Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE

Read 23607 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE
      Reply #46: Jul 06, 2010 04:59:46 pm
      It's a scary number.

I'm convinced you couldn't actually physically burn £20 notes faster.  If anyone is rich enough to try it out with a match and a £20 note please post your video! ;)

My video camera's broke.... and i can't afford a new one ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #47: Jul 06, 2010 07:27:39 pm
      Good to see this campaign doing well. We need to send out a message here and it's great to see so many people behind it.

That debt thingy left me speechless to be honest. Absolutely shocking.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #48: Jul 07, 2010 11:47:16 pm
      That debt counter is going up by about a £1 per second, outrageous how that is even allowed to happen.

No wonder RBS are slow to do anything to them clowns.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2010 12:33:09 am
      No wonder RBS are slow to do anything to them clowns.
      Public ownership - say something about how it's really bad.
      Private company mantra - laugh inside. I'm sure the RBS board absolutely love that new counter we've put up.

Anyway, I present to you the world's most expensive drawing.

We, and I really do mean 'we', spent £45.1M on plans for this new stadium under Hicks and Gillett's ownership.

And guess who got most of that money? HKS, a Dallas based architects firm.

We could have had another two Fernando Torres instead, but I mean wow, who needs two world class footballers when you can pay over £40M of fans hard earned money for some boss computer generated models.

Well, I'm not paying any more money to Tom and George, so they might want to get Rolf Harris to do this years drawings.

NOT A PENNY MORE (till they've fu**ed off for good).
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2010 02:39:07 pm
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #51: Jul 08, 2010 03:29:43 pm
      the debt ticker is shocking! Yanks Out NOW!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #52: Jul 10, 2010 05:08:01 pm
      Does everyone at RBS have their Champagne glasses ready?

We're about to go through another million pound barrier.

http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.html
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #53: Jul 10, 2010 05:47:15 pm
      Public ownership - say something about how it's really bad.
      Private company mantra - laugh inside. I'm sure the RBS board absolutely love that new counter we've put up.

Anyway, I present to you the world's most expensive drawing.

We, and I really do mean 'we', spent £45.1M on plans for this new stadium under Hicks and Gillett's ownership.

And guess who got most of that money? HKS, a Dallas based architects firm.

We could have had another two Fernando Torres instead, but I mean wow, who needs two world class footballers when you can pay over £40M of fans hard earned money for some boss computer generated models.

Well, I'm not paying any more money to Tom and George, so they might want to get Rolf Harris to do this years drawings.

NOT A PENNY MORE (till they've fu**ed off for good).

I saw a really well referenced article on this today. In addition to the money H+G have spent on this sketch there is a further £10m+ that Moores has pissed down the drain.

F**k me, for £55m we could have got a decent Picasso or even a good Van Gogh.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #54: Jul 10, 2010 07:26:52 pm
      I'm digging that sig Jake!

A multilingual "NOT A PENNY MORE" would be good. If you speak another language other than English, can you post it in here please? Thanks multilingual reds.  :)
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #55: Jul 10, 2010 07:35:04 pm
      I have been thinking about this campaign for a while and had a couple of thoughts I would like to share.

First of all, I want to say that nothing I write is meant in a negative sense. It is simply thoughts about how I see this campaign. See it as my attempt to support the campaign from far away.

It took me some time to decide for supporting this campaign. For me there was two obvious approaches. 1) Actions/protests inside Anfield plus boycott of official club store 2) A total boycott of Anfield plus the official club store.
      Both approaches have strenght's and weaknessess. Obviously you attract a lot of attention from the media inside Anfield and you get the message about boycotting the official club store spread around the world. The bad part is of course that you keep paying the owners. Boycotting Anfield has a more direct impact on the owners, but demands a bigger sacrifice from people and is therefore in bigger risk of not getting the necessary support.

One thing both approaches have in common is that they both need big support in order to have a real effect on the situation. As I said, I think a campaign whose actions take place inside Anfield would more easily gather support than one that involves boycotting Anfield. When I, in the end, decided for supporting the boycott it was because IF the boycott gathers enough support, it would mean the certain end to the Yanks ownership of the club, whereas endless protests inside Anfield do not guarantee a reaction from the Yanks.

So as I said, IMHO, the succes of the campaign is totally dependent on the number of supporters that it garthers. Since Im supporting the campaign I will of course do my part to get as many people on our side as possible.
      And this is what most of my post will be about. How do we spread the word? There might be something going on behind the scenes that I am not aware of (I saw Reslivo had written something in another thread about the campaign not having taken off yet) but I have been thinking? Way to little is being communicated about this campaign. This thread should have a 100 pages already and not two (allthough I know some discussion takes place on the facebook page).
      Why are so few on this forum discussing this campaign, coming up with ideas for actions, protests, getting media attention, spreading the word etc.? I also searched RAWK for mentions of this campaign and only found JD's mentions of the campaign there. On Kopworld (former staff member EddieC's forum) I found no mention of it either.

Another part of the question "How do we spread the word?" is about, how do we argue, how do we convince people this is the best approach? Im mostly reading on this foum and only occasionally posting, so I have been observing a bit how the discussion regarding the campaign has been. And there has been a couple of occasion were I thought the campaign was not communicated in the most optimal way.
      A general thing is that since the campaign was published I have seen quite some negativity towards people who didnt agree, and there has been refered to that vote about how to act against the owners and that the majority voted for the actions that the campaign is representing. One thing is. around 55 % voted for the complete boycott. That leaves a whole 45% who supports less hardcore actions than what the campaign represents. Around 18% support no kind of match boycott. Furthermore, 223 people voted out of around 13500 forum members. How many of those are active I dont know, but my guess would be far more than 223. Since this is a forum and by definition a place for discussion and since the vote gave almost fifty-fifty division between people who agree and disagree to some extent with the campaign, I see no justification in the negativity towards people who disagree with the campaign. It is not as if people are banned for having another opinion, but often there is this very sarcastic and also arrogant tone towards people who disagree. And I know for sure that such an attitude wont convert someone who disagrees.
      To make an example, in this thread

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31508.0

I thought Smigger made a very good example about how to argue with a doubter, by posting the link from the guardian. Many of the other answers though were arrogant, and sent the message: Either you are with us, or you are against us and not welcome here and we dont take your opinion serious. Because The Famous Kopite actually stated that he believed that we must support the team on the pitch. Disagree with that? Yes, but I dont disrespect it, and by disrespecting others opinion we wont convert anyone.

In this thread

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=30558.300

McJo was writing about this campaign not standing a chance. Allthough his posts were arrogant and his attitude bad, he raised a relevant point. How do we get enough people to hear about this. Cause as long as nobody knows about the boycott, they will attend games, and our efforts will only serve our own conscience.

Im just trying to put myself in the situation of the doubter who sees the campaign webpage. Many will think "This will never work, the stadium will be filled anyways". And its a fair thought, it will take a massive amount of work from many people to spread the word of the campaign. How do we convince people that its possible. How do we convince them that the campaign is not just some hardcore fans flashing their diehard attitude through a utopic campaign. Im not sure, but saying

McJo is obviously amusing himself at the forum members' expense. Pay no more attention to his bullshits and let us get ourselves back on topic. He will fade away just like Lobo did a few days ago.

Will for sure not help, whereas

So because it might not succeed, we should give up & let Purslow (aka "An Anfield source" according to a friend in the media) & the two yanks continue to kill our club.  To paraphrase, All it needs for these evil b*stards running our club to succeed, is for good redmen to do nothing.
      I've just asked 6 random reds from my facebook page, they knew about the campaign & now, because you asked them, do 4 other reds.

I believe that shows the quick straw poll I've just done shows that 100% of reds now know of this campaign.

is a much more positive to argue with people, which might cause them to change their mind.

Anyways, post over, hope it can generate som discussion about this campaign (in the right thread and not in the Purslow thread).
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 01:45:18 pm by TotheMax »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Jul 10, 2010 07:41:16 pm
      Watching the counter on the site is actually scary.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #57: Jul 11, 2010 03:36:57 am
      Just been sent a letter saying my All Red Membership has been automatically renewed. bas**rds...didn't realise it was an annual subscription! I was expecting to get a letter asking for money which I could ignore :(
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #58: Jul 11, 2010 11:40:56 am
      @TotheMax

I see you lifted a quote from another thread to highlight how NOT to engage with those who's opinion vary from the Utopian 'norm.

I'm asking you to please have a thorough read at all my post in that thread. I would suggest that my arguments were a lot more structured and developed that the one you lifted to illustrate 'the bad'.

The bloke chose to ignore every post which highlighted the weaknesses in his argument and, instead, concentrated on patronising and mocking others.

I take pride on the standard of my (serious) posts and, to be honest, i'm fu**ed off that you chose to use me as an example of someone who can not debate. Why, for example, did you not use this (from the same thread)?:

McJo, this is going to read as patronising but i can't think of any other way to put it: I have read all of your posts and they are, without doubt, very well written, well constructed and articulate - for that, i congratulate you.

I have no reason to doubt your motives for establishing some of this "evidence thing" before you make your mind up. So, just a teeny question:

Could you please share the "evidence", (which you obviously have), that leaves you "totally" believing "that people are being embedded into the boards"?......

....oh and i "totally" agree, with you, that "true fans will quickly identify those parasites" :nod:

Sorry for going off-topic btw.
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 11:52:25 am by bad boy bubby »
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Jul 11, 2010 01:49:03 pm
      @ BBB

Point taken, your quote removed. I didnt have enough time to search the forum for the quotes I remembered, so it all went a bit fast. I hope my general point stil goes through. My apologies.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #60: Jul 11, 2010 04:40:51 pm
      @ BBB

Point taken, your quote removed. I didnt have enough time to search the forum for the quotes I remembered, so it all went a bit fast. I hope my general point stil goes through. My apologies.
      Somebody else posted the campaign information on a a number of LFC forums.  This was not initiated by myself.  It has also been posted by the Save Liverpool FC organisers and we have been in contact with them.

At this stage, the campaign is all about allowing the section of fans who feel strongly enough to removal financial support from the owners (and that includes via the ticket office) to have a joint shared voice.

In fairness, we only raised the idea of a campaign a couple of weeks ago and in that time we have had about 3,500 visitors to the www.notapennymore.net website which without us 'spending a penny' on advertising it isn't too bad.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #61: Jul 12, 2010 12:37:14 am
      We are looking for people who can provide sponsorship via printed leaflets.

These will be distributed at the upcoming Europa League home game and Arsenal game.

We are looking for indivuduals who can provide 4-colour printing on black paper on A5 paper.  If anybody knows or runs such a business, we can provide advertising to 10,000 visitors as payment for your involvement.

We are wanting minimum of 2000 sheets.

Contact us via PM or via the contact page on Anfield Online
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/emailcom.php

YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 09:57:40 am by CRK, Reason: Europa League haha. »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #62: Jul 12, 2010 08:09:34 pm
      We are looking for people who can provide sponsorship via printed leaflets.

These will be distributed at the upcoming Europa League home game and Arsenal game.

We are looking for indivuduals who can provide 4-colour printing on black paper on A5 paper.  If anybody knows or runs such a business, we can provide advertising to 10,000 visitors as payment for your involvement.

We are wanting minimum of 2000 sheets.

Contact us via PM or via the contact page on Anfield Online
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/emailcom.php

YNWA.

John, what about the fella that printed our raffle tickets for the Charity Do.  Would be good advertising for him as his business is right opposite the Sandon.  He gave us discount on the raffle tickets, and we have used him twice now, so he might be approachable.

Edit: Link removed - he doesn't get free advertising yet. ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 11:29:22 pm by JD »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: Jul 13, 2010 12:29:23 pm
      The longer this unfortunate situation goes on, the more it is becoming blatantly obvious that this ownership is not what Liverpool Football Club needs. Not for now. Not for the future. Not ever.

We have two owners who said in 2007 that the spade needs to be in the ground within the following 60 days. I'm no mathematician but I'm fairly sure that it's been longer than 60 days. It's been more than 160 weeks. Yet the development that has been made has still cost us more than £40m.

We've got owners who have said that they have bought the club with their own money. Yet the money from a series of loans, taken out against the club or bodies set up to own the club to fund the new stadium, has vanished.

We've got owners who claim to have put money in to the club to purchase players, yet suddenly start adding contract renewals and servicing debt repayments to the manager's transfer budget, that he has to raise himself by selling off his squad.

We've got these owners, but we've also got the power to make a stand against them. We have the ability to directly affect the revenue streams that they originally came here for. The revenue streams that have been diverted from improving the squad, the club and the community around Anfield to servicing debt repayments to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

We can make a stand against these owners. We can cut off their revenue streams by refusing to further fund their tenure at the top of our football club. We can force them to reassess their ridiculous asking price for our football club. And when they are gone, we can focus on helping new owners rebuild what is left of our football club. Rebuild it back in to the bastion of invincibility Bill Shankly once spoke about.

NOT A PENNY MORE!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Jul 13, 2010 01:59:22 pm
      Just been reading a Dallas Observer Blog re Hicks, the Rangers and our predicament.  An LFC fan had asked the question about asset stripping at the Rangers and Stars this was the reply from a Rangers fan.

Rooster  says:

@OK - yes, that's what he did here. Players weren't necessarily "sold off" as much has he decreased the payroll so much they couldn't sign anyone. They simply let the players go to teams willing to pay them. Sometimes players were traded for minor league prospects.
      The entire time he did this he kept talking about how the teams were "losing money". The Rangers are a top 5 media market with a bottom 5 payroll.
      The Rangers are predominantly a young team full of cheap former minor leaguers who are just realizing their talent. They will eventually want to be paid, and probably do so with another team.
      The Stars have been gutted of their talent and are going to be bottom dwellers for a very long time as a result.
      You can protest all you want, but the only real way to increase the pressure is to hit Hicks in the wallet (i.e. - stop going to the games). That really is the only language he speaks.
      I personally had Ranger season tickets for 10 years, and gave them up a few years ago. I figured if the owner didn't give a damn about the team, neither did I.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Jul 13, 2010 02:36:03 pm
      The debt ticker made an appearance on Rawk.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #66: Jul 13, 2010 04:42:47 pm
      Just been reading a Dallas Observer Blog re Hicks, the Rangers and our predicament.  An LFC fan had asked the question about asset stripping at the Rangers and Stars this was the reply from a Rangers fan.

Rooster  says:

@OK - yes, that's what he did here. Players weren't necessarily "sold off" as much has he decreased the payroll so much they couldn't sign anyone. They simply let the players go to teams willing to pay them. Sometimes players were traded for minor league prospects.
      The entire time he did this he kept talking about how the teams were "losing money". The Rangers are a top 5 media market with a bottom 5 payroll.
      The Rangers are predominantly a young team full of cheap former minor leaguers who are just realizing their talent. They will eventually want to be paid, and probably do so with another team.
      The Stars have been gutted of their talent and are going to be bottom dwellers for a very long time as a result.
      You can protest all you want, but the only real way to increase the pressure is to hit Hicks in the wallet (i.e. - stop going to the games). That really is the only language he speaks.
      I personally had Ranger season tickets for 10 years, and gave them up a few years ago. I figured if the owner didn't give a damn about the team, neither did I.

Thanks for posting that Debs there seriously is only one way to make the fuckers start paying attention and that is deprive them of that they worship which is of course money.
      They must have been laughing themselves silly sitting in the midst of the supporters they were screwing all ends up, actually they were laughing uncontrollably at the time so there you go.
      While they are dismantling the team and the ever faithful continue to make it worth their while they will "carry on regardless" which by the way is the name of a farcical production some time ago which H&G are intent on reworking.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010 04:55:13 pm by stuey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: Jul 13, 2010 04:58:38 pm
      I was amazed to find out only recently that Hicks has history of decieving the fans and the club. His company went into some business partnership with Brazilian club Corinthians and promised, as one of the directors, a new stadium for the club. It of course never happened. It also absolutely pains me to see the Texas Rangers go bankrupt under him who's fans share widely the same view as a truly awful businessman but also a horrible man personally.

I'm not sure if this has been posted over the site but if it has apologies. It's an intriguing article which I think combining us with the Texas Rangers fans and Dallas Stars fans  probably makes Hicks the most hated man in the Western world!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413101-texas-rangers-dallas-stars-owner-tom-hicks-the-most-wanted-man-in-texas
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #68: Jul 14, 2010 02:14:17 am
      He's a bad egg and no mistake.

Quick Reply