Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hodgson expects Gerrard to stay

Read 3294 times
      mr-dentist
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Hodgson expects Gerrard to stay
      Reply #23: Jul 08, 2010 04:22:34 pm
      I hope
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #24: Jul 08, 2010 05:03:16 pm
      Good news lett's hope Torres and Masch stay
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #25: Jul 08, 2010 05:17:58 pm
      I fully expect Steve and Nando to stay. I hope Mascherano stays but I do not think this will be the case. Although I wonder how his wife will get on in Italy, can she speak Italian? Mascherano is just making excuses. He should come out and tell it like it is. But he does not want to burn his bridges incase it does not happen. Back to Stevie. I believe he know this is a vital time for Liverpool and I do not believe he will leave us when we need him the most. He is a big part of the club and the dressing room. But if he does go we will still be ok as we have been before when others have left. If he does leave he will leave with my best wishes and respect as he has earned it. But I do not believe it will come to that. As for Torres, he loves the club and the city as does his family. I do not trust Broughton with regard to Chelsea but I believe Nando will give us another season minimum as he came to Liverpool to win and I don't think that has changed for him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Jul 08, 2010 05:24:10 pm
      Mascherano is not making it easy for himself. Very much doubt he'll stay so I'd take 30 million for him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Jul 08, 2010 05:27:26 pm
      I never seen that mate. Any chance of a link or anything?

It is certainly positive words being reported. But, until Gerrard comes out and says it, i will believe nothing.

Here's Gerrard saying he wwas not going anywhere before world cup, but BBC did not use the quote ! kunts !

Was on Anfield road. http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/201005223669/gerrard-yes-ill-be-at-liverpool-next-season.html/

Its on here somehwre I posted the link to teh interview on  I player.
      Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 08, 2010 06:30:05 pm
      I hope your right Brezipool! I would feel very confident going into next season with Gerrard still here(hopefully Torres too) it'll be a rebuilding year, but change is good! I will feel a Hell of a lot better as soon as  H&G sell and go away though! YNWA
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 08, 2010 07:23:44 pm
      Well, It's a bit of good news for now. I hope we hear the same about Fernando Torres soon.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #30: Jul 08, 2010 07:29:35 pm
      It's hardly 'Hodgson expects'.

More like 'Hodgson hopes'.

I'd say if we had decent owners and there was funds available then I'd say losing Stevie wouldn't be that bad but with this board and not having a F***ing clue where the 30m will go it's too risky.

He might be starting to lose his legs a tad but he's still quality and even at 30, £30m won't do him justice.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31: Jul 08, 2010 08:40:22 pm
      The only club trophy Gerrard hasn't won with Liverpool is the Premier League. Surely winning the League in another country wouldn't make up for that! I think he'll stay and try and achieve that with us.

Unless money is the motivating factor, and he just wants a big payrise!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32: Jul 08, 2010 10:00:45 pm
      The only club trophy Gerrard hasn't won with Liverpool is the Premier League. Surely winning the League in another country wouldn't make up for that! I think he'll stay and try and achieve that with us.

Unless money is the motivating factor, and he just wants a big payrise!!
      Money is a strange God
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #33: Jul 09, 2010 05:12:32 am
      Im confident they'll both stay. I like to believe football players CAN be something other than jackdaws and be motivated by something that isn't shiny or money.

Lets see.

Quick Reply