Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Boycotting the Arsenal Game

Read 20997 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Boycotting the Arsenal Game
      Reply #23: Jun 17, 2010 06:03:11 pm
      I'm all for boycotting the games mate. What I don't see the point in though, is buying a ticket and not going. It defeats the object.
      I think he was talking about Season Ticket holders.

It would still be an amazing sight if many season ticket holders didn't turn up and the ground was hardly full.  In a way season tickets have even more power here because they can simply sit on their ticket if they choose.

I'll admit the first game hasn't helped - although if it's on tele (and I bet Liverpool will be talking to Sky so it isn't) then it could be a huge boost.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24: Jun 17, 2010 06:13:53 pm
      What is scary is the shitheads will make money if the club goes into administration???
      I read in another thread that this might be their preferred end game, if it's sh*t or bust.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #25: Jun 17, 2010 06:29:28 pm
      Working hours, finances, kids on the floor, the bastarding CSA and other factors have a bearing on my attendance at Anfield but i'll be doing what i can and my boycott will be held until they have gone.

I for one (like many, many others) would love to be a season ticket holder and i fully understand any who are wanting to renew, if i was one i would renew but i'd still withhold my support. Easy to say when i'm not but i'm a man of my word and i swear i will maintain my boycott and i would do anything that would assist the ousting of the scum who possess the lease on us.

We have to live with the fact that the dominance of Mancypoo over the last couple of decades has an adverse affect on support for us via the media, there's been a lot of glory hunting going on around this country for 20 years and we have to deal with it. Scum readers are anti us because of that particular rough arse wipe of a rags treatment of us over the years and various Journo's in other tabloids are also anti anything LFC.

In short people. WE ONLY HAVE EACH OTHER. Divide and conquer has gone on long enough and now is the time to bring solidarity within our ranks and oust the Yanks.
      lfc4evandever
      • Banned

• 14 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 17, 2010 06:29:51 pm
      I'm boycotting anyway.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jun 17, 2010 09:44:26 pm
      Don't pay. Don't go. Simple philosophy.

As soon as this game was announced I posted in the fixture thread that a big game means more broadcasting of our boycotts.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28: Jun 17, 2010 09:56:36 pm
      To put it simply, "BOYCOT THE sh*t OUT OF THIS GAME PLEASE"
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Jun 17, 2010 10:06:40 pm
      If your brother doesnt renew his ticket- someone else will have it- the yanks will get their money one way or another- they dont care who the individuals are!

I personally dont think a boycott will work- not because we dont care or we dont have enough fans who love our club- because it is pointless-

Our club is up for sale, this is a huge step forward- The lads have to play weather they like it or not, they cant boycott! they need our support- this coming season probably more than ever before- will all the uncertainty behind the scenes, with the manager & the owners & players futures.
      I for one will be there- my lousy £37 is a drop in the ocean to h&g, I couldnt bear the look on the lads faces when they see a half empty stadium.
      The media are aware of how much sh*te we are in- even if we dont get that much coverage.

H&G are on their way out- they are leaving our club to go ruin something else- sooner or later they will be gone- I dont think a boycott will make it sooner rather than later.

I hate to see the fans divided like this- like those opposed to a boycott are `day trippers` or clueless- this is not the case at all.
      Those players need our support & we need to stick by them.

No offense as i like you on this forum :) But that attitude is what is stopping these things from working, thinking its pointless and that your 37 is a drop in the ocean. You've gotta realize that just because the club is officially for sale - that means nothing. They have been for sale for almost the entire time they have been here basically. And they won't budge while the banks continue to prop them up - but the banks won't prop them up if their profits plummet due to their revenue being cut off.

When everyone, or even a majority, stops their drops in the ocean - it's noticed.

The players will know why its happening. They are not stupid. And a lot of them will probably be behind it, whether they openly say it or not.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2010 10:32:06 pm
      Havent they got a scheme if your a season ticket holder and you cant go to the game, you can give it back to the club and you get a discount of next seasons ticket. If they have, just give your ticket back at the last possibly time, thus not spending money on a ticket.

Mate, they only give you £30 for the ticket in this scheme.
      Therefore, they pocket just short of £10 from the season ticket holder, then sell it on at match price again.

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2010 10:51:17 pm
      Thankyou!

I try to write my posts without offending anyone- just trying to get my point across, attempting to make you understand!

To those who wish to boycott:   What is the outcome?
      Do we really think the yanks will see a half empty stadium & sell up quicker?
      Sell to the first buyer and jump on the first plane back to usa?!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #32: Jun 17, 2010 10:57:27 pm

Our club is up for sale, this is a huge step forward- The lads have to play weather they like it or not, they cant boycott! they need our support- this coming season probably more than ever before- will all the uncertainty behind the scenes, with the manager & the owners & players futures.
      I for one will be there- my lousy £37 is a drop in the ocean to h&g, I couldnt bear the look on the lads faces when they see a half empty stadium.
      The media are aware of how much sh*te we are in- even if we dont get that much coverage.

H&G are on their way out- they are leaving our club to go ruin something else- sooner or later they will be gone- I dont think a boycott will make it sooner rather than later.

I hate to see the fans divided like this- like those opposed to a boycott are `day trippers` or clueless- this is not the case at all.
      Those players need our support & we need to stick by them.
      I'm sorry but I'm in total disagreement with you, the lads don't need our support, they're getting paid whether we're there or not they've got contracts with the club just like a season ticket holder has, we can do what we like  r.e. boycotts etc.but If the players don't play they get sacked  !, it's up to US the fans the get rid of the cu*ts as soon as possible.
      It's not just YOUR 37 quid thats propping these idiots up its all the others as well !

NOT A PENNY MORE ! let alone 37 quid !
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      Reply #33: Jun 17, 2010 11:02:56 pm
      The players dont need our support?
      I didnt mean financally- of course they get paid weather we are there or not, i mean mentally- with us being there.

I dont want to be divided on this- we all love our club and we all want the yanks out- this shouldnt cause such adversity.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #34: Jun 17, 2010 11:29:32 pm
      I've been to games at Anfield where if you closed your eyes you could have imagined it was half empty.

This ridiculous nonsense about them 'needing us there' is bollocks.  Fulham finished 8th, or whatever. How many fans do they get.

Absolute bollocks it is.

I tell you who 'needs us to be there'.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett.  And I'm happy to report to those two pricks that I will NOT be there.

Sell up and F**k off.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Jun 17, 2010 11:30:59 pm
      what he said  ^^
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      Reply #36: Jun 17, 2010 11:39:24 pm
      I understand what you are saying-

what i dont understand is how a half-empty (if its half or less) Anfield will make the owners leave any faster?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Jun 17, 2010 11:42:26 pm
      ^ Because they will have to get realistic about the price.

They are currently turning down decent offers because they want £800M.

It will also increase pressure from the bank - not to mention the huge PR disaster it would be for them.

However, it appears you are happy to continue putting your money in to their pocket so I'm happy for you to continue to do so.

My conscience will be clear.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #38: Jun 17, 2010 11:59:02 pm

what I dont understand is how a half-empty (if its half or less) Anfield will make the owners leave any faster?

What JD said.

And also, it makes them leave a hell of alot faster than everyone turning up to Anfield every game like everythings dandy.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      Reply #39: Jun 18, 2010 12:07:19 am
      No need to be like that- i was just asking.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #40: Jun 18, 2010 12:11:09 am
      I'm not going to any games until they're gone.

I refuse to put any more money in the pockets of them cu*ts, and that includes "licensed" products, which still earn them a royalty.

I really want to rant, but I don't want to explode, so I'll leave it there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Jun 18, 2010 12:52:58 am

what i dont understand is how a half-empty (if its half or less) Anfield will make the owners leave any faster?

Whatever money we give them is helping them pay the interest. Cut that off and they have to use their own money which is non-existent because they are near broke in personal wealth.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2010 12:58:16 am
      The players dont need our support?
      I didnt mean financally- of course they get paid weather we are there or not, I mean mentally- with us being there.

I dont want to be divided on this- we all love our club and we all want the yanks out- this shouldnt cause such adversity.

It unfortunately has come to that time where we need to force the issue with fans, not with putting too much pressure on as we need to stick together - but people need to made to realize that going to the games is not helping at the moment. The only thing it does is feed debt that we should not have, and keep them in power longer.

You cannot rightfully say "I want H&G out" and then go and buy them another first class dinner by buying a match ticket. It's just not right.

I don't want to make you feel guilty as a genuine fan i think you are, but i do want to make you fully realize what you are doing by going to matches. Fact is the way its going you won't have too many more matches to go to ig they stay in charge.

EDIT: Okay just seen the last few posts. Half empty or more Anfield = less money for them and more pressure for them to sell. How can you not see that? Do you understand how their business works?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2010 01:25:34 pm
      Are we actually thinking this could work?

I mean yeah- everyone on the forums will boycott- but not every lfc fan that attends games go on these forums-
      Im not saying it wont work or anything of the like- just trying to be realistic!

Capacity of Anfield is 46,000 right?
      So that means we would need at least 23,000 not to attend to get noticed,

Im just thinking that each genuine supporter that doesnt go- some daytripper or fan who is unaware of the situation will go- hence the stadium will not be empty enough to get noticed.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44: Jun 18, 2010 01:41:40 pm
      There seems to divided loyalties concerning the boycott, From those who are not willing to give up £37 to those who hold season tickets, Surely the point is that the time for action is now and if that means financial sacrifices then so be it, The ultimate goal is to rid the club of Herpes and gonhorroea, This has to happen ASAP,We have to stick together on this issue, I can see where Ms Torres is coming from but as DLS said the players are well aware of our support and know will only be acting for the good of the club, Ina way it's the perfect time to start in such a high profile match, And i hope its the first of many, Lets get these kunts out, For the sake of Liverpool FC, For our 96 brothers and sisters for Shanks, Paisley Fagan etc etc, Lets show the world we wont be fcuked with no more.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Jun 18, 2010 01:56:55 pm
      I get the idea of a boycott is to hurt the yanks pockets, but really it's doing the team no favours either. I for one support Liverpool Football Club and I want to show my support for the players on the pitch any way I can. A lot of people on here will bi*ch about Gerrard and say his head is going down and he's been a sh*t captain. This is because his morale, and the morale of the team is low after a poor season. Its not exactly going to improve morale if they walk out onto the pitch at anfield on the first day of the season with F**k all fans cheering them on. I get the idea but in my list of priorities, supporting the players comes first.

Quick Reply