Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?

Read 10423 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?
      Reply #69: Jul 06, 2010 09:21:51 pm
      Did'nt mean to offend, but I have to listen to this tripe when on nights it is the radio version of the sun  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #70: Jul 06, 2010 10:55:14 pm
      Whoever goes goes. Any player, no mater how good, can do one in my view if they arent happy to pull on that shirt

Despite those 2 shitehawks and there henchmen trying there best to ruin it this club is still and always will be very special. And any player who doesnt want to be part of it can move on. No such thing as a bit of loyalty any more. Big money contracts gladly signed and when things go bad they cant commit to staying! Spoilt kids
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #71: Jul 06, 2010 11:04:24 pm
      Whoever goes goes. Any player, no mater how good, can do one in my view if they arent happy to pull on that shirt

Despite those 2 shitehawks and there henchmen trying there best to ruin it this club is still and always will be very special. And any player who doesnt want to be part of it can move on. No such thing as a bit of loyalty any more. Big money contracts gladly signed and when things go bad they cant commit to staying! Spoilt kids

Good post Brian78.

Which players will STAY in the Summer?

The players that are genuinely happy to be here and those that signed for the honour of pulling on the famous red shirt. Anyone else is just a mercenary.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #72: Jul 07, 2010 12:42:08 am
      Exactly!

There has to be loyalty- I refuse to believe the game i love has turned to be completely about money!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #73: Jul 07, 2010 01:00:43 am
      Nando wanted four or five QUALITY players.

Hicks promised a BIG summer.

Why do I doubt both happening?

Which players will stay?  No idea and no one else does except the players themselves.

Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #74: Jul 07, 2010 02:15:49 am

Which players will stay?  No idea and no one else does except the players themselves.

I doubt they do ether. I would't be surprised if privately the majority of the squad was made available by H&G and are o so great managing director Purslow. The only two I would bet my house on still being here next year are Pepe and Carra (by the way I don't own my house).
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #75: Jul 07, 2010 04:40:55 pm
      I'm a massive fan of Javier but after watching him lately I can see his many faults when he has the ball. He does pointless passes and takes the ball off of the center back only to pass it to the other center back or our right back, (a job that can easily be done by the center back who started with the ball) if he does decide to pass the ball forward its an easy pass that is most likely put right back at him. Don't get me wrong he wins the ball very well and frustrates teams but he has no initiative at all and without Xabi last year he was dumbfounded on many occasions and really struggled with ball at foot.. In Ireland our world cup panel compared him with Bastian Schweinsteiger and it was clear to see that he isn't a 'footballer'. I am of the opinion that there is no real need for a holding midfielder in todays game a midfielder must be able to both attack and defend. They are midfielders after all :f_doh: :f_doh:

If a 30 million pound bid did come from Inter or Barca I would be inclined to accept as this would give Woy 35 Million pounds realistically to spend on the development of the Liverpool squad. Rafa in my opinion made a  monumental mistake of keeping him here instead of Xabi as Alonso has proven in the world cup that if he is given space he creates an abundance of chances. Something Javier will never provide :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: If he did go I would like Stevie and Alberto in the middle as the are two players who can control the tempo of all games and between the two of them they can decide on who attacks and holds back...

*I posted it in his player profile but I thought it would be worth a place in here too.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #76: Jul 07, 2010 04:44:52 pm
      I'm a massive fan of Javier but after watching him lately I can see his many faults when he has the ball. He does pointless passes and takes the ball off of the center back only to pass it to the other center back or our right back, (a job that can easily be done by the center back who started with the ball) if he does decide to pass the ball forward its an easy pass that is most likely put right back at him. Don't get me wrong he wins the ball very well and frustrates teams but he has no initiative at all and without Xabi last year he was dumbfounded on many occasions and really struggled with ball at foot.. In Ireland our world cup panel compared him with Bastian Schweinsteiger and it was clear to see that he isn't a 'footballer'. I am of the opinion that there is no real need for a holding midfielder in todays game a midfielder must be able to both attack and defend. They are midfielders after all :f_doh: :f_doh:

If a 30 million pound bid did come from Inter or Barca I would be inclined to accept as this would give Woy 35 Million pounds realistically to spend on the development of the Liverpool squad. Rafa in my opinion made a  monumental mistake of keeping him here instead of Xabi as Alonso has proven in the world cup that if he is given space he creates an abundance of chances. Something Javier will never provide :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: If he did go I would like Stevie and Alberto in the middle as the are two players who can control the tempo of all games and between the two of them they can decide on who attacks and holds back...

*I posted it in his player profile but I thought it would be worth a place in here too.

Except if we sell for 30 million, Roy won't get even half of it as it'll be going straight back into the banks pockets.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #77: Jul 07, 2010 04:56:51 pm
      Except if we sell for 30 million, Roy won't get even half of it as it'll be going straight back into the banks pockets.

Ah but here is where the fun begins as Martin Broughton has stated in Roy's press conference that he would receive all the money from any potential sales. I am not naive I do realize he won't get all 30 million but he will receive roughly 20 million, (as Rafa received from Xabi's sale) which along with the sufficient funds he currently has ie. 15 million we are looking at the 35 million that I believe will be made available. Call me optimistic if you wish but Martin can't come out and say what he said about the sales and then do the opposite. Martin is a very shrewd business man and wouldn't want his reputation tarnished by being associated as a liar and scum. Look at Hicks and Gillette now they are being perceived as unapproachable by banks as their investments have turned sour for them. (One of the main reasons why are sale is being constructed by Martin as H&G are as I said 'unapproachable') Back on to the topic though I think Javier should be left go for transfer funds as he is not the type of midfielder we need in my opinion and if Gerrard and Torres stay well then we will have to thank Woy :)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #78: Jul 09, 2010 11:10:35 am
      we can add Kuyt to the list now!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Jul 09, 2010 02:17:15 pm
      Good to see Kuyt's not bailing out.

Kuyt keen on Liverpool stay

(UKPA) – 4 hours ago

Dirk Kuyt has given new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson some good news by declaring his wish to remain at Anfield.

Kuyt is yet to speak with Rafael Benitez's replacement and will be otherwise engaged this weekend as he looks to win the World Cup with Holland, but once the excitement of life in South Africa has died down, Kuyt will have a chat with Hodgson.

"Of course I want to stay," said the 26-year-old. "Liverpool is a great club with a great history. Unfortunately in my four years I haven't won anything but hopefully in the future, I will still have that chance. We will have to see what happens but hopefully the manager wants me to stay."

He added: "I spoke to people at the club and I know he wants to speak with me. But it is very difficult at the moment because we are so busy and focus on what lies ahead."

However, Kuyt cannot hide his relief at being able to put a tortuous season behind him and get to the brink of such a staggering achievement with Holland.

The Dutch take on Spain on Sunday with both countries looking for their first World Cup success.

"It is really satisfying to end the season like this," he said. "It has been a long and hard season at Liverpool. Mentally it has been tough.

"You play for a club like that to win trophies and it did not happen.

"Thankfully, the Dutch manager gave me a week off after I had finished with Liverpool so I could focus on this tournament.

"That was good for me. Afterwards I trained hard. I fought for my place in the team. I am enjoying myself now and here we are in the final."
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #80: Jul 09, 2010 02:44:31 pm
      Think we can keep all bar Masch if meetings go as well as claimed.
      Maybe lose Insua along the line also, but for the most part I don't think the squad will be cleaned out.
      If Riera stays I can see him becoming one of the most unsupported players ever to feature for us.
      If he stays it will take a fairly spectacular season for him to get fans onside.
      I would prefer to support Pacheco though
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #81: Jul 10, 2010 07:57:10 pm
      I'm concerned about our young prospects.

I wonder what will happen to the likes of Pacheco, Nemeth and Kelly.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #82: Jul 10, 2010 11:32:07 pm

Not sure about the first two but Im sure Kelly will shine under Hodgson.

Im sure Roy will see the ability of Pacheco and want to keep hold of him but Nemeth Im not so sure. Wouldnt suprise me if he got sold on which would be a shame as he showed lot of potential in the ressies
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 10:40:18 am by kelvo »
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #83: Jul 11, 2010 01:32:49 pm
      Heres to hoping they all stay!   ;D

Benayoun has already left to warm Chelsea`s bench,
      Mascherano looks almost certain to go, (i am mentally prepared for this one!)   

Pepe, Carragher, Kuyt, Jovananavich, Skrtel, Agger- have commited themselves!   

Out of the rest of them- i would only be gutted if Torres, Gerrard, Aquliani or Maxi left.

I think now we have a manager in place, they will be swaying more toward the staying!
      Although i am thinking if we dont sell up & make a major improvement over the coming season- good players will leave!

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #84: Jul 11, 2010 03:25:10 pm
      If any of that Yossi stuff is true, why is he so cut when Rafa is no longer here? What if Roy likes him as a person and player much more than Ancelotti?

I wonder if Milan is going to keep Babel from playing. :\
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #85: Jul 11, 2010 03:27:43 pm
      If any of that Yossi stuff is true, why is he so cut when Rafa is no longer here? What if Roy likes him as a person and player much more than Ancelotti?

I wonder if Milan is going to keep Babel from playing. :\

I personally think everyone will be given a clean slate by Woy. And I certainly don't blame him for doing so.

It's a fresh start, and the best thing to do is start over with people that you've never met before. Give them all a chance to prove themselves, including the young'uns.

I think everyone bar Mascherano will be staying. So there's one slate that's getting smashed.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Jul 11, 2010 03:27:45 pm
      everyone except mascherano who wants to and reunite with rafa at inter, apart from that then it will be the same with hopefully some good buys from roy.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #87: Jul 11, 2010 03:43:34 pm

I too wonder mate. We have a 10m academy and its about time we started using it. Hopefully between Roy and Kenny this will happen. Under the last regime the likes of Kelly and Pacheco would never have been given a good run in the side. But a new era brings a clean slate so lets see what Roy does. Hopefully the next Carras', Gerrards and Fowlers are not too far away!
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #88: Jul 12, 2010 02:36:06 am

Hopeful.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #89: Jul 12, 2010 02:43:22 am
      I too wonder mate. We have a 10m academy and its about time we started using it. Hopefully between Roy and Kenny this will happen. Under the last regime the likes of Kelly and Pacheco would never have been given a good run in the side. But a new era brings a clean slate so lets see what Roy does. Hopefully the next Carras', Gerrards and Fowlers are not too far away!

Considering Rafa said Kelly would have undoubtedly played more 1st team games last season if he hadn't got injured & Pacheco didn't quite look ready for regular first team football last sesaon, when he played, on what do you base your statement? It's no good bringing youth through if they aren't ready, but Rafa has left us with an Academy side & a few players in the Reserves that may actually break through to the first team.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #90: Jul 14, 2010 06:37:23 pm
      Odds of about 13/8 were posted the other day regarding Torres leaving (for City I think those odds were for).

Odds on both Torres and Gerrard staying are evens with BetFred. Highlights the nature of the market. I wouldn't take much notice of odds with regards to either players.
      JFT96
      • Banned

• 17 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 15, 2010 11:59:22 am
      Our three best players - Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, I think the only player to go will be Mascherano.

Where will Torres go? I can't see him signing for another premiership club out of respect for liverpool. He can't sign for real due to his love of athletico. He won't sign for Inter because i don't think hes a great fan of Rafa. AC, Juve have never been linked with him, maybe they can't afford him and Barca have just signed Villa, i don't think they will sign another striker for big bucks, especially seen as their in the hunt for fabregas at present.

Same with Gerrard. Real have recently stated they will not make a move for him. He won't go to Inter because of Rafa. AC and Juve have never been linked with him. Barca don't need him. Chelsea won't pay the asking price and I really cannot see him moving to City. City are still 3 or 4 seasons away from winning the league in my opinion, he may as well finish his career at Anfield.

Other players such as Babel, Lucas, Riera, im really not fussed about. They can be replaced with similar players for similar money. Obviously they will have their own admirers but in my opinion those are the players that won't be missed, not by me anyway. Maybe shipping out 4 or 5 of those players and replacing them with new faces would do the team some good.

Quick Reply