Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Beat the Mancs to 20

Read 5599 times
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Re: Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Reply #23: Jul 03, 2008 12:21:52 pm
      Rafa is not just going out and trying to buy success in the short term.  Look at the improvement in the youth set up.  Look at what the reserves managed last season.  Look at the steady improvement in quality of the 1st team squad since he arrived.  He's building the club from the roots up and i'm convinced that we're on the brink something massive.
      IRWT
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 03, 2008 12:23:32 pm
      Sadly to say i am serious,dont get me wrong i think Rafa is a good coach but i dont think he has got what it takes to take us to the top of the PL and stay there to end of the season.Liverpool need a manager like Guus Hiddink from Russia,he didnt have the best players in the world to work with yet he took them into the semi-finals and has done so so many times.Im not trying to be funny or anything but thats my personal opinion.

Plz Rafa change liverpool around and lets raise the PL trophy so i can chew on my words afterwards.
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 03, 2008 12:28:54 pm
      Like I say, he is changing things around.  It takes time though.  Lets not turn into one of these clubs who expect instant succes as soon as a new manager walks in.  The mancs have spent years building what they have now and with more money.  Chelski have just had a sh*t load more money.  And I agree with fletch.  Ferguson was sh*t for 5 years and nearly got sacked.  Look at the smug c**t now.  Rafa will get it right.
      IRWT
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #26: Jul 03, 2008 12:30:54 pm
      Rafa is not just going out and trying to buy success in the short term.  Look at the improvement in the youth set up.  Look at what the reserves managed last season.  Look at the steady improvement in quality of the 1st team squad since he arrived.  He's building the club from the roots up and I'm convinced that we're on the brink something massive.
      IRWT
      I agree, mate.

Rafa has laid down some extremely impressive foundations.  And like Wenger's early days at Arsenal, once those foundations are put in place, you can start to go places.

Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 03, 2008 12:33:40 pm
      Rafa is not just going out and trying to buy success in the short term.  Look at the improvement in the youth set up.  Look at what the reserves managed last season.  Look at the steady improvement in quality of the 1st team squad since he arrived.  He's building the club from the roots up and I'm convinced that we're on the brink something massive.
      IRWT
      I would love to believe that Kingo,if we have improved in the time Rafa has been there why are we still sitting in forth position at the end of the season.Thats where we were before Rafa came in.The PL is starting to grow and more average teams are starting to get classy players eg.Man city,Tottenham and so on.Lets face it guys we have to do something otherwise we wont even make CL next year.Unfortunetly we dont have cash to splash so we gonna have to improvise on something else ie.Bringing in a new manager.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #28: Jul 03, 2008 12:36:34 pm
      I would love to believe that Kingo,if we have improved in the time Rafa has been there why are we still sitting in forth position at the end of the season.
      because Man Utd and Chelsea have far far more money to spend in the transfer market.

Quick Reply