Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Paul Konchesky (Fulham)

Read 23879 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #207: Aug 29, 2010 12:52:31 pm
      Yes, but he has never played with World Class players has he so There is still a chance of him improving, sorry used the wrong word with Transform.

29 couple of more years in him.

I'd say hes in the top 10 LEFT backs in the premiership. You might seem to think not.

He wouldn't be in the top 10 left backs in the F***ing club let alone the league!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #208: Aug 29, 2010 12:53:41 pm
      On the subject of left backs, as much as I hate the c**t, did any one see Cashley Coles volley against Stoke yesterday ?

FFS what I'd give for a left back with his attributes.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #209: Aug 29, 2010 12:55:27 pm
      He wouldn't be in the top 10 left backs in the f**king club let alone the league!!

Silly commments like that....well just silly really. Konchesky did ok in europe last season also when they got to the final beating some 1/2 decent teams along the way! Hmmmm Figueroa's european record while at Wigan is superb I have to say. He cannot defend to save his life!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #210: Aug 29, 2010 12:56:23 pm
      Konchesky is far from the best left back available don that is 12 left backs I've listed in the Premiership alone that I'd take ahead of him when ever could you say that about a Liverpool signing before.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #211: Aug 29, 2010 12:56:35 pm
      On the subject of left backs, as much as I hate the c**t, did any one see Cashley Coles volley against Stoke yesterday ?

Didnt see it, Riise was probably the last good left back we had but he got sold, as did Warnock!
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #212: Aug 29, 2010 12:57:30 pm
      Konchesky is far from the best left back available don that is 12 left backs I've listed in the Premiership alone that I'd take ahead of him when ever could you say that about a Liverpool signing before.

Dossena, could probably have taken all the LB's in the prem ahead of him!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #213: Aug 29, 2010 12:58:03 pm
      Riise was terrible his last couple of seasons here, would take Figuero all day long over Konchesky as well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #214: Aug 29, 2010 12:59:32 pm
      What does that comment about Dossena mean you may check if want I said he was a poor signing when he came here and sh*t when he was here. So I'm the wrong lad to be making the Dossena comment about.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #215: Aug 29, 2010 01:01:29 pm
      Silly commments like that....well just silly really. Konchesky did ok in europe last season also when they got to the final beating some 1/2 decent teams along the way! Hmmmm Figueroa's european record while at Wigan is superb I have to say. He cannot defend to save his life!

Obviously a joke mate.

Figueroa is much better than Konchesky though.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #216: Aug 29, 2010 01:02:23 pm
      Well Figueroa has played in a team that has shipped 10 goals in 2 home games and he looked absoulutely shocking! He was given 3 out of 10 by the guardian for his performance against Blackpool and not much better against the Chavs. Didn't think much of him last season either when they were shipping 8 and 9, so no thanks!

Yeah but the difference is Figueroa was the strongest player in a very dodgy Wigan defence last year, whilst for the past couple of years Konchesky has been the weak link in a very good Fulham defence.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #217: Aug 29, 2010 02:35:03 pm
      At Anfield around the dressing room with the players.

Done deal then.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #218: Aug 29, 2010 02:36:42 pm
      Pretty much then
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #219: Aug 29, 2010 02:40:16 pm

That was a stunning attempt.

He's a c**t like you said but in my opinion probably the best left back around. Can tackle, got pace, can cross, can shoot, great positioning and can pass it around too.

Ah well, Konchesky will do. ;)
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #220: Aug 29, 2010 02:41:13 pm
      Yeah but the difference is Figueroa was the strongest player in a very dodgy Wigan defence last year, whilst for the past couple of years Konchesky has been the weak link in a very good Fulham defence.

'Strongest player in a dodgy defence'. I will put that differently for ya....'just not as bad as the others'!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #221: Aug 29, 2010 02:42:57 pm
      Looks like a done deal. Nothing to get excited about. I've talked with a number of Fulham fans and they all think them getting Salcido and shipping out Konchesky is a great piece of business.

Hopefully he's just back up huh?
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #222: Aug 29, 2010 03:47:42 pm
      Never thought I would see the day LFC is bringing in Konchesky & Poulsen as major summer signings....;(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #223: Aug 30, 2010 06:27:01 am
      Boss hopeful on Konchesky
      Roy Hodgson is hoping a deal for Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky will be completed in the coming days.

The deal may see Academy graduate Lauri Dalla Valle go the other way.

Asked if he expected things to be completed before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday, Hodgson said: "I hope so.

"One of our young players, a very talented young lad that Fulham have fancied for a long time, is going in the other direction and that's holding it up a little because he has to have a medical.

"I'm sincerely hoping it's just a technical hitch and that Paul will sign in the next couple of days."

Dalla Valle was linked to Fulham when Hodgson was in charge.

The gaffer added: "I didn't have a strong opinion on him one way or another but Malcolm Elias (from Fulham's academy) did. The lad's got the quality to go into a first-team contingent."

From the official website.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #224: Aug 30, 2010 07:09:35 am
      :( this sh*t baffles me.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #225: Aug 30, 2010 07:26:43 am
      Guess we have high aspirations this season. . .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #226: Aug 30, 2010 08:32:38 am

Me too buddy, me too.  :-\

Hodgson said:. ..."One of our young players, a very talented young lad that Fulham have fancied for a long time, is going in the other direction ... . The lad's got the quality to go into a first-team contingent."

What i'm reading here is that Roy believes that Lauri Dalla Valle has the quality to play first team football but not with us.

If I was a Liverpool player i'd be shitting it to hear Roy describe me as "very talented" or "a gifted footballer". You would just know you're being sold on to make way for players that, even the most loyal, would find it hard to describe as either, very talented or gifted.

It is what it is but it's still baffling.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #227: Aug 30, 2010 08:52:09 am
      OMFG, Da La Valle will be +20 mil in 4-5 years. Terrible terrible move.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #228: Aug 30, 2010 09:34:58 am
      jamie redknapp says its a great buy so... ima trust him and hope for the best i think... :-\
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #229: Aug 30, 2010 10:37:30 am
      I really really hope this deal doesn't come back to haunt us, I would have looked for a couple of million and Konchesky for Dalle Valle.

Quick Reply