Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps

Read 6717 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps
      Reply #69: Jun 27, 2010 12:11:59 pm
      No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No F***ing WAY!!!!

When i spoke before hand, i was so angry when i heard the news but now i have had time to calm down, i will give a balanced assessment. Deschamps is not a great manager. But, he did do well with an average Monaco team in the European Cup. Also, he did well to break the Lyon dominance in France last season. However, i think that dominance was broken as much by the poor performances of Lyon and not the quality of Marseille. Anyway, thats all i have got on the positive side of things. Now, he is an ex-Chelski player. I have no problem with that but i never liked him at Chelski. He was an arrogant pr**k. Also, i don't think he is a great manager....just been a bit lucky at times i.e. picking up a Marseille team when it appeared Lyon were getting weaker.

Thankfully, it does look, however, like this rumour has been quashed and it was just that...A RUMOUR!! I suppose we have got to get used to this sh*te. We have all had an interesting day-trip, now for the next manager to debate....
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #70: Jun 27, 2010 12:20:13 pm
      When I spoke before hand, I was so angry when I heard the news but now I have had time to calm down, I will give a balanced assessment. Deschamps is not a great manager. But, he did do well with an average Monaco team in the European Cup. Also, he did well to break the Lyon dominance in France last season. However, I think that dominance was broken as much by the poor performances of Lyon and not the quality of Marseille. Anyway, thats all I have got on the positive side of things. Now, he is an ex-Chelski player. I have no problem with that but I never liked him at Chelski. He was an arrogant pr**k. Also, I don't think he is a great manager....just been a bit lucky at times I.e. picking up a Marseille team when it appeared Lyon were getting weaker.

Thankfully, it does look, however, like this rumour has been quashed and it was just that...A RUMOUR!! I suppose we have got to get used to this sh*te. We have all had an interesting day-trip, now for the next manager to debate....
      Prefered your no no no...... QUOTE ;D
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #71: Jun 27, 2010 12:33:26 pm
      Prefered your no no no...... QUOTE ;D

Well, in that case:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO F***ing WAY!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #72: Jun 27, 2010 12:38:00 pm
      Lock?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6232344,00.html

Liverpool's interest in Didier Deschamps appears to have been completely quashed after the Marseille manager announced that he was happy at the Stade Velodrome.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson had looked most likely to take over before Marseille's title-winning coach Deschamps emerged as a strong contender.

However, the World Cup-winning Frenchman has now rejected any chance of joining Liverpool, revealing he is "in discussions" about a contract extension with Marseille.

He explained: "I am happy at Marseille. I am not there for just one year. A coach must be there for the long haul, and that is my wish."

The French club's president has also dismissed the chances of Deschamps, who also led Monaco to the 2004 UEFA Champions League final, taking over at Anfield.

It was reported in L'Equipe that Liverpool chief-executive Christian Purslow contacted Marseille and asked to speak to Deschamps, a request which was turned down by Jean-Claude Dassier.

Dassier claimed: "He asked me if I allowed him to meet Didier and Jean-Pierre Bernes (Deschamps' agent).

"I replied that I did not allow any meeting to take place. I have also indicated that there is no way we'll let go of our coach."

What he said.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply