Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?

Read 10418 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Re: Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?
      Reply #46: Jul 01, 2010 01:23:20 pm
      now with Roy in, what are your feelings?
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #47: Jul 01, 2010 01:28:13 pm
      if anyone once to leave let them we lost bigger players in past like rushy keegan only keep players who love the club like us
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #48: Jul 01, 2010 01:30:12 pm
      I think the only players that will leave with be Mash and Yossi to be fair

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #49: Jul 01, 2010 01:30:34 pm
      Gerrard, Carra, and Torres will stay now.....Gerrard said himself Roy was a great appointment.....I hope.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #50: Jul 01, 2010 01:31:07 pm
      I think the only players that will leave with be Mash and Yossi to be fair

lets bloody hope ur right!
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #51: Jul 01, 2010 01:31:38 pm
      Gerrard, Carra, and Torres will stay now.....Gerrard said himself Roy was a great appointment.....I hope.

but stevie didnt say he was looking forward to working with him?
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #52: Jul 01, 2010 01:39:50 pm
      benny and masc might be going but think others will stay hopefully
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 01, 2010 01:52:08 pm
      I doubt we will see Gerrard or Fernando leave, it's down too Masch really and I hope he gives RH a chance for once last season.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #54: Jul 01, 2010 01:53:59 pm
      I doubt we will see Gerrard or Fernando leave, it's down too Masch really and I hope he gives RH a chance for once last season.

the players who might leave are to blaim for us losing 19 games rafa got sacked they get a big signing on fee for failure greedy bas**rds
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #55: Jul 01, 2010 01:54:51 pm

the players who might leave are to blaim for us losing 19 games rafa got sacked they get a big signing on fee for failure greedy bas**rds

That was just a noise
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #56: Jul 01, 2010 02:22:12 pm
      but stevie didnt say he was looking forward to working with him?

I think that's a slightly paranoid reaction. I didn't used to believe Stevie would be here for the 10/11 campaign, but my opinion has shifted. I do believe Nando is staying for at least one more season, too.

Mascherano and Benayoun seem destined to leave of their own accord. I'm not happy to see them go, but if they don't want to be here, I'd be the last person to stop them.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #57: Jul 01, 2010 03:38:41 pm
      I think Gerrard may stay because Roy is a good man manager who will get us playing decent football again, and he will have more of a say. If Torres does go we will get 50m of which about 25m will be available for a striker, it's not perfect but its not the end of the world. Also I think a lot of clubs are being put off Torres by his injury record and his appalling world cup, we all know how good he is but he can't stay fit can he?

At the end of the day we are in the sh*t, and we have attracted a decent manager who will hopefully give us a bit of pride back, Kenny will also get on well with Roy and I think things will generally be a bit more open around the place, Rafa was a bit negative and a closed book wasn't he?
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #58: Jul 01, 2010 03:51:08 pm
      I think Gerrard may stay because Roy is a good man manager who will get us playing decent football again, and he will have more of a say. If Torres does go we will get 50m of which about 25m will be available for a striker, it's not perfect but its not the end of the world. Also I think a lot of clubs are being put off Torres by his injury record and his appalling world cup, we all know how good he is but he can't stay fit can he?

At the end of the day we are in the sh*t, and we have attracted a decent manager who will hopefully give us a bit of pride back, Kenny will also get on well with Roy and I think things will generally be a bit more open around the place, Rafa was a bit negative and a closed book wasn't he?

Gerrard is as good as gone to Real.

Masch will definitely go this summer.

Benny has gone to Chelsea.

Torres will follow but not yet because the right deal isn't in place for his preferred destination but it won't be long.

Roy's budget is £15m less his release fee i.e. about £12m. He failed to get any assurance that sale proceeds would be re-invested in the squad because they won't be.

Economic realities are still economic realities and LFC under Hicks/Gillett/Purslime is a sinking ship. Roy is having his day and I wish him all the luck in the world because that is all he is going to get.This appointment is the icing on the cake of a long career. As has already been pointed out Roy is now older than Shanks was when he retired.

BTW Roy is not in the same league as Rafa.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #59: Jul 01, 2010 05:49:02 pm
      Quote from: Martin Broughton, 1st July 2010
      "If I can just go on record again and say they are not for sale, we don't need the money. We don't have any desire or need to sell players in order to pay down the debt."

Under normal circumstances, this would close the case of players being flogged entirely.

But our board are hardly shining examples of the truth. It seems like it's more of a case of 'we're covering our backs so people think they're offski because they want to go.'

I hate what H&G have turned us in to.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Jul 01, 2010 05:53:51 pm
      I think everyone will stay except Mascherano and Yossi..
      Others may leave but I think those players will be unwanted anyway..
      Reina, Carra, Agger, Gerrard, Torres will be here- the spine of the team ;)
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #61: Jul 01, 2010 07:19:43 pm
      It seems like it's more of a case of 'we're covering our backs so people think they're offski because they want to go.'

Spot on, Joey. I can hear it now. "We pleaded with Steven to stay, but inevitably the draw of being able to play Champions League football in Madrid was too strong. We, of course, wish Steven the best and would like to let RBS know that the check is in the mail."
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #62: Jul 05, 2010 03:41:23 pm
      TORRES latest.

#    @saveliverpoolfc  The interview with him was quite positive, I thought. Just seems he's making sure all the doors are open for him.     12 minutes ago  via Twitter for BlackBerry®  in reply to saveliverpoolfc

# Impression is that Torres is edging towards wanting out of #LFC. No firm decision yet, though. That'll come in a couple of weeks. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Torres agent quotes intriguing. Looks like an attempt to force #cfc or #barca into giving him a decision to make. #mcfc outsiders. #LFC about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://go.telegraph.co.uk/?id=296X679&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Frorysmith_tel

RorySmith_tel. 
      Telegraph Journalist
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #63: Jul 05, 2010 04:23:14 pm
      Just been reading about this on Rawk. Very worrying and by Tony Evans who is usually OK.  On Talksport this pm.

http://www.talksport.net/mediaplayer/media_player.asp?id=111351&c=&t=&rssPodcast=&podcastid=&mediaType=1
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #64: Jul 05, 2010 06:05:55 pm
      Pepe.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #65: Jul 05, 2010 07:47:54 pm
      The only two that I'm certain will stay are Pepe and Carra, I'd like to think that Stevie would give us another season but I can see him being sold by the stealing bas**rds and Brooklyn's scene becoming a reality. I think Torres could be forced out people in his ear making chatter chatter about other teams being able to match his ambition in challenging for major honours. I hope though that any player that dose leave is replaced by ether some one with equivalent ability or better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: Jul 05, 2010 08:26:32 pm
      Hey Rafa.
      You said fourth.
      It wasnt.

Whatever (the MasterPlan) the players are now out in the cold looking in through the window at the Champions League.
      ?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #67: Jul 06, 2010 08:36:18 pm
      Just been reading about this on Rawk. Very worrying and by Tony Evans who is usually OK.  On Talksport this pm.

http://www.talksport.net/mediaplayer/media_player.asp?id=111351&c=&t=&rssPodcast=&podcastid=&mediaType=1
      Talksport the radios sun!!!!!
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #68: Jul 06, 2010 08:43:33 pm
      Tony Evans is a Liverpool supporter and usually talks sense ! I personally didn't hear it but as I posted , it was being discussed on Rawk. I just posted the link. Thought it was interesting !!
      I DO  NOT and would NOT read the Sun and resent the comparison.

Quick Reply