Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

1 of 4 Great players need.

Read 5205 times
      Jobo_El
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -14 
      Re: 1 of 4 Great players need.
      Reply #23: Jul 20, 2010 12:24:17 pm
      Kuyt on bench ? I think that he is very good player and he shouldnt be on the bench. He worked well at World Cup and I think that he was one of best players in Netherlands team.

I dont think kuyt should be on the bench ! he is a really good player with great skills. he should start

????????????????????????????????

Am I watching the same Dirk Kuyt?

In my opinion, Kuyt represents everything that went wrong with Liverpool - work ethic over class. His constant back passing to the defence basically stripped us of a right side. Kuyt may work hard but so does me mam. He is not good enough.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Jul 20, 2010 12:28:13 pm
      On last season's showings Kuyt proved he's no right winger, Kuyt's 08/09 form for me, was down to Alonso's ability to pick him out in advanced position thus removing the need for him to take on his man.

Kuyt needs to be used in his favoured position as a Striker and if that means sitting on his arse on the bench and coming on for the last 20/30 minutes a game or the occasional rotation with Nando, then so be it.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Jul 20, 2010 12:30:34 pm

In my opinion, Kuyt represents everything that went wrong with Liverpool - work ethic over class. His constant back passing to the defence basically stripped us of a right side. Kuyt may work hard but so does me mam. He is not good enough.

While I would say that Kuyt had a good world cup, he was terrible for us last year and his touch was often the reason for our attacks breaking down. He had his best games for us upfront and I would have no problem with him coming off the bench to play upfront when needed.
      Maxi and Jovanovic on the wings with Cole in the hole. Has a nice ring to it
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 20, 2010 12:46:44 pm
      With Cole and Jovanovic onboard we are starting to look more like a complete team, obvious voids need to be filled i.e. left back. But otherwise we are looking decent if all players are fit, we need a consistent left winger and a out and out striker, then Roy will have proper options and can choose the best 11 every week instead of having to play out of form players because thats all we had!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #27: Jul 20, 2010 12:59:25 pm
      With Cole and Jovanovic onboard we are starting to look more like a complete team, obvious voids need to be filled I.e. left back. But otherwise we are looking decent if all players are fit....

And therein lies our biggest problem: most of our best players are seriously injury prone. Torres, Agger, Aquilani, Cole and to a slightly lesser extent, Gerrard. They're all good enough to warrant genuine 1st team status, but if that little lot played together in a 1/3 of our games I'd be very surprised! It also seems that Jovanovic has had his fair share of injuries too. But sadly, the likes of Lucas and Kuyt NEVER seem to get injured. Obviously I don't wish injury upon them but let's hope that Bricktop doesn't see in them what Rafa seemed to like.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010 01:11:02 pm by carheex »
      red phoenix
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 20, 2010 01:58:39 pm

Know your history, the great liverpool teams of the past had hard work drilled into them, it allows the class players time to play. Kuyt may not be technically brilliant, but he gives everything and gets his rewards for it. He keeps his place in the dutch and liverpool sides ahead of players more technically gifted and that should speak volumes for his talent.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #29: Jul 20, 2010 06:35:46 pm
      1. Cole.
      2. Left Back.
      3. Proper Left Winger.
      4. Striker.

1. Cole
      2. Warnock (but more likely Figueroa)
      3. Turan
      4. Crouch

What ya reckon? Possible if Masch goes and the money is reinvested.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #30: Jul 20, 2010 07:42:52 pm
      1 Cole
      2 Aquilani
      3 Jocanovic
      4 WILSON.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Jul 20, 2010 10:06:15 pm
      1 Cole

2 Sergio Ramos's brother. Cos Ramos plays on the right. He must have a brother?

3 Riera.   Yes. I said that.

4 Crouchie.   Back in the fold my man. Youll get a game now!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #32: Jul 20, 2010 10:24:28 pm
      Know your history, the great liverpool teams of the past had hard work drilled into them, it allows the class players time to play. Kuyt may not be technically brilliant, but he gives everything and gets his rewards for it. He keeps his place in the dutch and liverpool sides ahead of players more technically gifted and that should speak volumes for his talent.

Know your history! The great Liverpool teams didn't just have grafters and talent. They had talented players who were taught how to graft. It's not one or the other thats needed but both skills.  You can't teach talent, that's a natural gift, you can teach graft. I've said it before, Kuyyts second touch is more often a tackle instead of a pass or shot , due to his awefull ball control. My 11 year old controls the ball better than Kuyyt.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #33: Jul 20, 2010 10:46:11 pm
      On last season's showings Kuyt proved he's no right winger, Kuyt's 08/09 form for me, was down to Alonso's ability to pick him out in advanced position thus removing the need for him to take on his man.

Kuyt needs to be used in his favoured position as a Striker and if that means sitting on his arse on the bench and coming on for the last 20/30 minutes a game or the occasional rotation with Nando, then so be it.

Spot on analysis.

Quick Reply