Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Steven Defour (Standard Liege)

Read 19685 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Stephen Defour (Standard)
      Reply #46: Jul 31, 2010 01:49:05 am
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Steven Defour (Standard Liege)
      Reply #47: Jul 31, 2010 01:53:43 am
      MiciG, PLEASE use the search function.

That's the second thread of yours I've had to merge in as many hours.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #48: Jul 31, 2010 02:00:58 am
      MiciG, PLEASE use the search function.

That's the second thread of yours I've had to merge in as many hours.
      Fair enough about this one but i thought the Jesus to man city one was funny enough to merit its own topic.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #49: Jul 31, 2010 01:59:51 pm
      They Daily Post are also reporting this, so it may carry some weight.

Although the Mirror are too, so that removes that weight.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #50: Jul 31, 2010 03:10:03 pm
      Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson targets Steven Defour and Christian Poulson

ROY HODGSON has placed Christian Poulsen and Steven Defour high on his wanted list as Javier Mascherano inevitable departure moved a step closer.

Having informed Hodgson that he wants to leave the club earlier this week, Mascherano has been axed from the squad which flew out to Germany today for tomorrow’s friendly with Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Preliminary discussions have taken place with Inter over a potential transfer to the San Siro and it is understood that the Italian giants have poised to table a ÂŁ20million bid.

The fact he has been left out of a travelling party that includes Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Glen Johnson merely increases the thought that he has played his last game for the Reds.

Plans are already at an advanced stage to find Mascherano’s replacement and the energetic Defour, who starred for Liege when they played Liverpool in a Champions League qualifier two years ago, has much in his favour.

With Liege having no European campaign this season, Defour, 22, – a Belgian international who has been capped 24 times by his country – is anxious to move and sources in Belgium have confirmed he would be available for a fee in the region of 12m euros.

A Liverpool delegation went to watch Defour last night as Liege kicked off their domestic campaign against Zulte Waregem and Hodgson is now debating his next move for a player who has moved into the latter stages of his current contract.

But Hodgson has other targets, among them the Denmark international Poulsen, 30, who played for the Reds boss at FC Copenhagen.

Though the player’s representative Joern Bennesen was unavailable last night,

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta said: “Liverpool have shown interest in Poulsen. But the fact that he did not play in (against Shamrock Rovers) on Thursday is only due to a technical decision.’

One man who definitely won’t be leaving Anfield any time soon is Thursday night’s two-goal hero David Ngog, who has been persistently inked with a move to West Bromwich Albion all summer. Baggies boss Roberto Di Matteo openly admitted recently that he wanted to take Ngog on a season-long loan to the Hawthorns but Hodgson has moved to squash all speculation by stressing he is not on the list of players that Liverpool are looking to offload.

“Nobody at the club has ever told me that we are looking to move him on and I certainly have never heard West Brom’s name mentioned,” said Hodgson.

Meanwhile, Liverpool youngster Dani Pacheco was won the Golden Boot at the European Under-19 Championships although his Spain side lost the final 2-1 to hosts France in Caen last night with Reds team-mate Chris Mavinga in opposition.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/31/liverpool-fc-manager-roy-hodgson-targets-steven-defour-and-christian-poulson-100252-26967904/2/
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: Jul 31, 2010 03:31:24 pm
      Defour, yes.

Poulson, no.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #52: Jul 31, 2010 03:39:31 pm

My thoughts exactly.

Imagine, Stevie G. and Stevie D.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #53: Jul 31, 2010 03:42:51 pm

Wouldn't be half bad, that.

StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #54: Jul 31, 2010 03:49:56 pm
      My thoughts exactly.

:laugh: I agree, mouth watering. Even though Defour is a more balanced central player rather than a midfield enforcer type I still think he's the best name linked with us to bolster our midfield. Unless Lucas is going to become the Gattuso-esque player that we need, It's going to be mammoth task for Lucas to step into Mascherano's shoes.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #55: Jul 31, 2010 03:50:49 pm
      However, i would much prefer we save the money and have a midfield of Stevie G, Lucas and Aquilani. ;)
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #56: Jul 31, 2010 03:55:48 pm
      I can't see where he would fit into the team. Unless Roy is planning on playing with no defensive midfielder next season in the majority of our games and useing Lucas as Mascherano's replacement.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jul 31, 2010 03:59:48 pm
      To be honest I'd be happy with this signing, my preference would be for Banega as I think players from the Spanish league are more suited to the premiership going off what I have seen from the likes of Alonso, Arteta, Reina Arbeloa etc etc and Defour for all he looks quality, he looks quality in the Belgium league, where the quality is not as high as in Spain in England, however that Felliani fella with a head like a microphone made a successful transition, so if we are to sign Defour, I hope he can follow suit.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #58: Jul 31, 2010 05:12:24 pm
      Heard hes a sick player.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #59: Jul 31, 2010 05:14:11 pm

We've already got far too many crooks. Don't need to add another one to the list.

:f_whistle:
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 31, 2010 05:27:49 pm
      He was boss when we played Standard 2 years ago in a qualifier. Think he would be a major asset to us and at 10 million is a steal. Really hope this happens... :P
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 01, 2010 01:22:47 am
      Absolute belter/developing into a belter of a player. Bossed most games i've seen him in. If masch is sold he is my top choice as a replacement.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #62: Aug 01, 2010 01:33:32 am
      Would love to sign him just to piss of the mancs.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #63: Aug 01, 2010 02:53:22 am
      Really good player from what Ive seen of him but i wont get too excited until a see a solid link.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #64: Aug 01, 2010 08:42:10 am
      Would be excellent signing.

He could play either centre midfield roles no problem, the idea of him as the defensive player alongside Stevie would be fantastic.

Cmon Roy...get it done  ;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #65: Aug 02, 2010 10:10:41 pm
      Would love to see him at Liverpool
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #66: Aug 03, 2010 01:32:27 am
      Question you have to ask is, is he better or got better potential than what we already have here ?

Gerrard No.
      Aquilani No.
      Masch, No, but he may be moving on.
      Lucas Yes
      Spearing Yes
      Shevley possibly haven't seen enough of him potentially to be certain
      Plessis Yes.

So to be fair he's better/potentially better than possibly than 3 out of 6, possibly 4 out of 6 depending on Masch's future than our current central midfielders, so for that reason he should be given great considerartion.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #67: Aug 03, 2010 03:14:19 pm
      Question you have to ask is, is he better or got better potential than what we already have here ?

Gerrard No.
      Aquilani No.
      Lucas Yes
      Spearing Yes
      Plessis Yes.

So to be fair he's better/potentially better than possibly than 3 out of 6, possibly 4 out of 6 depending on Masch's future than our current central midfielders, so for that reason he should be given great considerartion.

He has definitely got the potential to be better then Aqualiani from what i have seen off him.He would be a top quality signing.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 03, 2010 06:00:22 pm

Gerrard No.
      Aquilani No.
      Lucas Yes
      Spearing Yes
      Plessis Yes.

Alberto is nowhere near Defour's quality in center midfield.

Quick Reply