Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Paul Konchesky (Fulham)

Read 23880 times
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Jul 31, 2010 02:16:24 pm
      Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson eyes move for Fulham’s Paul Konchesky

LIVERPOOL are weighing up a £2.5million swoop for Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has been anxious to bring in experienced cover in that position since Fabio Aurelio’s release and the impending sale of Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina.

Hodgson has explored a number of options, most notably Maynor Figueroa, Wigan Athletic’s Honduran international.

However, the pursuit of Figueroa has been complicated by a number of factors – notably the fee it would take to prise him away from the DW Stadium – and the fact that Liverpool’s quota of homegrown players is low.

Former England international Konchesky, 29, who scored for West Ham against the Reds in the 2006 FA Cup final, played under Hodgson at Craven Cottage and if Liverpool are able to thrash out a deal, the fee could eventually rise to £5million

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/31/liverpool-fc-manager-roy-hodgson-eyes-move-for-fulham-s-paul-konchesky-100252-26967903/
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2010 02:20:44 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2010 02:20:58 pm
      Considering, that as part of his joining Liverpool, Hodgson had to agree to not poach any players from Fulhamfor a set amount of time, I think I'll use this story to feed my roses.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2010 03:03:46 pm
      As average a left back as there is in the Premiership, would be a poor signing I've always thought he was a poor player. Someone like Aurelio is light years ahead of this lad.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2010 03:17:59 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2010 03:30:19 pm
      Inevitable that we were going to get linked to Konchesky.

Seriously average player.

But we seriously need to buy a few left-backs now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2010 03:43:57 pm
      Ya Ross but just because a lad plays left back we shouldn't buy him, F**k me Ross there has to be better left backs around willing to come to us than this lad.

Selling a 21 year old for £5 million and buying a £2.5 million journeyman to replace him that really is some transfer policy. If the Yanks are here in the long term they will take us down mark my words.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2010 03:45:41 pm
      Might have something to do with this:

Luke Young set for Fulham transfer as Liverpool eye Paul Konchesky

Luke Young looks set to become one of Mark Hughes's first signings as Fulham boss following the collapse of his switch from Aston Villa to Liverpool.

Should the deal be completed in the next week, it would pave the way for Reds manager Roy Hodgson to raid his former club for Paul Konchesky.

Young, 31, is not in Martin O'Neill's plans for next season and Villa accepted a £2.5 million bid from Liverpool earlier in the week.

However, the former Tottenham, Charlton and Middlesbrough full-back was unable to agree personal terms, with reports suggesting he was unwilling to accept a pay cut from his current £47,000-a-week salary package.

Hughes is a long-term admirer of ex-England defender Young and is ready to capitalise on the breakdown of the talks with Liverpool to wrap up a £2.5 million deal in the next few days.

That would leave Liverpool still searching for full-back reinforcements and Hodgson is said to be ready to take Konchesky to Anfield.

The 29-year-old was a regular for Fulham under Hodgson and the Liverpool Echo reports that the Reds are now lining up a £2.5 million bid for the former Charlton and West Ham man

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/836707-luke-young-set-for-fulham-transfer-as-liverpool-eye-paul-konchesky?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2010 09:16:50 pm
      Would be good but only as a reserve choice only and nothing more. We need a quality left back, but we've not really had one for ages now. I hoped Insua would stay, hoping that he'd progress but if he was going to put in another season like last one then he had to be sold.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2010 10:56:16 pm
      Nah we have FABIO!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Aug 18, 2010 01:20:47 pm
      This lad is getting linked again, I don't care he is F***ing sh*te and i will say this if we sign him to. Insua, Aureilo, Kelly Agger and Johnson are all better left backs then him
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 18, 2010 01:56:27 pm
      Please! this guy is one of the most average LB's in the prem! I hope he never pulls on our Red shirt, rather play our injury prone Aurelio than this fella.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Aug 18, 2010 01:59:38 pm
      Your doing a great so far Roy, dont f**k it up now by signing this sh*te.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #13: Aug 18, 2010 02:50:45 pm
      God I hope not.... people got all over Insua for not being up to snuff last season, but Konchesky is not any better.  At least with Insua we have a player with a good shout at improving, whereas Konchesky is getting past his decidedly underwhelming prime years.  Please Roy, keep Masch and Insua, and sign us a world class strike partner for Nando.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #14: Aug 18, 2010 05:48:15 pm
      No thank you.

Would much rather stick with what we've got than get Konchesky.
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 18, 2010 08:49:00 pm
      slightly off topic but if we keep masch/sign parker then surely the 4m for poulsen and 3m (rumoured) for konchesky wud have bought a far more established player than both, or cud even have been used in conjunction with any other money we may (probly dont) have.

all in all i would not like to see money spent on a LB who is not as good as aurelio and does not have youth on his side like insua or have even the slightest bit of talent that agger possesses.

lets hope roy's half promise to not raid fulham will be kept. wud much rather figueroa if im to be honest.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #16: Aug 19, 2010 12:12:02 am
      As soon as Roy was appointed, it was only a matter of time before this rumour cropped up.
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NNO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NNO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NNO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NNO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! O! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
      NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NNO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! O! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Need me to spell that out for you.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17: Aug 19, 2010 12:13:30 am
      Need me to spell that out for you.

NO!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Aug 19, 2010 12:14:51 am
      Sam -reds for life
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 19, 2010 11:19:05 am
      does he even get first team play at his current club
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 22, 2010 07:13:08 pm
      I thought he was quality against the scum :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Aug 22, 2010 07:16:27 pm
      I think he has a beautiful left foot. But so does Aurelio, and he knows how to defend.

I'll pass, but i don't think he's as bad as some are suggesting. Definitely not a top player and one i wouldn't want to sign for us but would do well at a Villa, Everton etc.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #22: Aug 22, 2010 07:36:06 pm
      Not a bad player but not good enough for Liverpool Im afraid.

Quick Reply