Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102923 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9338: Sep 12, 2016 08:05:48 pm
      There are 40 games left to play in that league, and a long way to go. There are also a pile of teams still within 1-2 points of Newcastle. A couple of draws and slip ups, and he'll be scrapping it out with them.

It's one thing to say you don't think he was particularly good for us, but you are actively willing him to fail.

Baffles me, it really does. A man who won us a European cup and you actually want him to fail, let alone have an ounce of goodwill towards him.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9339: Sep 12, 2016 08:50:38 pm
      Something still worries me with Newcastle. It's just a club made for self destruction.

Can't see them running away with the league actually.

That's true, but when you look at their managers since Bobby Robson, it is a very very poor list. Having Rafa there really has bucked that trend and I expect them to get their act together at long last now.

Rafa is undoubtedly the best manager they've had - greater than Robson too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #9340: Sep 12, 2016 09:10:29 pm
      That's true, but when you look at their managers since Bobby Robson, it is a very very poor list. Having Rafa there really has bucked that trend and I expect them to get their act together at long last now.

Rafa is undoubtedly the best manager they've had - greater than Robson too.

Gotta prove yourself wherever you go and if Rafa takes Newcastle up this season (long way to go yet, but surely they must win promotion) then it'll be fascinating to see how far he can take them.

Judging by what Shabs posted, he's already got some fans saying that he "gets them" and talk of being stultified by tactics master classes; strong hints that he might just be developing a new cult following. Imagine he wins them a cup? Jesus...no, really!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9341: Sep 12, 2016 09:40:21 pm
      Can't see them running away with the league actually.

you are the "The Chosen One" of the forum
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9342: Sep 12, 2016 09:56:20 pm
      Judging by what Shabs posted, he's already got some fans saying that he "gets them" and talk of being stultified by tactics master classes; strong hints that he might just be developing a new cult following. Imagine he wins them a cup? Jesus...no, really!

I'm in the North East mate, trust me, the cult following is already there, they F***ing love the man.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #9343: Sep 12, 2016 10:06:49 pm
      I'm in the North East mate, trust me, the cult following is already there, they f**king love the man.

Haha don't doubt you mate! Good ol' Rafa has got his new project underway!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9344: Sep 12, 2016 10:12:50 pm
      Between Rafa & Klopp's best mate David Wagner, Rafa has bought some good English talent in the championship....love to see both managing in the prem..

Dead right about Wagner. Would love to see him and Huddersfield in the top flight. I was at the friendly we played against Huddersfield two months ago. First time and I thought it was brilliant. Great town, great club, great stadium and great fans. Well worth a day out. What a rich history they have as well aside from the fact Shankly managed them. Arguably the first great English club what with the exploits they achieved under Herbert Chapman. Desperately want to see them in the league. They'd be a massive asset to it! With them and Rafa's Newcastle, the Championship is very interesting this season!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9345: Sep 13, 2016 07:38:39 pm
      Quote from RedWilly
      It's one thing to say you don't think he was particularly good for us, but you are actively willing him to fail.

Baffles me, it really does. A man who won us a European cup and you actually want him to fail, let alone have an ounce of goodwill towards him.

As it equally baffles me that a man who has long since left the club, still commands so much adoration.

Graeme Souness won 3 European Cups for us, and the FA Cup while recovering from his op. Great as it was, it doesn't mean I wanted him to succeed at other clubs, as it doesn't mean I want Newcastle to succeed now. Once coaches leave, they leave.

We're not a small club, and Istanbul is not the only European Cup we've ever won. So there's more to him than Istanbul. A lot more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #9346: Sep 13, 2016 08:22:06 pm
      As it equally baffles me that a man who has long since left the club, still commands so much adoration.

Graeme Souness won 3 European Cups for us, spoke to the s*n and won the FA Cup while recovering from his op. Great as it was, it doesn't mean I wanted him to succeed at other clubs, as it doesn't mean I want Newcastle to succeed now. Once coaches leave, they leave.

We're not a small club, and Istanbul is not the only European Cup we've ever won. So there's more to him than Istanbul. A lot more.

Corrected it for you!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #9347: Sep 13, 2016 08:28:01 pm
      Wining 0-2 at QPR.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9348: Sep 13, 2016 09:18:36 pm

5-0 now I think.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9349: Sep 13, 2016 09:25:08 pm

Graeme Souness won 3 European Cups for us, and the FA Cup while recovering from his op. Great as it was, it doesn't mean I wanted him to succeed at other clubs, as it doesn't mean I want Newcastle to succeed now. Once coaches leave, they leave.

Yes how dare we adore a man who took us back to the top of European football...who would have thought it! One of only 3 men to lead us to the European Cup, he's in elite company there. 

Souness is regularly spoken about as arguably our greatest ever midfielder, so it's hardly like he isn't getting a fair shake.

I'm not talking about 'wanting' him to succeed, honestly it won't bother me if he succeeds or fails at Newcastle but the difference is, I'm not actively willing him to fail as you seem to with every single post about the man.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9350: Sep 13, 2016 09:25:54 pm
      Christ, his Newcastle are absolutely pummelling QPR at Loftus Road! What difference a quality manager actually makes.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9351: Sep 13, 2016 09:27:44 pm

You consistently do this to get a rise out of members here. You're full of f**king sh*t you troll. Go and support another club if you don't respect Rafa. This club doesn't need worthless sods like you.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2016 09:41:12 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9352: Sep 13, 2016 09:40:40 pm
      6-0 against QPR away just hope they don't go all big time now a familiar fault which usually fucks them up
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9353: Sep 13, 2016 09:40:57 pm
      The Championship is full of so many excellent teams that it's by far the most entertaining league in the world.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9354: Sep 13, 2016 09:42:02 pm
      6-0 against QPR away just hope they don't go all big time now and believe their own hype which is a familiar story for Newcastle. Does that put them top now as Huddersfield lost

I think they're one point behind Walt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9355: Sep 13, 2016 09:43:21 pm
      I think they're one point behind Walt.

he seems to have Shelvey playing again which is good for the lad he has been lost for a good while now
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #9356: Sep 13, 2016 09:47:56 pm
      I think Rafa will piss that league to be honest . Wil shut a few fckers up .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9357: Sep 13, 2016 09:49:27 pm

I doubt it will mate but seeing Rafa enjoying life is good enough.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9358: Sep 13, 2016 09:49:28 pm

Barnsley might have something to say about that mate  :P
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9359: Sep 13, 2016 10:05:03 pm
      What a result that is. Phenomenal
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #9360: Sep 13, 2016 10:08:27 pm
      Well effin ell hes not embarrassed to lose 7 nil fckin should be , hasnt changed his post match interview routine either ,

Quick Reply