Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Roy the Right Man for Liverpool FC? (added 9 September 2010)

Yes
      (7.3%)
      No
      (80.2%)
      Undecided
      (12.5%)

Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)

Read 510237 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)
      Reply #7015: Dec 13, 2010 01:18:26 am
      Evening All, new poster here. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I think Roy really has to go, I just want NESV to make the right choice and not start another turnstyle of managers...If we had an intrim now and got our man in the summer that would be 4 managers in a 12-13 month time frame...Choose the right one and make that choice count so we can move forward as a club and address the other issues that need taking care of.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #7016: Dec 13, 2010 03:26:49 am

I think Roy really has to go, I just want NESV to make the right choice and not start another turnstyle of managers...If we had an intrim now and got our man in the summer that would be 4 managers in a 12-13 month time frame...Choose the right one and make that choice count so we can move forward as a club and address the other issues that need taking care of.

Welcome to the forum and a nice opening post! :) Fully agree with what you say, all we need is stability and not a host of changes in the managerial seat. All sense of direction would pretty much be lost.
      Smigger
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #7017: Dec 13, 2010 07:43:55 am
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #7018: Dec 13, 2010 08:29:13 am
      Bring in kenny until the summer perfect solution. If he does well who knows
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7019: Dec 13, 2010 08:47:28 am

Welcome to the forum mate, wise words.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7020: Dec 13, 2010 08:58:40 am
      Firstly, sorry for the delay in responding to this post. (was out last night an haven't had the laptop on for most of today)

But yes, it is the manager's fault now as it was last year. Same way the players have to take their share of the blame this season, as they did last year. But if the manager won't change the players doing wrong, then he's not doing his job properly.

Probably not Hodgson, despite what he said in his opening press conference of returning to the old days of pass and move. I think it's clear though, some weren't prepared to persist for one day with Hodgson as manager let alone a couple of months. He took over a club in turmoil with a very average squad and with a fair few fans (rightly or wrongly) unwilling to give him a chance, he has always been fighting a losing battle. And the way he's gone about it probably isn't the right way though he can't go for a sh*t without some fans saying he shits the wrong way.

Lets be honest, the fella can't win with some. It's simple as that.

On the surface, most have admitted it - some quite proudly and wanting taps on the heads if truth be told. "I said this from day one" blah blah blah. And I doubt it'll get to a stage to where those people, half heartedly backing him, admit to him not being the right man, that's why nobody fully backs him. They don't have to admit to being wrong that way. Cunning bas**rds some people ;)

Now, why prolong the agony? In fairness, what manager are we gonna get at this moment in time? I don't know whose available at the moment. Half way through a season, most top managers (which we're supposedly meant to be going for) are at top clubs. The state this club is in at the moment, most wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and the only thing we've really got going for us now is our name. The chance to manage football's biggest club may be enough to convince somebody but the position that club finds itself in - out of Europe's premier competition, a squad brimming with average players, prospects of winning the League slipping further and further away, a new stadium no closer to being built than it was 10 years ago, a fan base becoming more demanding of instant success. That may not be too attractive to many top class managers.

So if we stop prolonging the agony of Roy Hodgson's tenure at Liverpool Football Club, what top manager (with all the on going problems at the club) is gonna wanna manage us? Another reason, in my book, for us to go for a Liverpool man. Somebody with affinity for the club would be more prepared to take on the challenge than an outsider.

Thanks for that reply Billy.

Every part makes sense - from the 'cunning bas**rds' to some 'looking taps on the head'. When push comes to shove we're all on the same side here and this oneupmanship, over something we pretty much agree on, is wearing thin; hence the reason for my last question to which you replied.

I, for one, will not rise to any bait from here on in.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7021: Dec 13, 2010 08:59:41 am
      Bring in kenny until the summer perfect solution. If he does well who knows
      As you say mate Kenny in the job to negotiate us through the remainder of the seaon would be a perfect solution, the fly in the ointment is the wrinkly faced one who is hanging out for the spondoolies - Hodgson and honour are not an entity.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7022: Dec 13, 2010 09:49:11 am
      Right man? Face rubber? Woy the Wabbit?

None of the younger members of this forum can have any idea how much watching and listening to this clown hurts.

When youve stood on the Kop and raised your arms with Shankly this idiot cant even walk in that man's shadow

...and that does hurt.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7023: Dec 13, 2010 11:08:57 am
      I think some on here seem to be confusing making your mind up with giving someone every chance to succeed in a very difficult job...... even when the likelyhood is that they will fall flat on their arse.

My own view is that I was disappointed when he was appointed, but hoped he could "steady the ship" and even move us forward until a better manager became available in the summer. However his talent for hitting every iceberg along the way has certainly made me worry if the ship will still be afloat if he stays till the summer.

I would give him the next 3 games to turn things around, if we fail to win any of them it will be time to call for Dalglish.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #7024: Dec 13, 2010 11:21:23 am
      I think some on here seem to be confusing making your mind up with giving someone every chance to succeed in a very difficult job...... even when the likelyhood is that they will fall flat on their arse.

My own view is that I was disappointed when he was appointed, but hoped he could "steady the ship" and even move us forward until a better manager became available in the summer. However his talent for hitting every iceberg along the way has certainly made me worry if the ship will still be afloat if he stays till the summer.

I would give him the next 3 games to turn things around, if we fail to win any of them it will be time to call for Dalglish.

Sorry get shut now.

"Steadying the ship" - what was the point with the club in the state it was in the summer in getting shut of the previous manager just for this arl F***ing fart to steady the ship.

He's F***ing sinking us like the titanic.

Should of let Rafa continue, until the takeover was done and let them decide if we needed a new manager.

But that poisionous little dwarf had a score to settle, so again WELL DONE CHRISTIAN, you F***ing little shitbag!!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7025: Dec 13, 2010 11:33:25 am
      Sorry get shut now.

"Steadying the ship" - what was the point with the club in the state it was in the summer in getting shut of the previous manager just for this arl f**king fart to steady the ship.

He's f**king sinking us like the titanic.

Should of let Rafa continue, until the takeover was done and let them decide if we needed a new manager.

But that poisionous little dwarf had a score to settle, so again WELL DONE CHRISTIAN, you f**king little shitbag!!

Maybe it was because Rafa was causing so many problems off the field as well as on it that he was moved on ? NESV had already looked at buying Fulham under Hodgson, and perhaps believed that he would be easier to deal with and less likely to go crying to the newspapers every time he disagreed with them. So in preparing the ground for the new owners Rafa gets moved on and Hodgson comes in........ just a thought.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7026: Dec 13, 2010 11:40:46 am

Jesus wept...how much proof do you need?
      Hodgson has done the damage the question of time needed concerns the seasons it will take to get us back to something resembling the LFC we recognise.
      The longer misguided souls such as yourself at whatever level give Hodgson the luxury of time, is to the detriment of OUR club.
      So by qualification your statement precludes yourself as wanting the best for LFC.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7027: Dec 13, 2010 11:43:48 am
      Maybe it was because Rafa was causing so many problems off the field as well as on it that he was moved on ? NESV had already looked at buying Fulham under Hodgson, and perhaps believed that he would be easier to deal with and less likely to go crying to the newspapers every time he disagreed with them. So in preparing the ground for the new owners Rafa gets moved on and Hodgson comes in........ just a thought.

The only problem with Rafa was that he wanted the best result for the club while the former regime had a totally different agenda.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #7028: Dec 13, 2010 11:44:24 am

Too simplistic!

Those problems, would that be fighting those pair of yank gobshites for the club? Purslow's a vindictive little sh*t and proved that by wanting to move on players when he should have no say on the footballing side of things. Let's be honest I don't give a F**k about Fulham and i don't give a F**k about Woy, the man inspires no F***ing confidence

And I'd rather have Rafa causing so many problems than this clueless tw*t.

Just a thought!

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #7029: Dec 13, 2010 11:44:59 am
      Hodgson has done the damage the question of time needed concerns the seasons it will take to get us back to something resembling the LFC we recognise.
      The longer misguided souls such as yourself at whatever level give Hodgson the luxury of time, is to the detriment of OUR club.
      So by qualification your statement precludes yourself as wanting the best for LFC.

We haven't truly represented Liverpool Football Club for well over 12 months. Hodgson hasn't been here for all of that time. He was repart of the rebuilding at Anfield, unfortunately it hasn't worked out to the level we needed.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7030: Dec 13, 2010 11:47:55 am
      Tomorrow I'm starting off on a long path of decorating work by getting a bedroom 'done up' for my daughter. If the bloke who i've booked to do the job looks like he ain't up to the job, early on, rather than allow him more time to F**k more rooms up; i'll 'sack him.

I won't just hope he can get it right (even when the likelyhood is that he will fall flat on his arse). ... That would be just F***ing crass.

Thing is: I've checked out this lad's work and it's not mediocre, it's not just decent; it's excellent. I know he'll do the job well.  ;D

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #7031: Dec 13, 2010 11:50:29 am
      Tomorrow I'm starting off on a long path of decorating work by getting a bedroom 'done up' for my daughter. If the bloke who i've booked to do the job looks like he ain't up to the job, early on, rather than allow him more time to F**k more rooms up; i'll 'sack him.

I won't just hope he can get it right (even when the likelyhood is that he will fall flat on his arse). ... That would be just F***ing crass.

Thing is: I've checked out this lads work and it's not mediocre, it's not just decent; it's excellent. I know he'll do the job well.  ;D

Is that excellent or very excellent? ;)

But if you did sack the first decorator for being sh*t (should be doing it yourself by the way mate ;)) would you not give the second decorator a little more leiancy if it looks bad to begin with because he'd be trying to clean up the first man's mess.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7032: Dec 13, 2010 11:53:15 am

I don't see how sacking him now and replacing him with .....? would be necessarily the best move. If I KNEW they would bring Dalglish in then maybe. Otherwise our choices are going to be very limited almost half way through a season, most of the type of managers we need (successful) will be fighting for trophies and not looking to move part way through a season. If we want a mediocre manager sure there are plenty available but why change ?  If we want the type of manager our great club deserves and needs we may have to wait till the summer. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #7033: Dec 13, 2010 11:54:13 am
      Put it this way if rafa had not gone public with the problems with board we could still be saddled with the pair of leeches,rafa made the process of exposing them very easy at the cost of his own health and reputation & job.

Purslow not only shafted the yanks but he shafted rafa in the process and still continues to shaft us today by being at the club in an advisory role.

Some seem to forget that rafa missed the funeral of his father to stay with the team if that does not tell you in what capacity rafa held the club and its value at then nothing will.

He is hated for being 'one' of us simple.

As for roy i have never known him to be linked with the top 4 teams in the PL so why get the job to manage the most illustrious club in english history?.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7034: Dec 13, 2010 11:55:05 am

Thing is: I've checked out this lads work and it's not mediocre, it's not just decent; it's excellent. I know he'll do the job well.  ;D

Wrong thread Gary but I'm in exactly the same situation and I know these lads are spot on, had to clear the room days ago and don't know where my shaver is - look like Ben Gunn at the minute.
      Back on topic...F**k me is he still here?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7035: Dec 13, 2010 12:13:39 pm
      Is that excellent or very excellent? ;)

But if you did sack the first decorator for being sh*t (should be doing it yourself by the way mate ;)) would you not give the second decorator a little more leiancy if it looks bad to begin with because he'd be trying to clean up the first man's mess.

Nah mate. The rooms are okay; just needed freshening up. The original decorator has moved on and whilst he done a good enough job; i need an improvement on him. I want something a bit more modern a bit more cutting edge, if you like.

The good lady was looking at another decorator; an old-hand who was easy to pay and likable enough. In fact I looked at some of his work and whilst he done a pretty decent job with 'wood-chip' wallpaper in the '70's; his work with high-tech, high-end materials was nothing better than ordinary.

I want my house to look good long into the 21st century that's why I've done my homework and work starts tomorrow - no point in putting it off.  ;D

By the way it's not 'pretty' excellent, not 'quite' excellent and not 'very' excellent - just excellent.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 01:05:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #7036: Dec 13, 2010 12:14:15 pm
      I could never understand why people were screamin' for Hodgson as manager last summer.Why? cos he took Fulham to a europa final and lost,Whoop-De-Woo! It dos'nt take much nowadays to convince people he's 'Liverpool material'.The man is f*ckin' CRAP, How he's become a Liverpool Manager is way beyond my imagination
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #7037: Dec 13, 2010 12:18:51 pm

Nah mate. The rooms are okay; just needed freshening up. The original decorator has moved on and whilst he done a good enough job; i need an improvement on him. I want something a bit more modern a bit more cutting edge, if you like.

The good lady was looking at another decorator; an old-hand who was easy to pay and likable enough. In fact I looked at some of his work and whilst he done a pretty decent job with 'chip-wood' wallpaper in the '70's; his work with high-tech, high-end materials was nothing better than ordinary.

I want my house to look good long into the 21st century that's why I've done my homework and work starts tomorrow - no point in putting it off.  ;D

By the way it's not 'pretty' excellent, not 'quite' excellent and not 'very' excellent - just excellent.  ;D

:lmao:

I can't even reply to that.

Quick Reply