01, 2010 09:45:41 pm
      Don't think he has been to bad overall would be sorry to see him go
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #194: Jul 01, 2010 09:49:44 pm
      At the end of the day if players are unhappy and want to leave then IF the manager gets the money then let them go but get the maximum amount possible for them ,maybe something Christian can do right ,screw another club for some money
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #195: Jul 01, 2010 09:49:54 pm
      Seems to me like Yossi (or his agent) has instigated this move and if that's the case then let him go.

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #197: Jul 02, 2010 11:58:06 am
      To be honest, he's 30, he didn't play well last season, and as far as I can remember, in his entire time here he had one good half a season, the rest of the time he has been unspectacular.

Sell him.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #198: Jul 02, 2010 12:01:12 pm
      looks as good as done, fair play to sell him, he's 30, we could get someone younger and better in!
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #199: Jul 02, 2010 12:02:31 pm
      As long as we use the money wisely for a better replacement I am not bothered about this departure, its our bigger players I am more worried about leaving.. Well I say players when what I mean is Mascherano.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #200: Jul 02, 2010 03:47:08 pm
      Yossi was a good player I felt like we could have gotten more than the supposed 5.5 million we got for him. (According to the Media, which means **** all)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #201: Jul 02, 2010 03:57:07 pm
      I know a lot of people liked Yossi on here, but for me he was inconsistent bit part player who had a purple patch last season.  I actually thought anything in & around the £6m mark would be a fair price & a decent bit of business.  I know many will disagree, but most of the time, on forums, disagreement is a fun sport.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #202: Jul 02, 2010 04:27:08 pm
      I know a lot of people liked Yossi on here, but for me he was inconsistent bit part player who had a purple patch last season.  I actually thought anything in & around the £6m mark would be a fair price & a decent bit of business.  I know many will disagree, but most of the time, on forums, disagreement is a fun sport.
      At 30yo, we're lucky to be even getting money for him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #203: Jul 02, 2010 06:03:28 pm
      It's official.

Yossi joins Chelsea

Liverpool have today completed the transfer of Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea Football Club.

The two clubs last month agreed an undisclosed fee for the player, who joined Liverpool from West Ham in 2007, and the deal has been confirmed this afternoon.

The 30-year-old Israeli international made 172 appearances and scored 37 goals during his three seasons with the Reds. 

A Liverpool spokesman said: "Yossi's departure was agreed between the player and Rafael Benitez a number of weeks ago. Everybody at Liverpool FC wishes him well for the future."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/yossi-joins-chelsea

Quick Reply