Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

PS3 not working :(

Read 1288 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      PS3 not working :(
      Jul 20, 2010 04:51:55 pm
      Well lads,
      Now I know we have a lot of football geniuses on board here but do we have gaming experts?
      Woke up this morning, summer holidays, raining outside and was looking forward to switching Joe Cole to Liverpool in Fifa10 and wining the league with him :)
      Then I realised that my PS3 was refusing to read the game or any disk for that matter..
      It just will not show up? Does anyone know what I should do before the last resort of sending my beloved PS to the Sony surgeons??
      Help would be kindly appreciated :)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: PS3 not working :(
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2010 11:18:42 am
      Then I realised that my PS3 was refusing to read the game or any disk for that matter..

Found your problem  ;)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2010 01:09:40 am
      Sounds similar to a problem I've had with my PS3. Before jumping to any conclusions I would first recommend trying to play a couple of other things in the PS3. Try a movie DVD, a music CD and see if they work. If they don't it looks like your Blu-Ray reader has busted, which is what's happened to mine. Last time I checked with Sony it'll cost £130 quid to repair, because it's out of warranty.

Out of interest, where did you keep your PS3? Was it in a room that tended to be subject to extremes of temperatures?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2010 01:26:03 am
      Well lads,
      Now I know we have a lot of football geniuses on board here but do we have gaming experts?
      Woke up this morning, summer holidays, raining outside and was looking forward to switching Joe Cole to Liverpool in Fifa10 and wining the league with him :)
      It just will not show up? Does anyone know what I should do before the last resort of sending my beloved PS to the Sony surgeons??
      Help would be kindly appreciated :)
      Perhaps you could try formatting the system. Just back up anything you need (Videos, music, etc) and format it. I think the formatting option should be under 'System Settings.' Just check that out, because the other week i had a mate who's PS3 wasn't reading any games and my brother formatted it for him and now it's good as new.

If that doesn't work, check online for solutions.

Hope that helps.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2010 03:11:13 pm
      Perhaps you could try formatting the system. Just back up anything you need (Videos, music, etc) and format it. I think the formatting option should be under 'System Settings.' Just check that out, because the other week I had a mate who's PS3 wasn't reading any games and my brother formatted it for him and now it's good as new.

If that doesn't work, check online for solutions.

Hope that helps.

Oops, forgot to suggest that first. It's just in most cases it fails to fix things. If you're fortunate like Bahrosa's mate, it might work, but more often than not it's a more serious problem.

So format the system, then try to get the PS3 to read games and films. If it's still not working, then the blu-ray player is probably gone :(.

Quick Reply