Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think?

Existing actions of occassional pre-match and post-match protests
      24 (10.3%)
      Official club store ban
      18 (7.7%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests
      9 (3.9%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests
      7 (3%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      50 (21.5%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      125 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 230

VOTE: Action against the owners

Read 29984 times
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Re: VOTE: Action against the owners
      Reply #299: Jun 18, 2010 12:19:13 pm
      we need to get the media more involved, everybody knows about manures green and gold campaign, people are wearing the scarves and dont even know what is stands for. all of my friends that dont support liverpool know fa about fans trying to get h&g out. all they know is that we hate them.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #300: Jun 18, 2010 12:23:53 pm
      I think all Liverpool Forums need to join up and have one all mighty post on what we are trying to do, it seems there are too many ideas being made and not many actually happen.  If the moderators on the forums could get together and have one big topic and hopefully we can get this across. The more Liverpool Fans the better.  There are too many people out there who have not got a clue on what is going on.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #301: Jun 18, 2010 01:58:39 pm
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #302: Jun 18, 2010 03:05:06 pm
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #303: Jun 18, 2010 03:07:55 pm
      how did you get them to pose for those mate ! :f_tongueincheek:
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #304: Jun 18, 2010 03:11:14 pm
      Nice One Gow!!!
      Lee_HTFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #305: Jun 18, 2010 11:01:31 pm
      Is that dispicable man that is Ian Ayre still at the club, he was part of the crap at Huddersfield Town when we nearly went bust!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #306: Jun 19, 2010 01:25:52 am
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #307: Jun 20, 2010 02:03:09 am
      Top bollocks,Red Command,Im on board, and I urge other reds to join.Politics we don't need,direct action is what is needed.Time to do what we did against other gobshites,burn the pallets at strategic locations,start a vigil,this will be a long fight but we must prevail.Forgive me but,I've been here before.Now we enter a phase of Direct Action.Not easy for the faint hearted,we respect your support,keep the faith,we will prevail.
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2010 06:59:32 pm by RedRoy »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #308: Jun 22, 2010 01:25:02 pm
      Thanks again for everyone's votes in this thread.

An interesting snapshot of people's opinions on the need for direct action.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #309: Jun 22, 2010 01:53:47 pm
      C'mon you yanks, call it quits and f**k off! You know you are hated, you won't even walk into your own stadium again, but I dare you to try you w@nkers!!!!!!!!!!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #310: Jun 29, 2010 01:57:30 pm
      Does anyone think we won't get a full house against Arsenal first game of the season?

I'm all for this not a penny more campaign, but how far has it gone?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #311: Jun 29, 2010 02:48:45 pm
      Does anyone think we won't get a full house against Arsenal first game of the season?

To be honest mate, i think that Anfield will be struggling to be half full for the match. It will be the first opportunity for tha fans to show their disgust against the owners and it will be on an international stage as it is a big game being aired all across the world.

It is interesting to see how the votes have went. I just worry about whether people will be able to stick to their word in their choice of action agaisnt the owners.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #312: Jun 29, 2010 02:54:53 pm
      That's it, when push comes to shove, I'm not sure all people are going to be able to do it.

I presume this will be the 4pm ko on the Sunday, so it's a perfect opportunity.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #313: Jun 29, 2010 03:25:52 pm
      Time has come for a full on boycott of the club, sad when it has come to this but will not be seen inside Anfield until the yank tw*ts are gone .Still find it hard to belive there are so called reds who still cant see just how bad things have got
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #314: Jun 29, 2010 03:32:12 pm
      The ground will be full, I will put money on it.  All the fans who would normally have no chance of getting a ticket are now rubbing there hands.  As lets face it, its all well and good saying how much you hate the owners nd what they are doing to the club, and that they back all the boycotts and stuff.  But when they get a chance to go to the game they will go.  The Yanks know this, they are not scared of this talk off a boycott.  I can guarentee Liverpool Airport on the day before the game will be jammed with Liverpool fans flying over for the game.

Lets not kid oursleves, the hardcore fanbase will boycott, but anyothers wont.  They are happy to sit on the fence and let everyone else do the work then claim all the glory when we do get sold.

I expect to see a week before the game, the ticket office displaying "Liverpool v Arsenal EPL SOLD OUT"
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #315: Jun 29, 2010 04:57:07 pm
      And if any of those fans continue to moan about the state of our club, they will certainly have some of the blood on their hands.

My conscience is clear. NOT A PENNY MORE!
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #316: Jun 29, 2010 06:27:58 pm
      As long as them cu*ts are here they will not be getting another f**king penny from me, or my other five regular match going    mates. We need to take proper actions now and anyone buying from the club store and still going the games need to have a word with themselves. We have just paid for a world class manager to go to the euro champs, our top players look like they could be on there way out and were getting f**king Woy Hodgeson and about 10mil tops to spend, what more has to happen before people relize as CRK says you have all got blood on your hands. WAKE UP FOR F*CK SAKE OUR CLUB IS DYING

NOT A PENNY MORE!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #317: Jun 29, 2010 06:51:12 pm
      PLAN!!

Along with the anti-owner shirts, why dont the fans buy retro shirts to show that we're sticking to the old way of Liverpool Football Club being run, the GOOD old days. Maybe even get "Yanks Out" on the back from JJB or something.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #318: Jun 29, 2010 06:59:58 pm
      Ive been pondering this thought today.

Alot of us, including me, have set out the fact we wont put another penny into the club. And rightly so. We wont go to matches, won't buy any of the overpriced food or overpriced crap in the official shop...

BUT we seem to be the minority of supporters. SOS have certainly undermined the message we're trying to send out and it seemingly wont affect the many other people wanting to get tickets. Which led me to this thought:

Would we actually be putting MORE money in the Yanks pockets by not going?

I shall explain.

None of us regular match goers go to the club shop on a match day. Ever. I went the very first time I went to Anfield and have never been since. Few of us will buy food whilst we're actually in the ground. We know its far cheaper to buy at the shops/pubs around the ground plus we risk missing the match by going to get food at half time which is obviously a massive no no.

Now. Lets look at the people who will be taking out tickets. The non regular match goers (obviously a regular match goer wouldn't take our ticket as he'd already be there). They're FAR more likely to go to the club shop and get a goodie bag. Almost certain to either buy some overpriced food or a programme souvenir. What's more, I know all the people here who are thinking of boycotting like me are the type of people we need more of at Anfield. Back of The Kop stand and sing for 90 minutes type.

So to summarise, would boycotting potentially be more profitable for the Yanks? I think so. A little bit more profitable, but over the course of a season it'll all add up.

Moral dilemma, isn't it?  :-\
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #319: Jun 29, 2010 07:27:46 pm
      Not going to the matches sounds like that you're fighting against the owners, not supporting the team. If I would get a chance to go to a match, I definitely would. I don't give a sh*t about how much money the yanks get, I want to support the team in times like these.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #320: Jun 30, 2010 12:27:22 am
      Not going to the matches sounds like that you're fighting against the owners, not supporting the team. If I would get a chance to go to a match, I definitely would. I don't give a sh*t about how much money the yanks get, I want to support the team in times like these.
      What's best for the team is the Yanks being gone! I'm sure the players understand this and would support us (secretly)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #321: Jun 30, 2010 12:30:13 am

Short term, surely not going to games would be supporting the Club you love.  The team is fleeting, I support the club. 

Quick Reply