Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Brad Jones (Middlesbrough)

Read 12363 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Brad Jones (Middlesbrough)
      Reply #46: Aug 12, 2010 12:11:20 am
      Liverpool sign Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones for £2m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302297/Liverpool-sign-Middlesbrough-goalkeeper-Brad-Jones-2m.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0wL1PAJRW

Liverpool have agreed a £2m deal with Middlesbrough for goalkeeper Brad Jones and have finalised the £5.5m signing of Christian Poulsen from Juventus.

Liverpool, who hope to agree a new one year contract with defender Jamie Carragher, 32, this week, have reportedly been offered Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb as a potential makeweight in a deal for Javier Mascherano but the Argentinian is still expected to join Inter Milan.

Waiting for the offal for a player thread ?
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010 12:16:46 am by RedLFCBlood »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Aug 12, 2010 01:13:32 am
      Liverpool sign Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones for £2m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302297/Liverpool-sign-Middlesbrough-goalkeeper-Brad-Jones-2m.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0wL1PAJRW

Liverpool have agreed a £2m deal with Middlesbrough for goalkeeper Brad Jones and have finalised the £5.5m signing of Christian Poulsen from Juventus.

Liverpool, who hope to agree a new one year contract with defender Jamie Carragher, 32, this week, have reportedly been offered Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb as a potential makeweight in a deal for Javier Mascherano but the Argentinian is still expected to join Inter Milan.

Waiting for the offal for a player thread ?

Was just about to post this but thought i would check first to see if somebody had already done so :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Aug 12, 2010 02:42:05 pm
      Another signing I'm disappointed with, I cannot see the logic in this signing at all. Are these the two signings Hodgson was talking about.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #49: Aug 12, 2010 02:45:04 pm
      Looks as though Cavalieri will be let go.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Aug 12, 2010 02:48:08 pm
      This signing absolutely baffles me. Why exactly are we wasting £2 million on this lad especially considering Reina is never injured.

I think its a clear sign Cav is on his way mate to be honest , If we could recoup the money, maybe a little more I wouldn't be too disheartened as he'll never replace Pepe.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2010 02:57:49 pm
      They were talking about him leaving free Redblood and I really rate our young Hungarian keeper don't understand this signing.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Aug 12, 2010 03:01:50 pm
      They were talking about him leaving free Redblood and I really rate our young Hungarian keeper don't understand this signing.

Neither do I.

Is this what Roy was reffering to when he said to ask Purslow about transfers.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Aug 12, 2010 03:04:32 pm

Me neither to be honest mate and I rate Gulacsi also, but this is obviously more about home grown quota's and making the numbers up cheaply than the quality of player, he's second string material at best.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 12, 2010 04:06:44 pm
      If somebody have to go to make space I prefer to keep Gulacsi.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #55: Aug 12, 2010 04:09:52 pm
      Me neither to be honest mate and I rate Gulacsi also, but this is obviously more about home grown quota's and making the numbers up cheaply than the quality of player, he's second string material at best.

He's Australian?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #56: Aug 12, 2010 04:10:12 pm

Is Brad Jones homegrown? I thought he was Australian.

Has he been in England all of his career?
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2010 04:22:36 pm
      He's been in Boro since 1999 when he was 18 so he is homegrown. This according to wikipedia...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #58: Aug 12, 2010 04:26:54 pm
      he has just signed 2.5 mill think its a waste of money should be seeking a striker...this is a joke.
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #59: Aug 12, 2010 04:27:21 pm
      Fee Agreed!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #60: Aug 12, 2010 04:29:25 pm
      I read somwhere that arsenal are for him too
       i'll try and find it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Aug 12, 2010 04:30:24 pm
      Is Brad Jones homegrown? I thought he was Australian.

Has he been in England all of his career?

Yes, he is and yes he has mate. :)
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #62: Aug 12, 2010 04:31:13 pm
      Cav must be on his way. We will go for a striker with the Mascherano money!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Aug 12, 2010 04:40:54 pm
      According to sky we have agreed a fee. Wonder does that mean Cav is off
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #64: Aug 12, 2010 04:44:45 pm
      he has just signed 2.5 mill think its a waste of money should be seeking a striker...this is a joke.

We're bringing in a keeper that contributes to the home grown quota and selling one that doesn't.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #65: Aug 12, 2010 04:44:51 pm

Stop knee jerking, we need homegrown players and how do you know were not seeking a striker?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #66: Aug 12, 2010 04:50:44 pm
      According to sky we have agreed a fee. Wonder does that mean Cav is off

Back to Brazil I reckon. He's said he's homesick a few times at the end of last season and this summer.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2010 04:50:55 pm
      I read somwhere that arsenal are for him too
       I'll try and find it
      here it is , don't know if its a reliable source as SSN

Brad Jones transfer battle begins between Liverpool and Arsenal

Premier League giants Arsenal and Liverpool are set to do battle over the transfer of another player this summer in the shape of Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones.
      Fresh from their free transfer scrap over former Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole, which was won by Reds boss Roy Hodgson, the two teams are both thought to have had £2.5million bids accepted for the Boro number one.

Jones, whose arrival at the Emirates Stadium could bring to an end speculation over fellow Australian Mark Schwarzer, has been given the green light to leave the Riverside for a Premier League side.

More: Liverpool transfer news and rumours

He is expected to begin talks over personal terms with both teams in the next 24 hours, with a view to concluding a move by early next week.

Hodgson is keen to bring in cover for first-choice Pepe Reina and has picked out his preferred target as Jones, who was understudy to Schwarzer before he joined the Liverpool manager's former club Fulham.

More: Arsenal transfer news and rumours

However, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could attempt to sway the 28-year-old with the promise of first-team football in north London - where question marks hang over the future of current number one Manuel Almunia.

The situation surrounding a possible loan move for Manchester City's Shay Given remains uncertain, so the Frenchman is believed to be testing the water in the rest of the goalkeeping market.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/837873-brad-jones-transfer-battle-begins-between-liverpool-and-arsenal
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2010 04:53:13 pm

If we sell Cavalieri this season for £2m + it's a good piece of business IMO.  Free HG player basically.

Quick Reply