Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 17386 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #161: Jun 15, 2010 10:29:01 am
      Very disappointed with this.

What has been said regarding Rafa sanctioning sales is absolutely true.

This is just the start of it.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #162: Jun 15, 2010 10:39:59 am
      If Chelsea want Benny, why the fk aren't we talking to Joe Cole about replacing him!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #163: Jun 15, 2010 10:42:55 am
      Ā£5.5m - we are the F***ing laughing stock of football.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #164: Jun 15, 2010 10:44:20 am
      Ā£5.5m - we are the f**king laughing stock of football.

get used to it mate, Broughton will sell all our F***ing players to chavski
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #165: Jun 15, 2010 10:58:17 am
      If Chelsea want Benny, why the fk aren't we talking to Joe Cole about replacing him!

Because Cole seeks a copious amount of dollar dollar bills.

Something we will not have for a while.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #166: Jun 15, 2010 11:17:02 am
      Cole Digger... No thanks.
      If we lose Yossi Riera and Babel I would love to see Turan come in and Eccleston/Ince get a shot on the bench
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #167: Jun 15, 2010 12:03:03 pm
      So where is Purslow going to tell us the Ā£6.5 million for Benni, Ā£4.5 million for Dossena and the Ā£2 million for is gone because it looks to me by the end of the Summer we will have no players never mind trying to con us the money is gone on player contracts.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #168: Jun 15, 2010 12:04:26 pm
      So where is Purslow going to tell us the Ā£6.5 million for Benni, Ā£4.5 million for Dossena and the Ā£2 million for is gone because it looks to me by the end of the Summer we will have no players never mind trying to con us the money is gone on player contracts.

He'll pull up in a spanky new Merc smoking a big fat cigar lit with a ten dollar bill
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #169: Jun 15, 2010 01:02:10 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/15/liverpool-fc-deny-agreeing-deal-to-sell-want-away-midfielder-yossi-benayoun-to-chelsea-100252-26652100/

Liverpool FC deny agreeing deal to sell want-away midfielder Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea

Jun 15 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL today dismissed suggestions they have agreed a deal to sell want-away midfielder Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea.

Several reports emerged last night which claimed Benayoun had effectively wrapped up a move to Stamford Bridge by negotiating a four-year contract.

Though it is almost certain the Israeli midfielder will leave Anfield this summer, Reds officials have moved quickly to make it clear they have not entered into discussions with their Chelsea counterparts ā€“ nor are they in any hurry to do so.

With Chelsea allowing Joe Cole to leave on a free transfer, they are eager to bring in a midfielder with craft and guile and their search has brought them to Benayoun.

The 30-year-old ā€“ who only put pen-to-paper on an improved deal at Anfield 12 months ago ā€“ is understood to be anxious to leave Merseyside and has been linked with several clubs, including Serie A side Roma, in recent weeks.

Benayoun, ironically, first cast doubt on his Reds future after Liverpool were beaten 2-0 by Chelsea on May 2, when he stating that ā€œhe couldnā€™t say for sureā€ whether he would be at Anfield on the opening day of the new campaign.

But Liverpool, however, are not simply going to step aside and let Benayoun quit the club without a fight; for starters, they would be anxious to consider the views of their new manager ā€“ Roy Hodgson remains the favourite.

Yet they are also realistic to know that Benayoun, clearly, has his heart set on securing one more lucrative move before the end of his career and it now seems all the more apparent that the former West Ham has played his last game for the club.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #170: Jun 15, 2010 01:18:12 pm
      "The 30-year-old ā€“ who only put pen-to-paper on an improved deal at Anfield 12 months ago"

"Benayoun, ironically, first cast doubt on his Reds future after Liverpool were beaten 2-0 by Chelsea on May 2, when he stating that ā€œhe couldnā€™t say for sureā€ whether he would be at Anfield on the opening day of the new campaign"

then why sign an improved deal? make him saty and honour his contract if not do what every one els is doing and put a stupid price on his head...say Ā£800 million? ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #171: Jun 15, 2010 01:22:58 pm
      We definitely need to be upping our asking price.

Ā£10m. Come on you Chav cu*ts, come and get him now.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #172: Jun 15, 2010 01:26:14 pm
      i still cant believe what is happening to our club :-(
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #173: Jun 15, 2010 02:09:32 pm
      I now wish the summer was over, because the raping of Liverpool FC is going to dominate my thoughts until the end of the window. As JD said, this is just the beginning and we'll be competing with the Fulhams of the league now.

One more article for you...
      ANFIELD EXODUS BEGINS?
      Yossi Benayoun seals Chelsea switch - report
      Chelsea have agreed to sign Yossi Benayoun to replace Joe Cole - just as Soccernet revealed back in May.

According to reports on the Jewish Chronicle website on Monday, the Liverpool star and Israel captain has agreed a four-year contract with Chelsea after the two clubs agreed a fee of around Ā£7 million.

When news first broke of Cole's departure and the anticipated move to replace him with Benayoun, it caused incredulity for fans of both clubs. The Stamford Bridge faithful couldn't believe that Cole would go, but only days ago Chelsea announced his contract would not be renewed, while Liverpool supporters were in shock that Benayoun would wish to defect to the London club.

Then, when Benayoun later confirmed that he was negotiating a move to Chelsea, the Liverpool fans were even more shocked that one of their players was openly talking about leaving. There are fears Benayoun's exit could have a domino effect with Anfield's star names attracting attention,and Fernando Torres still on Chelsea's wanted list.

Benayoun flies back to England later this week from holiday in Israel to undergo a medical and pick up his Ā£80,000-a-week wages, the salary that Cole was enjoying at the Bridge until he became a free agent and demanded a Ā£30,000 plus pay rise, which Roman Abramovich refused to sanction.

Benayoun will himself enjoy a healthy pay rise due to his move from Liverpool to Chelsea. Cole, though, is left still considering his future while on England duty, putting the decision onto the backburner to concentrate on the World Cup finals in South Africa.

It has been suggested that he has 'signed' for Arsenal, but the Gunners' pre-contract is conditional on Cole returning from the tournament fully fit.

However, Arsenal's north London rivals Spurs have also declared their interest in trying to sign Cole, in Soccernet exclusive interview with Spurs manager Harry Redknapp. West Ham too have made preliminary enquiries, but David Sullivan confided to Soccernet that Cole has already said no.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=796521&sec=transfers&cc=5901

I'm not at all happy about any of this on many different levels.  I'm not happy with Broughton selling OUR players below value. I'm not happy that he's sold OUR player to a rival. It stinks of conflict of interest. I guess Nando is off for what? 20 million then? bas**rds.

And, I'm very displeased with Yossi for obvious reasons. I'm not one to begrudge a player wanting more (professionally speaking), but this isn't sitting well.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #174: Jun 15, 2010 04:37:15 pm
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/de/news/835/premier-league/2010/06/14/1976621/yossi-benayoun-verl%C3%A4ngert-beim-fc-liverpool

this is talkaloadofbull.com OKAY and in german, but this artical said that he add 4 more years to his liverpool time !!!
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #175: Jun 15, 2010 10:48:42 pm
      i think benayoun going to chelsea shows that they wont be able to afford torres, if ancelotti had so much money why would he replace cole with a lesser, older player?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #176: Jun 15, 2010 10:49:38 pm
      I think benayoun going to chelsea shows that they wont be able to afford torres, if ancelotti had so much money why would he replace cole with a lesser, older player?

Chelsea can afford whomever they want as long as Roman the tw*t is still the owner. The reason they won't get our Fernando is because he would never play for the cu*ts.
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #177: Jun 15, 2010 10:52:02 pm
      Chelsea can afford whomever they want as long as Roman the tw*t is still the owner. The reason they won't get our Fernando is because he would never play for the cu*ts.
      roman isint willing to put alot more money into the club if they dont win the cl soon
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #178: Jun 16, 2010 12:15:54 am
      Ive always considered Yossi our 4th best wide man who performs like our top wide man, seeing him go would be a little sad but then again NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN THIS CLUB AND IF YOUR HEART AINT IN IT F**k OFF!
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #179: Jun 16, 2010 11:53:21 am
      What a strange move, he's basically leaving to be a bench warmer at Chelsea... Ridiculous.

It's such a shame, I proper liked Yossi as well, but if he has no commitment or loyalty then he's better off gone.

fair point, but he doesnt want to play for us, so he can - 0121 - do one
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #180: Jun 16, 2010 12:56:58 pm
      What a strange move, he's basically leaving to be a bench warmer at Chelsea... Ridiculous.

It's such a shame, I proper liked Yossi as well, but if he has no commitment or loyalty then he's better off gone.

Hence my use of the phrase f**k him
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #181: Jun 16, 2010 06:47:12 pm
      He's been after a move since last summer.

He's not very good.

See you later Yossi, I hope the Chelsea bench is nice and comfy.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #182: Jun 16, 2010 06:54:35 pm
      He can F**k off if that's his attitude.
      lfc4evandever
      • Banned

• 14 posts |
      Reply #183: Jun 17, 2010 06:35:25 pm
      They can have him!