Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Emiliano Insua (Anywhere but Liverpool apparently)

Read 35892 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Emiliano Insua (Anywhere but Liverpool apparently)
      Jun 09, 2010 03:18:48 am
      Fiorentina ready to end Emiliano Insua's Liverpool hell with £3.5m bid to prise Argentine left-back
      Fiorentina are weighing up a £3.5million bid for Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua.

The 21-year-old has been at Liverpool since 2007 and impressed when he first broke into the side but has suffered from poor form this year.

Liverpool have released Fabio Aurelio but are keen to find a new left-back once a new manager is in place.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285054/Fiorentina-want-3-5m-Liverpool-left-Emiliano-Insua.html#ixzz0qJZ0UDRo

:D Liverpool hell for Insua? The kid got his shot here and played for Argentina thanks to this club.

Anyway, Fiorentina can f**k off. We don't have left backs to throw away and not for that price.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 10:35:28 pm by CRK »
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Re: Emiliano Insua (Fiorentina)
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2010 08:53:07 am
      i hope this doesn't materialise as i have high hopes for insua. his form diped last season but hopefully we buy another left back for him to compete with - which should bring the best out of him - as he was guaranteed his place for most of last season
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2010 10:00:32 am
      If we get a replacement left back then id say let him go!

We could use agger or johnson as back up if the new boy gets crocked!
      They could do with upping there bid though, they should count compensation for knocking us out of the champions league ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2010 10:03:58 am
      Liverpool hell my @rse.
      More like Insua hell for Liverpool.
      Got more games then he deserved last year due to Aurelio being injured and was a constant focus for the opposition to expose us when he played. Mind you without him we have only youth players for left backs. Robinson and Cooper
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2010 10:13:53 am
      Insua is still young and can improve a lot. Selling him for 3.5m would be stupid.
      bahliverpool
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Scouser from Ukraine
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2010 11:24:15 am
      We can't let him go. When i heard, that Fabio is set to leave us, I realised - Insua is the only man, who can stably and on high level play on the left wing of defense. If we would do this, we would have to buy another good player with price about 5-7 million pounds to replace Emiliano. He is very young and can increase his level of skill to extremely good one! He is one of our future stars.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2010 11:24:47 am
      I thin he is a good player and will break to be a better player when he is older.
      He is only 21.
      He wasn't meant to play all those games last season he only did because of fabio's injury's.

I would keep him no matter what.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2010 12:17:46 pm
      I thin he is a good player and will break to be a better player when he is older.
      He is only 21.
      He wasn't meant to play all those games last season he only did because of fabio's injury's.

I would keep him no matter what.

We still need a quality left back with this kid as back up until Robinson, Mavinga or Cooper are ready to fill his place so for now I would keep him
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2010 02:18:00 pm
      I would much rather keep this kid up for at least another year, last year was first full professional year playing 30 plus games and I believe he did get burnt out towards the end of the season. Inusa got talent to become a good football and good LB for the club but needs a little polishing.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2010 02:25:58 pm
      One more chance for him I think, especially now Fabio is gone. But anyway, not enough money in that deal there anyway
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2010 04:18:53 pm
      I´d sell him for a reasonable fee.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Jun 09, 2010 04:38:15 pm
      I´d sell him for a reasonable fee.
      10m would be reasonable
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Jun 09, 2010 04:41:03 pm
      He has the potential to become a very good left-back in years to come.

We should keep him for now. Have him as a back-up to whoever becomes first choice.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #13: Jun 09, 2010 04:49:41 pm
      I am sick of all the stick this kid catches....he is still a kid!  He needs some time to improve the tactical side of his game and his positioning could use some work, but he has all the right tools to become a fantastic left back.  By the time he is 24 he will be a world class left back....he just needs some time to mature into that player.  A little support from the fans would go a long way for his confidence too. 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #14: Jun 09, 2010 06:24:16 pm
      Keep the lad, he has potential.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #15: Jun 09, 2010 06:53:37 pm
      Truth is, Fiorentina could snatch him for £3.5m and then he could grow to be one of the best left-backs there are. You just don't know with these kinds of things.

Could this suggest that Vargas is on his way out, though?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2010 02:14:37 am
      And be left with no left back at the club, yeah great idea to sell him :roll:
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2010 09:11:43 pm
      We spent an entire season with one right back and one striker. Sell this tart and have shot of him he's not good enough, you don't get 3 years to "settle" in football, you have it or you don't...he doesn't...
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #18: Jun 22, 2010 09:21:46 pm
      We haven't got enough cover in that position so selling should be out of the question at the moment.

Agger is needed at centre back not left side.

Think Insua was poor last season, his positional sense is shocking at times but that can be worked on. He has the right attitude and has plenty of time on his side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Jun 22, 2010 09:22:09 pm
      We spent an entire season with one right back and one striker. Sell this tart and have shot of him he's not good enough, you don't get 3 years to "settle" in football, you have it or you don't...he doesn't...

One right back? From what i saw we were having to constantly rotate our right back position because Johnson kept getting injured. Also he hasn't had 3 years to settle, this has been his first season of regular first team football and he only played as much as he did because there was no one else to play there. As it stands we don't have another left back to play there so why sell the only natural one we have? If Insua is to be sold then i bloody well want a new left back come in first, we can't take any chances.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #20: Jun 23, 2010 09:41:08 am

Where did we finish last season with one right back and one sstriker?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jun 23, 2010 09:52:17 am
      Can i remind everyone that he was brilliant in the early part of the season and his career, he got a full international cap, and scored his first goal this season.

He is young and no young player shines in a side that is that shot of confidence. Give him time and let him develop.

onecoolcookie, i suppose Carra should of been shot of? I mean, the beginning of his career wasn't the best was it?
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #22: Jun 23, 2010 09:52:54 am
      no more news?

Quick Reply